Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Holy Trinity - No "We can all heal ourselves" -mmorpg pls

I love the Idea of a Holy Trinity System with a Tank,Mage and Healer that is fully dedicated to healing. Will this be the case in this game or will it be like: we have no healer -> ezpz i will heal myself im a strong independent character?

Comments

• There is actually A Holy SpongeBob Square going on. We have Tank, Healer, Dps, and Support classes. They have said that certain classes will be better at things than others. Not everyone is going to be able to heal themselves without the aid of potions or secondary class augments. Not everyone will be able to take a hit like a tank. Those that expect to do lots of damage will be giving up different survival traits. They want healers to be on the front line and combat to be tactical. Back to old school mmorpg roots, the "I can do everything as a single class!" people are going to have a rough patch of adjustment I figure.
  • Anything you can do I can do better...except your Archetype specific role, cause that's all you.
  • Why have a party when you can play Summoner 
  • We don't know yet how powerful the healing potions can be and how many types of healing potions we have. 

And we don't know yet how powerful the secondary class cleric augments will be.

So maybe picking Cleric as secondary will lead to some sort of more independent playstyle?

But then again the other secondaries may have more utility/Dps/tankiness.

An as  @UnknownSystemError said:
    They have said that certain classes will be better at things than others. 

• Augentier said:
    We don't know yet how powerful the healing potions can be and how many types of healing potions we have. 

And we don't know yet how powerful the secondary class cleric augments will be.

No, but we have been told that potions will not replace healers
  • Pls no f*minism in the game... fem. can*er s*ould be s*oped.

Feminism ruins games.

Feminism ruins games.
    /sighs
    No no...you are doing this all wrong.
    Feminism is ok as long as we get male chauvinism too ;)

Irony that men were once called male chauvinist pigs....and now some women have taken on the role of female chauvinist pigs. lmao.
    Strange world :)

Feminism ruins games.
    /sighs
    No no...you are doing this all wrong.
    Feminism is ok as long as we get male chauvinism too ;)

Irony that men were once called male chauvinist pigs....and now some women have taken on the role of female chauvinist pigs. lmao.
    Strange world :)
    haha, yeah it is a strange world indeed 
  • nagash said:
    Why have a party when you can play Summoner 
    Because a mage is far more useful...
  • nagash said:
    summoner/mage ^^
  • i was hoping by "no feminism" you meant, "i hope that feminist dont ruin the potential of sexy content for men and women" 
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    summoner/mage ^^
    Yes yes please dont bastardize mages into some sort of loonies that talk to in-animate objects...or even worse corpses
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    summoner/mage ^^
    Yes yes please dont bastardize mages into some sort of loonies that talk to in-animate objects...or even worse corpses
    I can see the summoner/mage being like the sorcerer Apprentice
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    summoner/mage ^^
    I can see the summoner/mage being like the sorcerer Apprentice
    or someone starving for company xD
  • Not being able to self heal would be a downer for solo players.
  • Rwraith said:
    Not being able to self heal would be a downer for solo players.
    Could you please tell me what MMO stands for in MMORPG? I am SUPER curious as to what that means :smile:

If you wanna play a solo RPG then you have a LOT of different choices:
    -Horizon Zero Dawn
    -Skyrim
    -Fallout 4
    -Uncharted
    -Last of Us
    -Tired of naming recent titles now because there are too many XD
  • Rwraith said:
    Could you please tell me what MMO stands for in MMORPG? I am SUPER curious as to what that means :smile:

-Horizon Zero Dawn
    -Skyrim
    -Fallout 4
    -Uncharted
    -Last of Us
    I can’t believe you don’t know what MMO stands for...such a noob!!!

/end sarcasm 
  • Rwraith said:

-Horizon Zero Dawn
    -Skyrim
    -Fallout 4
    -Uncharted
    -Last of Us
    Are you serious.... ? this is sarcasm right ? RIGHT ?!
  • Rwraith said:

-Horizon Zero Dawn
    -Skyrim
    -Fallout 4
    -Uncharted
    -Last of Us
    lmao, SO tempted to say no :) but I am a terrible liar
  • Rwraith said:

-Horizon Zero Dawn
    -Skyrim
    -Fallout 4
    -Uncharted
    -Last of Us
    Image result for shoot yourself meme
  • Rwraith said:

-Horizon Zero Dawn
    -Skyrim
    -Fallout 4
    -Uncharted
    -Last of Us
    Image result for shoot yourself meme
    This is fun :)
  • I must admit,

I'm quite tired of the holy trinity. It just super boring... "Hey you, go absorb all that damage! You, go deal shit tons of damage. You! Stand around and heal!" Well, some trinity systems aren't entirely like that, most are just as monotonous.

Adding in a fourth archetype will, in my opinion, be a refreshing change. It will be forming parties based on classes AND/OR (this is important) forming your parties strategy around the classes you have.

Though I haven't played the game yet :( 
    So take what I said with a grain of salt!
    -Trayo
  • Im happy as long as theres no "i can swap between any class" system.
    As a raiding guildleader, that system creates tons of problems when everyone wants to be DPS after a while.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    Rwraith said:

The video is really long and goes over why people play solo and what game designers can do to cater to this while not compromising the group experience etc.

• Well I think classes should be able to heal themselves to a certain degree. But a group that has a healer should always be alot stronger than a group that doesnt has a healer.
  • Lufia said:
    Im happy as long as theres no "i can swap between any class" system.
    As a raiding guildleader, that system creates tons of problems when everyone wants to be DPS after a while.
    Your secondary class can be changed, but that only adjusts your playstyle a little.  Your main class/archetype (and your race) are set from the start and can never change.  So at best you can change between being a little bit more DPS, or a little bit more survivable, or having a little bit more utility, etc.
  • matze said:
    I love the Idea of a Holy Trinity System with a Tank,Mage and Healer that is fully dedicated to healing. Will this be the case in this game or will it be like: we have no healer -> ezpz i will heal myself im a strong independent character?
    We still don't know in the end how secondary classes will influence primary. Although you could be a tank, with cleric as your secondary this may result in simply a tank that regenerates a little faster, but doesn't have a self heal or anything. 

Id expect to see more exact information on secondary classes mixed with primary by Alpha 1 Phase 2 aka Alpha 1, or Alpha 2. 

As steven said a few months ago in a Q&A that any primary mixed with summoner as a secondary will result in a weapon of the given class as an animated summon pet unequipable though at this time in discussions. 

We've also heard of fighter mixed with certian classes will have drastic class changes like going from a weapon based fighter to a melee fist fighter with light armor design. 

This said it will be easier to see a full picture of your future when we get a little further into testing. 
  • Lufia said:
    Im happy as long as theres no "i can swap between any class" system.
    If everyone wants to be dps then your game design is crap. All roles should be fun.
  • Rwraith said:

-Horizon Zero Dawn
    -Skyrim
    -Fallout 4
    -Uncharted
    -Last of Us
    Massive multiplayer. Just means a whole bunch of people sharing the same world. Real life is a type of mmo  where we all share the same world. Doesn't mean we have to group together to share its content. Would suck if when you walked out your front door you had to group together like a bunch of anchovy.
  • Rwraith said:
    Rwraith said:

-Horizon Zero Dawn
    -Skyrim
    -Fallout 4
    -Uncharted
    -Last of Us
    Massive multiplayer. Just means a whole bunch of people sharing the same world. Real life is a type of mmo  where we all share the same world. Doesn't mean we have to group together to share its content. Would suck if when you walked out your front door you had to group together like a bunch of anchovy.
    LMAO! I didn't actually think someone would give me a serious answer since I was being a sarcastic asshat, but thanks for the answer :)

All jokes aside, I stick by the point I was trying to make. If you start playing an mmo with the intent to ONLY solo play, then don't waste your time with that game because an MMO is not, AND should not, be made for solo play.

There are a couple games that have some solo content that does not directly affect the team content and the first two that come to mind are Neverwinter and Tera.