Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Saltnp3p Signing in

How do Ladies and Gentlemen. Ex 10 year deep WOW player here coming back to try a mmo for the first time since leaving WOW 3 years ago, Can't wait to get involved in this game! looking forward to content creating on Twitch for you all when the time comes! been great getting to know others in the community on External sites, time to get to know you guys in here!

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    I'm excited like you, but also a bit nervous. But It's Alright. These guys at Intrepid are Big Shots that are going to Do Me Right. R U Ready for them to complete their game and Push It onto the world? I'm so excited I could Twist and Shout. Get Up Everybody and Hold On to your Hype! I Am Down to Say Ooh

Edit: Welcome to the forums and the community!
  • Welcome aboard!
  • Hi! My name is Frank. I like riding my bicycle, being organic, and eating chocolate protein bars. My favorite Netflix shows at the moment are Atypical, Ozark, Cable Girls, and Daredevil and Jessica Jones. I'm a fan of excellent writing. 

I'm not a fan of combat because I've been playing video games since I was 12 years old and I've killed so many people I'm tired of killing. I'm looking for a game where I can do something other than killing. Something with beautiful graphics and an excellent story.

I come from the world of console gaming. I ran my own gaming social network between 2007-2011 which had over 50,000 members called PSNFriends.com. It was dedicated to Playstation 3. When the PS4 was released and Sony bricked my console I walked away. I also hated my hosting company so that wasn't the only reason for leaving. It was a lot of things. I also stopped playing video games around that time. I haven't played anything in 5 or 6 years.

Now, I am trying out PC games because of the diversity of games. I feel I have a better chance to find something that isn't just killing here. In Ashes of Creation the combat is part of the story, not the primary focus. I like that. It's part of the world we live in. We need to defend our caravans and nodes, but we don't need to attack other nodes or fight in the arena if we don't want to fight. We can live an ordinary life, only fighting when needed. That's a very realistic way of portraying the dark ages I think. 
  • Welcome to Ashes :>
  • sunfrog said:
    My favorite Netflix shows at the moment are Atypical, Ozark, Cable Girls, and Daredevil and Jessica Jones.
    I recommend Altered Carbon if you are into Sci-Fi
  • Thanks guys and girls, some great reads there! when i have some time, Ill properly have a sift through this forum, never really been a forum guy. However now i think is the time, fresh start for a brand new game im very exited to play 
  • Greetings from Oceania and welcome to Ashes of Creation!!!
  • Welcome to Ashes!!!
  • I might be too old but I just don't get Twitch. I've watched a few Twitch streams for games I can't play yet, like Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen for example, but I don't see why I'd watch someone else play a game I could be playing?
  • welcome to Ashes @Saltnp3p whats the biggest reason why Ashes is pulling you in? As a fellow player who wrote mmo's off I think its that finally we have a developer thats looking at things from our persective. Also if you do twitch link it to me, I love to keep track of our streamers

• Welcome to the community, Saltnp3p! I hope this is the MMO that will make you glad you came back. I suspect that it is. :)