Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Red Orcs Are Just Hob Goblins Change My Mind!

What made you want red to be the orc color? What are your thoughts on being one of the first MMOs to have playable Hob Goblins instead of Orcs? Is it pride? IS IT PRIDE THAT STABS MY HEART?! :wink:

Seriously though honestly your art so far has shown a sorta Japanese style orc, almost an oni or Japanese ogre and I think Hob Goblins are shown with sort of Mongol influenced armor, so its kinda in the ball park.

Personally I'm curious.

Comments

• I am not going to go dig up the livestream, someone else can do that, but they have said that there will be a color range on orcs, they will not be one general color. Think it was at/around the same time that Steven confirmed no dark elves/drow options.
  • On the topic of AoC Orcs, I was just reading the Wiki for the Kaivek and noticed something a bit odd. The possibility of navigation on the open seas as a racial trait was included as a bullet underneath the Kaivek's confirmed proclivity towards astrology. This was based off a bit from the live stream where someone asked if them being astrologists would help them in that regard.

The answer was pretty vague, basically a very general maybe, and for good reason - Astrology is the study of the movements and positions of celestial bodies in order to interpret information relevant to mortal affairs. Astronomy is what would be useful to navigation.

So it looks like seafaring Orcs (Hobgoblins, if it makes you happy ;) ), aren't necessarily a thing - not that this is related in any way whatsoever to the original topic. Other than the Orc part, obviously :p
  • Oh neat I didn't know they could be different colors.
  • So pink orcs are a thing ? can we create the teletubbies in AoC ?
  • the only good green/red skin is a one turned to ashes 

• Nagash I'm thinking of going summoner too, but maybe I'll try warlock flavor. :P
  • Zomnivore said:
    Nagash I'm thinking of going summoner too, but maybe I'll try warlock flavor. :P
    just keep your hands off my crown of sorcery green skin
  • What color was your skin @nagash? You know, back when you had some.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    Ravnodaus said:
    What color was your skin @nagash? You know, back when you had some.
    Black obviously. LIKE HIS COLD UNBEATING HEART! MUHAHAHAHAHA
  • Damokles said:
    Ravnodaus said:
    What color was your skin @nagash? You know, back when you had some.
    Black obviously. LIKE HIS COLD UNBEATING HEART! MUHAHAHAHAHA
    This is me back in my days on verra
  • Those where the glorious dayes of old ;D
  • Damokles said:
    Those where the glorious dayes of old ;D
    a lot's changed since then 
  • You weren't deadified by a guy named Leonidas II ?
  • Zomnivore said:
    You weren't deadified by a guy named Leonidas II ?
    My first "death" was at the hands of Alcadizaar 
  • Bless you.