Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Group Size in AoC

Some games are open world others are instanced.
Lately in mmprpgs you find 4man Dungeons(tank heal 2 dd) and 12man Trials.

If we take in consideration that AoC has a couple more roles than tank heal dd and if we take in consideration that AoC will be mostly open world with a FEW nice dungeons, what do you think a good group size would be to include tank dps bards summoners healers?

PS. most games have Command Channels in which 3 or 4 Groups have one designated leader that enables visual commands on screen/chatbox. This function is separete to a Group Size.

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Not sure why you put a poll up.

We already know the party size is 8 and the raid size is 40

This is subject to change based on testing.  
  • Old school, really love the holy trinity 😂
  • I think I read somewhere that the party size was almost definitely going to be 8.

Personally, in systems with 4 roles, I like 6 person parties (tank, healer, support, 3 dps) and 18 or 24 person raids.
  • I think I read somewhere that the party size was almost definitely going to be 8.

Personally, in systems with 4 roles, I like 6 person parties (tank, healer, support, 3 dps) and 18 or 24 person raids.
    Two posts up.  :):):):)
  • I just want there to be content that is available for these small sized groups. Naturally other content would require larger groups.
  • Large groups are great, they make aiming much easier.
  • Large groups are great, they make aiming much easier.
    Groups are pointless when you have a party of summoners ^^
  • nagash said:
    Large groups are great, they make aiming much easier.
    Groups are pointless when you have a party of summoners ^^
    Yes but you see what I meant was that it's much better to have them, after all the more mayhem, death and destruction my spells cause the better and for that I need multiple targets clustered together.