Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

how about so incentive program for smaller youtube/Twitch channels?

I see only the big time names and faces getting a green light to help push your game. How about something for small-time youtube/twitch channels as a way to help promote not only your game but to help the smaller streamers out as well?

Comments

• Have you even checked the requirements to become a content creator for Ashes? Unless they have changed them they are pretty much the same as Youtube requires as a threshold for you to get paid. Nothing is stopping you from making Ashes videos, what they are not going to do is give every person that creates a channel cosmetics and perks to give away during their podcast, livestream, etc for their channel that their Mom, and 3 bored people click on. You want to be a content creator? Treat it like any other business and build your "customer" base. Then you will reap the benefits.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Your reply still doesn't answer the question I asked. So if you're not going to answer my question I posted then please do not make a reply.
    edited September 2018
    I have a youtube gardening channel that meets, and exceeds, youtube's own thresholds. Dose that count for Ashes? :smiley:
    Though I guess my viewers would get unsettled if I changed my content so drastically; even though I haven't uploaded in a while...
    edited September 2018
    https://sites.google.com/view/AshesofCreationContentCreators

theres the requirements, and i believe they wont change but theyre also reasonably low
  • Here are the rules. @Shoklen While your gardening channel is awesome to be sure, all content creator applications are handled by @Belle-bot.exe ♡ on a case by case basis before gaining the approval of the Sandal God. He like any other controlling deity can choose to smite those over or under his guidelines. Have fun, and hope to see your first "Freehold gardening in Ashes!" video.
  • Your reply still doesn't answer the question I asked. So if you're not going to answer my question I posted then please do not make a reply.
    I will reply to anything I like. The answer was inferred in the response. But if you need it more clear. NO. There are no plans to make special rules because you feel you are entitled more than others who have put in the effort or have been lucky.
  • Here are the rules. @Shoklen While your gardening channel is awesome to be sure, all content creator applications are handled by @Belle-bot.exe ♡ on a case by case basis before gaining the approval of the Sandal God. He like any other controlling deity can choose to smite those over or under his guidelines. Have fun, and hope to see your first "Freehold gardening in Ashes!" video.
    I am just joking around having a little fun. I couldn't do that to my current channel; I'd alienate all my viewers almost instantly. heh.. I do plan on making a new channel for just Ashes but have no interest in any special treatment as far as being a creator goes. I just want  to upload clips of my adventures in the game.
    I truly appreciate the information though, very useful and something to definitely keep in mind. Thank you :)
    ... and a gardening freehold.. I just might!
  • Good to know about the program for us up and coming streamers and youtubers! Just need to build up a following..

• As a puny content creator I think it's a good question. Thanks for the link @reaccon
    I didn't know such a thing existed. 

To help small fries, Ashes has created the Community Creations board here on this site where anyone can promote their Fan Art, Fan Media (like YouTube),  Fan Sites, and Fan Stories. Also, if you tweet them a link to your video, or article, or drawing, and they like it they might retweet you. That's a big morale booster that will make you feel happy inside and encourage you to keep going. :) 

If you go to the homepage and hover over the word About then click on the words Press Kit. There you will find some assets, like logos, screenshots, and videos you can use for free. It isn't updated very often, but someday. Someday it might be. 

Eventually, the referral section will have creatives and other things you can use to promote the game. I'm expecting the banner ads and things to be really good since that is how Steven made his fortune.  How is that even possible? I only ever made $0.06 off of affiliate marketing. Wtf? How did he make millions?? Did he invent adwords and sell it to google??

Anyway, good luck @Oldwargoat You can do it!
  • Honestly if 'small time' channels (the meaning of the word will change the more popular a game will get) got the content creator benefits it would make no sense, you have to work for it.
  • sunfrog said:
     I'm expecting the banner ads and things to be really good since that is how Steven made his fortune.  How is that even possible? I only ever made $0.06 off of affiliate marketing. Wtf? How did he make millions?? Did he invent adwords and sell it to google??

Could you clarify the nature of the MLM and convince backers that Intrepid is on the level?

Ashes of Creation’s Steven Sharif: Yea, it saddens me to see a lie spread about me. When I was 18, I was recruited to join an MLM company called XanGo. XanGo sold nutritional products, a fruit juice and vitamins. I started a website store to sell these products to customers, and my website was very successful. XanGo is still around today as a company and after 14 years I think has done over 3 billion in sales and is open in 50+ countries. Yes they are an MLM, and I understand that people dislike MLM because some companies focus on recruitment of people instead of sales of a product. But companies like Avon, Marykay and XanGo really focused on selling a product, what you would find at a Whole Foods store, or Health Store.

So when I was 24, I began to get involved in investments and also in real estate, which is where I saw most of my success. I still am involved in those heavily today, but my primary focus now is in developing Ashes of Creation into an MMORPG that my true heart’s passion is focused on. Throughout my life I have always loved gaming, and it was my dream to create something that my fellow community of gamers could be proud of.

• another small channel here. I plan on playing this game pretty much exclusively and will stream it. don't care if no one watches because I want to play the game. I'll still be playing/streaming it when all the bigger guys get bored and move on.
  • Your reply still doesn't answer the question I asked. So if you're not going to answer my question I posted then please do not make a reply.
    If you want a direct answer to your question, maybe you shouldn't post on the forums, but rather write a support ticket or try contacting one of the moderators on the discord.

The forums are meant for discussion, and you are allowed to voice your opinion on what ever ashes related topic you want, but expect people to disagree and comment.

However, if you really are passionate about ashes, then being an official content creator shouldn't matter. It's just a cherry on top. The current content creators have worked just as hard as you have/will, when building their channel. Intrepid do state in their content creator program description (which you can find here: https://sites.google.com/view/AshesofCreationContentCreators) that exceptions to the rule can be made, but I wouldn't expect it to become a regular thing.

Work hard for it, and it will feel much more worth it when you've built a dedicated viewerbase who likes you for your ashes content, despite not being part of the official content creator program.
  • sunfrog said:
     I'm expecting the banner ads and things to be really good since that is how Steven made his fortune.  How is that even possible? I only ever made $0.06 off of affiliate marketing. Wtf? How did he make millions?? Did he invent adwords and sell it to google??

When I was 18, I was recruited to join an MLM company called XanGo. XanGo sold nutritional products, a fruit juice and vitamins. 

So will there be fruit smoothies in Ashes? :) 
    Whoa! That XanGo juice is $25 a bottle. I just looked it up on Amazon. :O
  • I've been growing some nice breasts so more people come to my stream. 
  • Karthos said:
    I've been growing some nice breasts so more people come to my stream. 

Yum, okay I’m in!
  • Mine are breaded
  • I see only the big time names and faces getting a green light to help push your game. How about something for small-time youtube/twitch channels as a way to help promote not only your game but to help the smaller streamers out as well?
    I feel that the best thing a small time YouTuber/Twitch stream can do to help themselves is to become educated on the best practices for their chosen platform, create consistent quality content that their targeted audience will find value from, and to be patient with their growth.

These qualities and steps will assist you towards your goals far more than being invited into the AoC CC program.
    edited October 2018
    Your reply still doesn't answer the question I asked. So if you're not going to answer my question I posted then please do not make a reply.
    I will reply to anything I like. The answer was inferred in the response. But if you need it more clear. NO. There are no plans to make special rules because you feel you are entitled more than others who have put in the effort or have been lucky. 

and with the entitled comment is where you are wrong...I asked a simple question and a simple yes or no  would have surficed NPC...
  • I did not meet the minimum numbers for the Program and I was accepted.

If you make good content, exceptions can be made.

• @Karthos I have seen your fat pictures you used to have breasts. LOL J/K of course

• Simple answer to OP: No.