Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

PK

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited November 2018 in The Newly Arrived
Greetings! 
I want to ask simple question - what is written on aocwiki about pk - true? All things about decreases? We with clan played L2 as PK characters. All my life in MMO I played like a bandit, but how I can continue my way if decreases crazy as in BDO?

Edit: is there any chance that the system will change during the tests? What do you think?

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    Well, it depends on what you read. If you are talking about killing random players that are not marked for combat then yes that will decrease your stats, and the devs have said many times they will not change this. 

P.s if this turns into another pvp thread im killing every ork I see
  • Welcome to Ashes .w. as for the pvp right now it's exactly how the wiki describes, if any changes will be made it will probably be small tweaks done during testing.
  • I appreciate your answers, thanks!
    Then any chance to be a bandit :) Any suggestions?
  • Well you can but be prepared to get fucked hard, I mean a bandit will probably be a corrupted player that means that they are treated like monsters by the system and bounty hunters will go after you, unless you only attack combatants. So yes it is possible to be a bandit but depending on who you target you might be getting in some deep shit but that comes with the profession I guess .w.
    edited November 2018
    you can raid caravans without any harm done but that pretty much it im afriad 
  • nagash said:
    you can raid caravans without any harm done but that pirty much it im afriad 
    well you can rob players by killing them etc. so it's kind of possible to be a bandit .w.
  • nagash said:

Sounds nice! I dont so much about game, but i loved concept, will read more info about caravans.

well you can rob players by killing them etc. so it's kind of possible to be a bandit .w.
    If green players will drop smth on death it would be the best gift :)
  • Greetings from Oceania and welcome to Ashes of Creation!!!
  • AlterCunt said:
    nagash said:

Sounds nice! I dont so much about game, but i loved concept, will read more info about caravans.

Well there are a few ways you can remove corruption but these are long and arduous
  • nagash said:
    AlterCunt said:
    nagash said:

Well there are a few ways you can remove corruption but these are long and arduous
    Yeah I know, thanks. Just in L2 we always played as pk. From 40-85
  • What are the chances the system will change?

Other than maybe a slight tweak that seems to be accepted by the majority of debaters, you won't be seeing this system go away.

PKing is not intended as a mainstream play style.   

edited November 2018
    AlterCunt said:
    I appreciate your answers, thanks!
    Then any chance to be a bandit :) Any suggestions?

Here is your answer with no need to read any further :smiley:

Yes, you can be a bandit.

Now the question is what kinds of repercussions can you expect? That is the main issue here. Now to address your issue, it does not matter. You can run around and be El Bandito all you want. It is up to you whether you can handle the consequences or not. :wink:

Lose stats? Doesn't matter, got to be a bandit.
    Bounty Hunters chasing you? Does't matter, got to be a bandit.
    King Frank of Uber Woods sending a legion out after you? Doesn't matter, got to be a bandit.

Honestly, that just adds some flavor to it. Actually sounds fun.. hmm.. King Frank is a jackass anyway. After you escape his legion, you should get behind them and go sneak up on King Frank and take his butt out!
  • Yeah, being a bandit is totally going to be possible. Some things will be harder, or more painful... but totally doable!
  • Anyway better then being system slave :)
  • nagash said:
    AlterCunt said:
    nagash said:

Yeah I know, thanks. Just in L2 we always played as pk. Started when get 2nd profession(40 lvl), maximum 85. Farm/sieges/fortress/raids as pk.
  • Welcome to the community :mrgreen:
  • Welcome to Ashes!!!  I do not think the corruption mechanic is going anywhere.
  • AlterCunt said:
    Anyway better then being system slave :)
    I like your style!  B)
  • I agree with a small penalty to the PK, but only when they abuse low levels or repeatedly kill the same player.

Altercunt, I encourage being a bandit, after all, monster or player, death always lurks!
  • I agree with a small penalty to the PK, but only when they abuse low levels or repeatedly kill the same player.

Altercunt, I encourage being a bandit, after all, monster or player, death always lurks!
    more than you think