Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Heteromorphic Race in Ashes of creation

You know Demons, Angels, Undead, Naga, Werewolf, Dragonoid, Golems, Slime, Treants, Automaton, Vampire, Doppelganger, ect

Maybe I have been watching way too much Overlord anime, but the idea of a generally evil and stronger race in a Ashes of Creation sounds freakin' awesome. The idea would work more or less the same in Yggdrasil (if you haven't read/watched Overlord, then you probably won't understand) .

The general idea is that all humanoid players (humans, elves, dwarves, ect) will not receive any punishment and will not gain any corruption when killing Heteromorphic races (regardless of their level), but Heteromorphic races will then have an extra Racial skill tree and receive a bonus skill points every second level (or something similar).The Heteromorphic racial skills would boost certain class skills or give extra abilities. This gives them certain perks making them stronger 1vs1 against any humanoid race, so that people will band together to defeat them. 

Heteromorphic races cannot be part of Towns or Fortresses, but instead can be a part of OR control dungeons (when they reached high enough levels).  Humanoids will also receive quests and objectives to kill Heteromorphic players, making so their leveling much more difficult. Even though Heteromorphic races won't receive any corruption or punishment from killing players (except their own), it will be much more difficult to level one as quests and perks that appear for humanoids won't be available for Heteromorphic races. 

I know this is really far fetched and wishful thinking, I would love that perhaps in a future expansion we will get Heteromorphic races implemented into Ashes of Creation.

Comments

• I wish this was true more than anyone but I don't think we will get it any time soon. Curse you @IntrepidStudios

• Overlord is amazing and I’d love to see some of these races implemented as well but not sure how well it would all fit in, especially with those extra abilities and such. Maybe, a new race would be something extra for the future?! ✨🤞or a potion to temporarily change you into something else with some cool skills, kinda like the monster tokens! That way it’s temporary (not changing the game too much) but you still get to have fun for a little bit 🧟‍♂️ 
  • As much as we would all love so many races the chances of this happening are really low, for most humanoid races the Tulnar can be used but for most of these liches, nymphs, dryads, dragons etc. we will probably get racial skins rather than a complete new race.
  • As much as we would all love so many races the chances of this happening are really low, for most humanoid races the Tulnar can be used but for most of these liches, nymphs, dryads, dragons etc. we will probably get racial skins rather than a complete new race.
    I would be happy with that as long as it looks good
  • I think the closest we will see to your idea will be the monster coins
  • Monster coins are a whole different feature..

Furthermore, there will be enough "roleplayers" I expect playing as heteromorphic races. ;)
  • nagash said:
    As much as we would all love so many races the chances of this happening are really low, for most humanoid races the Tulnar can be used but for most of these liches, nymphs, dryads, dragons etc. we will probably get racial skins rather than a complete new race.
    I would be happy with that as long as it looks good
    The same goes for me :3
  • Combat bonuses could create situations where strength in numbers would get a little crazy without a combat drawback. Not getting corruption upon killing another players could be enough of an incentive to play said races.
  • Harue said:
    Monster coins are a whole different feature..

Furthermore, there will be enough "roleplayers" I expect playing as heteromorphic races. ;)
    Its still nice to have the ability to look like a race
  • Omg that would be amazing
    So have this in a matter of thanks

• nagash said:
    Harue said:

Maybe, just maybe we get that far away in future
  • nagash said:
    Harue said:

Maybe, just maybe we get that far away in future
  • drdebica said:
    Omg that would be amazing
    So have this in a matter of thanks

• I think we will need to wait for another mmo that specifically builds around that idea. Would be a different experience for sure.
  • Grisu said:
    I think we will need to wait for another mmo that specifically builds around that idea. Would be a different experience for sure.
    Just make the MMO overlord is set in ^^
  • Okay nagash, wanna help me? I'll build one before 2021 ends! (taking donations to get started.

• Grisu said:
    Okay nagash, wanna help me? I'll build one before 2021 ends! (taking donations to get started.

Can I also help
  • Prayl said:
    You know Demons, Angels, Undead, Naga, Werewolf, Dragonoid, Golems, Slime, Treants, Automaton, Vampire, Doppelganger, ect

Maybe I have been watching way too much Overlord anime, but the idea of a generally evil and stronger race in a Ashes of Creation sounds freakin' awesome. The idea would work more or less the same in Yggdrasil (if you haven't read/watched Overlord, then you probably won't understand) .

The general idea is that all humanoid players (humans, elves, dwarves, ect) will not receive any punishment and will not gain any corruption when killing Heteromorphic races (regardless of their level), but Heteromorphic races will then have an extra Racial skill tree and receive a bonus skill points every second level (or something similar).The Heteromorphic racial skills would boost certain class skills or give extra abilities. This gives them certain perks making them stronger 1vs1 against any humanoid race, so that people will band together to defeat them. 

Heteromorphic races cannot be part of Towns or Fortresses, but instead can be a part of OR control dungeons (when they reached high enough levels).  Humanoids will also receive quests and objectives to kill Heteromorphic players, making so their leveling much more difficult. Even though Heteromorphic races won't receive any corruption or punishment from killing players (except their own), it will be much more difficult to level one as quests and perks that appear for humanoids won't be available for Heteromorphic races. 

I know this is really far fetched and wishful thinking, I would love that perhaps in a future expansion we will get Heteromorphic races implemented into Ashes of Creation.
    I would absolutely love to be a succubus character in game.  I also like the idea of "infecting" either yourself or other players to transform them into these heteromorphic races.  ESO does this already with Vampires and Werewolves but I like the idea of adding succubus/Demon female and Incubus/Demon male,  Undead lich etc. These types of races should have big buffs but also come with big vulnerabilities.  So Vampires would take damage in sunlight as well as be incredibly weak.  They are also weak to fire and silver as well as being weaker if not fully fed.   However at night when fully fed, they have strength, speed bonuses with regenerative capabilities.  

A succubus would function very similarly they have to "feed" on either human NPCs or human players in order to gain similar bonuses.  When fully fed they can summon wings to fly/glide short distances, regenerate damage and have poison damage that applies a slow/weaken on other characters.   When "starving" they are "distracted" with accuracy debuffs,  no regeneration and lack the ability to fly. 

These transformative "monster faction" races could function very similar to the "Pirate" faction in ArcheAge where once you are "turned" into a monster race you will be kicked from your current faction and automatically joined into the monster faction. 

There could also be non transformative demi human races with milder permenant buffs/debuffs like Orcs (Strength bonus + berserker skill but lack the ability to do magic, weak to magic damage) Bunny girls (jump height buff + fall damage reduction)  Cat people Dexterity buff + fall damage reduction, Lizard people (armor buff + Magic resistance but lack the ability to do magic, Cold damage will both cause extra damage and slow them) Fairy folk - high magic ability but weak to physical attacks (even with armor its like they are wearing paper)

Honestly there are a ton of possibilities with regards to race but being able to be a demi human race or demon/evil race would be awesome.
  • Depends on how filled your wallet is <wink wink>
  • Grisu said:
    Depends on how filled your wallet is <wink wink>
    Oof, okay then I can still help for exchange for a giid gane
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    " ... Heteromorphic races will then have an extra Racial skill tree and receive a bonus skill points every second level ... making them stronger 1vs1 against any humanoid race ... OR control dungeons ... "

Hard No
    What, you want this to be like CrowFall's VIP System + Zerg-tactics +
    " Pre-Established Meta " before the game starts ?

However, i do agree, that some Anime has some very interesting ideas that can definitely be considered 
    o:) 

Fun Fact: ... the very 1st Anime, Astro Boy, was inspired by Disney 
    Just thought i should mention this (: 3)
    edited October 2018
    nagash said:
    " I wish this was true more than anyone but I don't think we will get it any time soon. Curse you " @IntrepidStudios

How's that thing Crying if they are no Eyes ?  :0
  • Can we throw in other monsters too, like giant snakes and worms from skull island? I didn't think I'd like this idea but it actually sounds great! I'd think they'd have to limit where they go so they don't like camp places or something too though.
  • Bisho said:
    Overlord is amazing and I’d love to see some of these races implemented as well but not sure how well it would all fit in, especially with those extra abilities and such. Maybe, a new race would be something extra for the future?! ✨🤞or a potion to temporarily change you into something else with some cool skills, kinda like the monster tokens! That way it’s temporary (not changing the game too much) but you still get to have fun for a little bit 🧟‍♂️ 
    Well, at least lore-wise heteromorphic races would fit in with the theme of corruption. I’m sure once the game has been fully developed and released, Intrepid will look into some of these more advanced features (Unique races, classes etc.). If they took a couple tips from Overlord, I doubt anyone would take issue with it xd.
  • Great idea but unfortunately to implement it would be to undermine a number of core values of the game like reduced "meaningless" ganking and the no locked factions model of gameplay to name a couple.
  • Arxeon said:
    Great idea but unfortunately to implement it would be to undermine a number of core values of the game like reduced "meaningless" ganking and the no locked factions model of gameplay to name a couple.
    I don't want ashes to be like that (apart from the races) but if a game like that did ever come out then I would play it more than anything else 
  • nagash said:
    Arxeon said:
    Great idea but unfortunately to implement it would be to undermine a number of core values of the game like reduced "meaningless" ganking and the no locked factions model of gameplay to name a couple.
    I don't want ashes to be like that (apart from the races) but if a game like that did ever come out then I would play it more than anything else 
    Dear Bone Man don't you already live it?  Ashes should be a vacation for you!
  • nagash said:
    Arxeon said:
    Dear Bone Man don't you already live it?  Ashes should be a vacation for you!
    Hahaha yes that's true
  • Eragale said:
    nagash said:
    " I wish this was true more than anyone but I don't think we will get it any time soon. Curse you " @IntrepidStudios

Those aren’t tears, that’s dew that collected in the eye sockets.
    edited October 2018
    Atama said:
    Eragale said:
    nagash said:

Those aren’t tears, that’s dew that collected in the eye sockets.
    Well, I'd imagine that an eternal undeath could become quite dull after a while. Perhaps this individual decided to spice up their continuous crusade against the living by ritualistically collecting the tears of its victims, applying them to an eye socket to better appear overjoyed as it welcomes the arrival of said victims into the afterlife.

A nobler cause there never was.