Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

How detailed is the character creation in this game?

I don't know if there has been any options on this but I couldn't find any information on how detailed you would be able to create a character. Are we talking about Black Desert full on character creation sim 5000 or are we going the route of only a dozen prerendered features. Can you make the males ripped and the girls busty?  Is everyone going to only choose for a couple of body types that fall into small, medium, big and huge making things as mundane as possible? Can you create your own unique face or are you going to be stuck with a bunch of preset facial expressions? Do we have any videos on this or details?

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    They have talked about character creation quite a bit in various livestreams. They have said that you will have something with as many or more options than BDO.

• Well that's good to hear. Thanks for the feedback. To many games give you the bare minimum of character creation where you're just another carbon copy of some random charater in a sea of nobodies. 
  • Yeah here is another interesting piece of info, they want to have the character creator released out to us before launch so we can play with making our characters before launch day!

• Jahlon said:
    Yeah here is another interesting piece of info, they want to have the character creator released out to us before launch so we can play with making our characters before launch day!

That's great! I was actually hoping they would do something like that!

• I am hoping we get something like this. We have the hardware that can run it.

• Next to zero.

Everyone is a marshmallow. Your customization is you get a black marker, and get to draw your own squiggly face on it.

Here's my future character.

• Krojak said:
    Next to zero.

Everyone is a marshmallow. Your customization is you get a black marker, and get to draw your own squiggly face on it.

Here's my future character.

Just give me the bare bones ^^
  • I've never really been into character creation cust. but if they really said it gonna be like BDO or more , than its safe to say we are going to have allot of customizing to do :dizzy:
    edited October 2018
    I've never really been inthio character creation cust. but if they really said it gonna be like BDO or more , than its safe to say we are going to have allot of customizing to do :dizzy:
    BOOB SLIDER!!! Set it to maximum! 
  • most people will jump into the character creation and will be like: https://youtu.be/ayAd9JB-p_E?t=80

K, big boobs, tall, blonde, ready to go get me some free stuff, "clicks play"
  • Santy182 said:
    most people will jump into the character creation and will be like: https://youtu.be/ayAd9JB-p_E?t=80

#Not all heroes have skin
  • nagash said:
    Santy182 said:
    most people will jump into the character creation and will be like: https://youtu.be/ayAd9JB-p_E?t=80

Here is a skinless one for you @nagash. I know its not boney enough for you.

Image result for skinless heroes

• To all the dwarf players out there how would you like Ashes to have this as your character.

Image result for ue4 khaleesi

• To all the dwarf players out there how would you like Ashes to have this as your character.

Image result for ue4 khaleesi

is that dwalin? :D i can see there being a lot of dwarves looking as tough as him :P 
    edited December 2018
    This was created in UE4

Image result for UE4 GOT Khaleesi

• nagash said:
    Santy182 said:

Here is a skinless one for you @nagash. I know its not boney enough for you.

Image result for skinless heroes

Its a start ^^
  • Just let me go wild on the Boob slider! I'll pay extra for the cosmetic extension on the slider! Make AoC pay to boob! #p2b!
    edited October 2018
    Just let me go wild on the Boob slider! I'll pay extra for the cosmetic extension on the slider! Make AoC pay to boob! #p2b!
    I think you mean pat to bone

oh god I just read that back   :s
  • Character creation is only skin deep.

• Dygz said:
    Character creation is only skin deep.

It should be deeper ^^
  • Stomp your feet and raise the noise!

Big boobs on your characters  

shows the envy of little boys. 

It's always a give away.   

It's always a give away.   

Yeap stupid little boys is right.

They should wear two large sand bags around their necks and see how comfortable it is. Give it a week and I am sure the slider would move drastically to the left.

It's always a give away.   

Yeap stupid little boys is right.

They should wear two large sand bags around their necks and see how comfortable it is. Give it a week and I am sure the slider would move drastically to the left.
    This is why bones are superior
    edited October 2018
    nagash said:
    Tell me this does not make your bones rattle  a bit.

Image result for Bone chest piece

• nagash said:
    Tell me this does not make your bones ratter a bit.

Image result for Bone chest piece

bloody hell how much was he smoking
  • nagash said:
    Its a she..........
  • nagash said:
    Its a she..........
    Oh my mistake the skin makes in confusing 

bloody hell how much was she smoking ^^

• Jahlon said:
    they want to have the character creator released out to us before launch so we can play with making our characters before launch day!
    Awesome :smile: