Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Battle Royal - free and the MMO - subscription like Fortnite

Hey.
I think it would be best for the class balance and the marketing side of the game if the BR mode is free for everyone (fortnite style) because:
1. It will be full of players (because it's free)
2. It will be giving allot of data in order to balance the classes better.
3. The BR free players will want to try the payed MMO -> more MMO players

Comments

• BR game won't have classes to balance.
  • They have also stated that they have no plans to balance the BR current weapons and abilities either. It is there to give them load data and to make sure their custom backend for UE4 can handle the amount of people per area they plan on. If you are looking for a new fortnite, a better bet would be to stick with fortnite, cause this isn't going to be it.
  • Most people dont even want the BR mode to stay :3 
    They will re badge it and call it Ashes Royale.
  • BR game would take away from the final product and generally should only be used because its a very efficient testing platform. If people truly want br elements it can be incorporated into the core game as some sort of objective mode for an event.
    Oh please I hope not 
  • interesting concept but I hope they scrap it. 
    Most people here, a community of devoted MMO fans who are looking for an MMO. That says absolutely nothing about the gaming community as a whole.

I couldn't care less either way. Even if it is continued and completed as its own little game, it won't overshadow and suck the developer resources from the main game like what happened to Fortnite and I'll be too busy playing Ashes to give it a second glance.
  • In every mmo one big problem is class balance, with many players (because it's free) will test the classes all the time.
  • Sikuba said:
    Most people dont even want the BR mode to stay :3 
    Most people here, a community of devoted MMO fans who are looking for an MMO. That says absolutely nothing about the gaming community as a whole.

I couldn't care less either way. Even if it is continued and completed as its own little game, it won't overshadow and suck the developer resources from the main game like what happened to Fortnite and I'll be too busy playing Ashes to give it a second glance.
    I was giving an opinion to the op's idea, obviously I was referring to the AoC community :3
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    Sikuba said:

I was giving an opinion to the op's idea, obviously I was referring to the AoC community :3
    I wouldn't say it was all that obvious. OP was talking about getting the attention of new players unfamiliar with AoC, so forgive me if I assumed that you were continuing the topic :/

I'm a shaman main, not a psychic. No need to get passive-aggressive :(
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    Ahhhh, the old reb-badge ploy eh ? Works every time.
    :smirk:
    speaking of new badges where are ours for the forum? and what happened to our old one? these are the questions that haunt me everyday 
  • nagash said:
    speaking of new badges where are ours for the forum? and what happened to our old one? these are the questions that haunt me everyday 
    Aren't they going to give them out at a later date ? :3
  • nagash said:
    Aren't they going to give them out at a later date ? :3
    They why did they take them away   :s