Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Bards May be Over Rated for Grouping (by a lot)

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited October 2018 in Ashes of Creation Design

The most popular class: The Bard.  Now enchanters and mezzers are gone: Embodied in the Bard.  Everyone want’s to be the popular bard and the best of all worlds.  Buffers with manna and speed yet utilitarian and a side fighter.  You might consider a spell caster and dump the bard as the be all.  You are amplifying the letdown. I want to be a bard.  Yet my experience says the glut of the bard class means we won’t play a lot in groups.  Thus, only the UBER minstrel will get an invite.  As a future Nikua, I thought of the echolalia, but now it’s down to warrior or shaman. Good luck.  Skaff.

Nota Bene. My recommendation is to make a Bard extremely hard to level or gain attributes.  Although this was tried with Everquest, my opinion is it was so popular, folks still overcame the handicap.  Yet, it is a prudent measure. Skaff.

Necromancer was the DPS king and the chanter was the after thought (like a fart in the wind).

Comments