Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

UPDATED DATE: Official Livestream - Wednesday, October 31st at 1pm PDT - Q&A thread

Comments

• Can you talk more about Caravans?  

Specifically the difference between Node Launched Caravans and Personal Caravans?

• Can you give us more detail on particle effects on weapons? Do they glow only when you activate them or do the more powerful ones glow permanently?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    In what ways can the Environment react to Nodes? We know that a dragon or dungeon may appear under certain circumstances. But will monsters or their encampments/nests/lairs level with the node? Lets say a birdperson-tribe may become a birdperson-fortress when the node levels up?

Update: Maybe we will see this in Nodes Part 3?
  • Can you please give us more lore or failing that info on the summoner 
  • How are you guys envisioning the taming mechanics to playout? Is it a Life skill that requires experience the more we tame to level and no need of skill points

I was imagining special ropes, foods, and needing certain level of taming and combat level to acquire certain creatures..maybe?

Thanks much love to the team!
    edited October 2018
    In most MMORPG's you have progression tiers to get items and armor. Typically it's Raid gear is better than group, and group gear is better than solo gear. My question is with such an emphasis on PvP in this game will there be any type of gear that can be earned by doing sieges, caravan raids and just killing other players in general? Such as earning points or another type of system that can be exchanged for pvp gear or by just getting special materials as drops? 
    edited October 2018
    1) Could you go more into depth on the emblem creation? Will we be able to create a full heraldic achievement (coat of arms)?

2) Are there astrological phenomenon that actively effect the world?

3) With player-writen books in the game, will they be considered Intrepid's intellectual property?

edited October 2018
    Do you have any plans to keep the BR mode in game or making a separate game out of it like Fortnite ? (please dont)

When do you plan to implement the account/forum name change ?
  • Hello, 

Is  Parkour / Movement is still a think in ashes , as in the trailer we was seeing a ninja/ranger doing some parkour in game and climbing a castle wall . Are we going to experience that ?

Thanks.
    edited October 2018
    It was asexual awareness week last week and it's transgender awareness week in November. What will you be doing for lgbta+ representation in ashes more than just same sex marriage?

Like a witch sends you on a quest to gather ingredients for a potion to give him a male body or something for trans representation.
  • How deep does the line between your primary archetype and your secondary plan to go? Can a Fighter primary with a tank secondary, for example, choose to augment in such a way to be able to tank dungeons? Raids?

As a tank in other MMOs I would usually have to respec to be useful in PvP, and then back to PvE.

Thanks for taking questions!
  • Is there any kind of stealth system (like rogues) and how does it work?
  • Is there any kind of stealth system (like rogues) and how does it work?
    There's already stealth in the game? It's in the alpha of that's what your asking
    edited October 2018
    The question of @Alithinos above makes me think of something. Since PVP and PVE are not really separate, have you planned that we have to reshape our builds according to the activities or it will be possible to be viable in PVX without being (too) average?

I know that it is a question of class balance and that you may not have reached that point yet, but it is also a question of development direction.

By the way, I'm glad that the live is at 1PM PDT (10PM for me). I will be able to see it ! So thanks again :smiley:

• Will the A1-Phase 1 Arena modes be open during Phase 2/A2 and beyond? If so will they remain open to all registered users or simply to A1 backers? I ask this for clarification due to this statement from discord -  "This phase is a bonus phase of development and we will run the arena during development and post launch as a matchmaking mode of Ashes" - Steven
  • beyond89 said:
    Hello, 

Is  Parkour / Movement is still a think in ashes , as in the trailer we was seeing a ninja/ranger doing some parkour in game and climbing a castle wall . Are we going to experience that ?

Thanks.
    They stated that there will be some semblance of Parkour in the game, however not everything will be climbable, what you saw in the trailer will be a thing.
    edited October 2018
    Duplicate delete
    edited October 2018
    Will everyone be able to get a freehold spot or will that be contested? also with every bit of land inside each ZOI taken. will there be any space left for wilderness?
    edited October 2018
    In the battle royal stress tests, we got to see moving corruption zones of influence. What role will these corruption zone assets play in the future?
  • Any update on getting a CM?

• Will there be multiple support roles outside of just healer, buffer, tank?  Will we see any Subclass skills that benefit your party as far as buffs go?(you played Lineage2, I'm talking sword singer, blade dancer type classes)  Having group sizing up to 8 with a 64 class combo system leaves lots of possibilities.  Or will we just see groups of 6 dps with a healer and bard?
  • When can we expect to see a demo of character customisation?
  • -What's your philosophy about professions? As a long time WoW player, I seriously miss the days of having a meaningful trade skill.

-How confident are you with a progression system at end game level? If the players can change the positive direction of the game, will they'll be a fail safe way to keep the population or game as a whole moving forward?
  • Hello. -Will classes(combinations of archetypes) could get REALLY specific unique passive skills, lore, combat mechanics, unique bonuses from stats and equipment (like certain classes in DnD games) ... or they are just morphs sets?
  • Hey Intrepid! <3 
    I've always loved the aesthetic and fantasy of "spellswords," one-handed sword and spell in the off hand. In most games though it seems it is optimal to fill your weapon slots with either two-handed weapons, sword and shield, or dual-wielding, usually due to extra stats or dps from the items. 

- In Ashes, will there be viability to use a single one-handed weapon, without sacrificing optimization from extra items' stats? 

- Alternatively, will we be able to equip things like a spellbook in our off-hand?

Thanks all, keep up the good work!
  • When speaking of the holy trinity, will we see other classes besides the cleric filling the role of healer or tank filling the role of main tank? I understand that clerics and tanks will be able to build in such a way that they are dps and not their primary role, but will we see bards healing and fighters tanking or will 2 of the primary classes be reserved as healer/tank and the other 6 dps?
    edited October 2018
    Will there be a unique, one of a kind, role per Religion, for example like "pope" or "apostle"? 
    Similarly to how Nodes, per Node, has Mayor as a one of a kind unique role?

• In almost every MMO I have played while playing a healer part of my role in difficult content means I have to dps as well. This is both due to needing as much DPS output on the boss as possible and the simple fact that the better your group performs (or higher gear level) the less healing you need to do.

While I don't have a problem with the concept of increasing dps on the boss, spending time as a healer casting offensively seems off to me. Can you tell us how you envision a pure healer functioning in Ashes, particularly in the more difficult PvE content.
  • The NPCs that e hire to protect our freeholds etc. can you make it possible to customize them, like give them a name, customize their appearance and/or assign skills/abilities?
    edited October 2018
    Are the non-combat skills/professions (gathering/crafting/processing) going to have items/gear for some kind of meaningful gearing path/progression, such as gear that raises success chance needed for particularly difficult recipes or perhaps gloves that increase gathering yield, etc?

Example; I need a set of basic weaponsmith gear to make a regular sword, but then i specialize and level swordsmithing to the point where I can make really good swords.  So then I need to get a set of better gear to efficiently make those.  Eventually reaching some kind of crafting end game where I would need some really fancy, hard to obtain gear in order to finally craft the mythical Sword of Jeff.
This discussion has been closed.