Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Character Background, an option to consider

Hi,

I'm a huge fan of the idea that drives the developpement of this game and I do have a suggestion to make regarding how the background of a character can affect the overall gaming experience.

Per say, I would like to know how you guys feel creating a new character shall feel ? How hard would you have to work to bring him as close as possible from your main character ?

Thx

Comments

• Well your background is sorta already written for you.

You are a hero chosen to jump through a portal and reclaim your long lost home.

• Jahlon said:
    Or were you pushed through.

I never liked you being a hero from day one. Its the same crap from the other MMO's.

I would prefer if they said you were a bum on the other world and you were a burden to them. So the only way you could redeem yourself was to go make something of yourself.
  • I see it less of a hero thing but more of a recolonisation effort and that your character is one of the many pioners to head through the gate to re settle the "old world"
  • Never liked the whole 'hero' stuff, in the first place we cross the gates to pioneer the world of Verra or rebuild it, who says your character cant be some villain who sneaks inside ? 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    Never liked the whole 'hero' stuff, in the first place we cross the gates to pioneer the world of Verra or rebuild it, who says your character cant be some villain who sneaks inside ? 
    I like that, that should be an option when you first login or get them to have some say how and what your character is. By having a set of questions to create a character bio.

Well it will be better then your the hero you smite all evil in the world, you cannot do anything wrong.

Once you enter the portal the first thing you do is try to PK someone. Some Hero.
  • Jahlon said:
    I would prefer if they said you were a bum on the other world and you were a burden to them. So the only way you could redeem yourself was to go make something of yourself.
    If I were in a position to develop a game, that's the route I would take.  I wouldn't make you a person of interest from day one, I would make it like an old school table top setting.

Problem is, it probably wouldn't be that popular.  People want to play video games to be special snowflakes.  
  • Jahlon said:
    Jahlon said:
    If I were in a position to develop a game, that's the route I would take.  I wouldn't make you a person of interest from day one, I would make it like an old school table top setting.

Problem is, it probably wouldn't be that popular.  People want to play video games to be special snowflakes.  
    I sure as hell dont want to be any sort of snowflake sorry they tend to melt fast :3 It's enough to give players options especially when we have an ambiguous start to the game like arriving through a portal, there is nothing to define our character and since we are the new residents it would be ridiculous if we were all heroes.
  • Never liked the whole 'hero' stuff, in the first place we cross the gates to pioneer the world of Verra or rebuild it, who says your character cant be some villain who sneaks inside ? 
    We seem to be agreeing on more and more its really starting to creep me out ^^
  • nagash said:
    Never liked the whole 'hero' stuff, in the first place we cross the gates to pioneer the world of Verra or rebuild it, who says your character cant be some villain who sneaks inside ? 
    We seem to be agreeing on more and more its really starting to creep me out ^^
    Great minds think alike ;)