Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Integrating the BR lorewise

I think integrating the BR lorewise could be doable... Example:

Your character goes to lie down in bed to sleep. You'd get a prompt if you wanted to participate in the battle royal to relive the memories of one of your ancestors. You'd be most likely race locked (hopefully there will never be any support for hybrids).

In case you loose you loose. But if you win (Steven wanted to have some skins and such as rewards for wins in the BR), you'd remember where one of your ancestors left something on Verra for his bloodline that would return.

Still not sure how to integrate Tulnar to this :smile:

Just my thoughts. What do you think?

PS: I'm not really into PVP so I wouldn't mind if the BR wouldn't make it to the finished product.

Comments

• There was a man or woman that loved his/her pets.
    In fact he/she loved them probably a little too much and that petting went a little too far.
    Anyway, its time to claim your birthright.
    :smirk:

• Well, steven said the BR is based on the last people in Verra who failed to get out through the gateway so, in the end, they fell into despair and became barbarous and started to kill each other to get out of verra. In the end, they failed and died or fell to corruption. 

Its not much but its something ^^
  • nagash jep heard that... just thought about integrating it into the game... it would be weird if you could just log into the BR from anywhere or an arena as I suppose the standard PVP will be like... this could give it more of a "realistic" occasion to manifest.

(wonder what ancestors you'd have :smiley: )
  • Erleon said:
    nagash jep heard that... just thought about integrating it into the game... it would be weird if you could just log into the BR from anywhere or an arena as I suppose the standard PVP will be like... this could give it more of a "realistic" occasion to manifest.

(wonder what ancestors you'd have :smiley: )
    I was already dead before the fall ^^
  • Erleon said:
    BR from anywhere or an arena as I suppose the standard PVP will be like...
    *If* a BR were to be integrated I think an Elder Scrolls style arena would be the way to go.
  • Keep it simple I say... Arena's and change kills to knockouts. It's like an mma fight where someone might get trounce but there's staff that can get to them/port'em out and heal them back to health. It can be an underground things...
  • The portal only had enough energy to transport one more person so they fought to see who would go.
  • I bet the gateway was just spiteful
  • When Verra evacuated they said you couldn't take pets or mounts with you but these people didn't listen. They tried to take them through anyway and... it didn't work. That's why they fell from the sky riding griffins.
  • sunfrog cool good narrative. It could be that they were attached to them. Let's not make it a greed situation :smile: