Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Former LOTRO player

I stopped playing LOTRO several years ago due to a bit of burnout and a drop in the population. Since then, I check every so often to see if there is anything as interesting to me in the MMORPG universe. I ran across Ashes of Creation several months ago and it sparked my interest. Everything I am seeing in Ashes is exactly what I have been looking for for several years! I can honestly say that I am excited about a new game again! I am looking forward to playing Ashes of Creation!

Comments

• Welcome to the community!
  • Welcome I am also one of those that is also excited about AOC being an old school mmorpg player back in the Dark Sun Crismon sands days :P played on the TEN Network which most people have no clue what that was unless your in your mid 30's
  • Welcome I am also one of those that is also excited about AOC being an old school mmorpg player back in the Dark Sun Crismon sands days :P played on the TEN Network which most people have no clue what that was unless your in your mid 30's
    I was in my mid-30s about 20 years ago. lol
  • Welcome to ashes @GrizzlyViking and I must say that is a fearsome avatar ^^
  • Welcome to Ashes 'w'
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018

• Welcome fellow traveler. 

• I am an old LotRO player as well, I remember when Mines of Moria was released.  I have yet to play a game that so immersed me in its world.  I fell in love with the Shire, simple quests delivering mail or running around to drink beer.  And then later going toe-to-toe with a Balrog or dragon.  I’m hoping AoC can provide a similar experience.
  • Atama said:
    I am an old LotRO player as well, I remember when Mines of Moria was released.  I have yet to play a game that so immersed me in its world.  I fell in love with the Shire, simple quests delivering mail or running around to drink beer.  And then later going toe-to-toe with a Balrog or dragon.  I’m hoping AoC can provide a similar experience.
    I really hope that IS will implement a Balrog-look-alike as an raid boss. That would be sooooooooooooo cool! xD
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    My apologies for setting my signature to something that has clearly offended some folks. That was not my intention as it is simply something I live by every day. Therefore, I have changed my signature to something I think most everyone can agree on. I hope  you will find it in your hearts to forgive me.

Sincerely,
    ~Grizz
  • My apologies for setting my signature to something that has clearly offended some folks. That was not my intention as it is simply something I live by every day. Therefore, I have changed my signature to something I think most everyone can agree on. I hope  you will find it in your hearts to forgive me.

Sincerely,
    ~Grizz
    The problem was, that we couldnt see that it was you signature. We thought it was your comment...
  • I have a lifetime sub for LOTRO so I still play it, even 11.5 years after release.  Still a great game to play.  Still plenty of activity in LOTRO right now, especially since they started two legendary servers that cap at lvl 50 and lvl 50 content.

I did back this with a bit of cash because I believe it'll be an excellent game as well.  I look forward to us getting to the actual game play very soon.

Welcome!