Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

How could the battle royale fit into the lore?

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited September 2018 in Ashes of Creation Lore
So it all starts with the player lobby so the players are at the portal to the world of Verra. 
So since the portals opened an expedition crew of 50 - 100 people is going to be sent to find out what happened to the people that started rebuilding and living in Verra because they have not heard from them in weeks. 
When they all group up and enter the portal they see nothing but red fog. Suddenly they hear gryphon sounds and most of them get picked up by a gryphon. They are trying to fight to get out of the gryphons
claws and get down so they have to each stab the gryphon with their swords at the right time and aim at a landing spot. Because every one of the got in contact with the red fog they see what the gryphons saw.
The gryphons see instead of every other creature a terrible armed monster that is charging towards them and so now the members of the expedition see each other and every other creature as a monster. Now the circle the storm that seems to be closing in is just an illusion and is a part of the corruption so they have this constant feeling of having to move away from it and when it closes the corruption wares off. 

How did the corruption start? The cause of this "corruption" is the people as they were exploring through the land they found out what started the first corruption which leads to them fleeing from this world but they started it the second time as the people did the first time.

In the stream, we saw that the players saw the other players as humans as well and I am going to say that is made just for the gameplay otherwise the in-game characters see something different.

Now as I was writing this theory I realized how could the ones that we now call tulnar get away from it. Well, fog cannot get underground so they could easily get away from it and that is my explanation from it. 

Comments

• I think this was mentioned in the last stream.

Different factions escaped through portals and ended up in Verra. Due to the chaos, they started to fight each other to the death.
  • FliP said:
    I think this was mentioned in the last stream.

Different factions escaped through portals and ended up in Verra. Due to the chaos, they started to fight each other to the death.
    Well that sounds less exciting but more realistic

• A ritual to summon heroes from another world was performed for them to defeat the demon king, they brought great knowledge and created the great battle royale in which petty nobles would pit fighters to claim the ultimate prize.
  • A ritual to summon heroes from another world was performed for them to defeat the demon king, they brought great knowledge and created the great battle royale in which petty nobles would pit fighters to claim the ultimate prize.
    I saw the same video on youtube but it was of heroes from fiction
  • I thought the DEVS said that Battle Royale isn't even planned (yet) for actual release of the game. It was just an easy mode to create for a first Alpha test. As for if it DOES make it in...

Could be as simple as an unknown faction / mysterious group creating illegal arenas around the world and pitting top warriors/adventurers against each other for show, bets and rewards.
  • FliP said:

This is the lore from Jeff and Steven's last live stream. 
  • makinoji said:
    FliP said:

This is the lore from Jeff and Steven's last live stream. 
    That was the best part of the stream for me. Having some lore about the fall ^^
  • I'm all for some red mist screwing with our minds to justify whatever other pvp activity. : 3
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    The BR Mode is the time before the Exodus through the portals to Sanctus.

Those fighting are those people who failed to make it through the portal before they collapsed.

It may or may not be a stand-alone product when the game releases.
    It may or may not be included with the MMORPG.

Only time will tell.  
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    Seriously hope BR is a joke. So sick of everyone trying to ride this BR wave. The whole point of Ashes of Creation was to "do what hasn't been done before", set new expectations for the genre, "move the genre forward", be the leading edge.  For the love of all that is holy, please keep with that model, don't ride this BR hype wave.

Coming soon: Hello kitty BR, Diablo 4 BR, Extreme Online Chess BR... but seriously... T.T

Maybe Im just getting old and no longer like change rofl. KIDS THESE DAYS AND THEIR BATTLE ROYAL!! GET OFF MY LAWN!!  Whatever they do, I can only hope they keep the genre moving forward as they've been promising.
  • FliP said:

Mostly true, one thing I'd like to clarify is that they were escaping from Verra to begin with. As they were among the last to leave, the portals weren't able to transport them to the new world, so they ended up getting thrown back to Verra. Now, for some reason that probably relates to Corruption (pure speculation), they all started to kill each other.

Not exactly the most heart-touching story (except perhaps in the literal sense), but it sounds about right for what might actually lead up to a battle royale.

Also, apparently the lucky bastards all had flying griffons, a luxury that most of us may never experience.   :cry:
  • Yarr all fools its obvious they wanted the loot for them selfs 
  • Noone touches my mountain of blanket loot. You hear me? <raises fist menacingly>