Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Quality of Life

I was playing a bridge mmo to AoC and I was running through town with my Cloud Strife inspired Claymore out and about.  Pass players, npcs, and city guards nobody ran in terror, took out their weapons, or even looked my way.  Would it be so hard for a guard to stop me and fine me maybe 100 gold for lazy and stupid?  

I don't use mounts much because I forget to improve my riding skill or keep wasting money for a better mount that I'm not thinking about.  I have an idea that the feed you give your mount should improve their speed and stamina.  I admit this might be hard to implement and create more problems then it alleviates.

I'd like to kill a mob, take what I want from the drop and move on, if I leave something behind let another player pick it up.

Comments

• We have no information as yet on what actions will trigger guards, just that they will have things they don't like that will cause reactions from them.

Mounts will gain characteristics from the Husbandry tree, also not a whole lot of details yet, but we do know that various mounts will have different speeds based on terrain type and breeding results. So far no feed em to make em better mechanic outlined.

They have said that dead bodies and mobs will not be long-term persistent and that you won't be able to drop stuff on the ground for others to pick up. This has nothing to do with personal preference but more of a server load issue according to Jeffrey in a livestream from summer 2017.
  • I remember in Lineage2 that drops would stay on the ground until the next server restart.   It was fun to find stuff but it was also an immense load on the server, there would be tens of thousands (or more) little piles of adena (currency).

• L2 eventually changed this, for several reasons, but one of them was to reduce the server load. I believe it ended up being like a 10 min timer.
  • Quality of life....eh as long as I'm not forced to eat and sleep I'm ok with anything really.
  • Quality of life....eh as long as I'm not forced to eat and sleep I'm ok with anything really.
    They have said no survival mechanics a few times. Food/drink will be buff based. What isn't known is like some other mmos where food/drink buff is essential to be effective/balanced.
  • Lusiphur said:

"I'd like to kill a mob, take what I want from the drop and move on, if I leave something behind let another player pick it up."
    Metin2 had a system like this, well a similar system that worked pretty well. The Items you dropped had your name written above it. So only you (or party members if you had one) could take them and it would appear in you inventory. If you waited 30 seconds, your name disappeared and other players could take the item and if nobody took the item it disappeared after around 3 minutes I think.
    They have said no survival mechanics a few times. Food/drink will be buff based. What isn't known is like some other mmos where food/drink buff is essential to be effective/balanced.
    If that's the case then it most likely will be essential if every player needs that extra edge, even if it's just a few points of whatever. 

On the other note: before shared banking and no-trade became a thing, people used to do it all the time in Everquest 1. I think there may have been a timer on dropped items before they disappear, can't say for sure, but wandering NPC's could pickup said items if you weren't careful.
  • Roecky said:
    Lusiphur said:

"I'd like to kill a mob, take what I want from the drop and move on, if I leave something behind let another player pick it up."
    Metin2 had a system like this, well a similar system that worked pretty well. The Items you dropped had your name written above it. So only you (or party members if you had one) could take them and it would appear in you inventory. If you waited 30 seconds, your name disappeared and other players could take the item and if nobody took the item it disappeared after around 3 minutes I think.
    Many MMOs did this, including Kal online, Mu online. Items were able to be picked up only by the last hitter, and after a certain ammount of time (usually 30s), the item was able to be picked up by anyone. And after like 10-30 seconds (time set by devs), the item would disappear.
    Not sure in today's MMOs specially 3rd person or first person.