Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will all mounts' speed be the same or will the speed vary?

The question is the title.

Comments

• We have been told that animal husbandry will be the key to breeding qualities and traits into the mounts that you want. 

Do we have a specific quote on speed?   Not that I can put my hands on.

A side key part of this is that the skins from the cosmetic shop are just that skins.  They go over a mount that you obtain in game.   So if you want your mount to have a certain ability you have to get that ability on the mount first, then put your chosen skin over it. 

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    considering we can spec heavily into animal husbandry then i assume we could make the speed vary? we'll just have to see.
  • Short answer - yes
    Long answer - yes

Typically mounts speed vary from 25-60% in most MMORPGs, I'd imagine AoC will be the same, just you can apparently be mounted so you can potentially increase the speed of them yourself. You know. Like pokemon! 
  • Short answer - yes
    Long answer - yes

Typically mounts speed vary from 25-60% in most MMORPGs, I'd imagine AoC will be the same, just you can apparently be mounted so you can potentially increase the speed of them yourself. You know. Like pokemon! 
    Hoorah!! 😀
  • Jahlon said:
    A side key part of this is that the skins from the cosmetic shop are just that skins.  They go over a mount that you obtain in game.   So if you want your mount to have a certain ability you have to get that ability on the mount first, then put your chosen skin over it. 

One would presume there would be some small classification system as to what mount skins can be used on what mounts otherwise we end up with mayors with flying penguins, sheep and turtles while everyone else are racing dolphins through townsquare and leaping elephants out of the water in magestic archs...
  • You don't need to presume or even assume. It was stated that skins would only fit the matching class of mount, mule, pet, ship class, or building. No one is making their inn look like a candy store or making their horse look like a turtle.
  • Jahlon said:

Do we have a specific quote on speed?   Not that I can put my hands on.
    Found it: "We have incorporated roles for non-pvp oriented players to impact these PvP events. Such as developing the defensive abilities of cities and castles, or enhancing the defenses of our caravans, to creating faster mounts, and advanced weaponry that can be used by the PvPers."

Source: https://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/interview-ashes-of-creation-wants-bring-virtual-world-life/