Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

My dream MMO (i hope AOC will be like this in the future)

2»

Comments

• NeuroGuy said:
    NeuroGuy said:
    hmmmmmmmm. i dont know why there are three, this is outside calculations.
    We... we gotta go back Morty, there is no time to explain!
    maybe we can find a dimension exactly like this one, just a year or so behind. that way we can get KS stuff.
    This is.. blurrrrpp... this is why I pick the adventures Morty. You're thinking too small, too small Morty! We need to go into the future Morty, to when ashes is released! You want to go back for skins? You know what I want you to do Morty? You know what I want you to do with those skins? I want you to take those skins and put them wayyyyyy up inside your butthole, as far as they can fit, could you do that for granpa Rick? The nodes Morty, we gotta get to the nodes!
    but cyberpunk 2077 is probably going to come out then, im trying to think of a plan so i can play both without losing out on ashes. i need to start the grind for ashes once it comes out, time cant be wasted. maybe you can make something that can cause people me to do two different things at once, without it being a different morty doing it.
  • No need to link a thread I think 'w'
  • No need to link a thread I think 'w'
  • This seems like it's taken straight out of a Japanese novel about some reincarnation or in-game transportation....like very similar maybe it's just me though 'w'
  • mobile application and web interface allows players who are not logged into the game to have authority over certain services and mechanics.[1][2] Some functionality may come post-launch.[3]

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mobile/web_interface

if this becomes a properly implemented thing ill be so happy.
    I NEED THE FISHING MINIGAME! xD
    The things said there sound pretty nice.
  • @Damokles
    how to reduce player downtime with intrepid studios. seriously tho, if they make an app for this stuff id be on it so often. it would allow me to go off and play something else for a little bit but maintain a bit of my gold income.
  • This seems like it's taken straight out of a Japanese novel about some reincarnation or in-game transportation....like very similar maybe it's just me though 'w'
    To be honest i don't mind most of what the original poster mentioned but its pretty clear that his entire post is based of "The Legendary Moonlight SculptorManga or Manhua whatever you want to call it. I don't really blame him either. It's a pretty dope story about some dude playing VRMMO just to make money irl (hence the global auction house thing).I'm still waiting for the third season or chapter of the manga myself. It's been on hiatus for like a year now. 
  • @AutumnLeaf , @VoidShadow is right ,this is based on the light novel "the legendary moonlight sculptor" i really like the skill system of it. Its sick and totally new to mmo's. It has more similar things also like nodes, caravan and siege.
  • @AutumnLeaf its a mistake, no delete option and it has the same content thats why i just linked it xD 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    To be serious, most of the game systems in those chinese/korean MMORPG novels are pretty cool, and seem really interesting. 
    Most of the time they seem like the perfect combination of World of Warcraft Retail, Skyrim and some other MMORPG systems.
    Some I can recommend are: Zhan Long, The New World, Reincarnation of the strongest sword god, Virtual World: Close Combat Mage and MMORPG: Rebirth of the Legendary Guardian. They are all mostly the same from a story standpoint (Except The new world and VW). 
    A person reincarnates into his younger body after he got somehow betrayed by his closest friend/lost the love of his life and starts to cheat with his better understanding of the game, its mechanics and how to get the best items. Pretty funny and like i said: The actual game system all look pretty interesting.

Or you can just look here: 
    https://www.novelupdates.com/stag/mmorpg/?st=1&col=2,3,4&sort=trank&order=asc

Best is to sort by Rating.
  •          I can't stress this enough. Literally. MMo's die because of two things.

People not having fun & People not having anything to do

Make profesions actually mean something. Give people a massive sense of worth when they grind for two weeks. Make professions make good money. 

Make each profession in some way shape or form require other professions from time to time. It's an MMO, people HAVE to have to trade/use the AH from time to time. 

Make tons of professions. Make them have personal quests and lore and awesome end game items that make the whole thing worthwhile. 

Basically what i'm saying is to make food worth more than a temporary buff to your stats. Maybe make some food give gathering buffs or exp buffs. (makes trading go crazy)

• Zaczac271 said:
    @AutumnLeaf , @VoidShadow is right ,this is based on the light novel "the legendary moonlight sculptor" i really like the skill system of it. Its sick and totally new to mmo's. It has more similar things also like nodes, caravan and siege.
    Ah that explains it, most light novels whether Japanese or Chinese tend to have a similar vibe to them.
  • @BrubbyMan it would be great if they will add hunger system :3 and food should have expirations, if you wont eat the cooked food it will be spoiled.
  • @Zaczac271
    We should have a main cooking profession ;D
    Imagine opening your own tavern!
    (Would be awesome if we could actually open a tavern and it would give players that rest a certain amount of time inside a nice buff or something!)
  • Damokles said:
    @Zaczac271
    We should have a main cooking profession ;D
    Imagine opening your own tavern!
    (Would be awesome if we could actually open a tavern and it would give players that rest a certain amount of time inside a nice buff or something!)
    You are in luck. Ashes will have a cooking type profession and it will give the ability for players to run taverns. 
  • Zaczac271 said:
    @BrubbyMan it would be great if they will add hunger system :3 and food should have expirations, if you wont eat the cooked food it will be spoiled.
    I completely disagree with a hunger system and am glad that there has been no such talk by Intrepid for such a thing. It gets tiresome and boring after a while having such a system in my opinion. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018

I personally hope this isn't included as I can't spot where the fun is located.

Having said that, who hasn't spent days grinding things that aren't fun, just for some obscure title / achievement.

So, compromise, if you want to take it on, you can get an applied 'satiated -> hungry -> starving'  effect that disappears when you eat, after x hours / days you get something irrelevant, like a dwarvish war belch emote.

Throw in a couple more pointless minor achievements, like taking a bath, and you're well on the way to being a 'nugatory noble'.

All hail to the prince(ss) of the petty!  *cheers*

• Sintu said:
    Zaczac271 said:
    @BrubbyMan it would be great if they will add hunger system :3 and food should have expirations, if you wont eat the cooked food it will be spoiled.
    I completely disagree with a hunger system and am glad that there has been no such talk by Intrepid for such a thing. It gets tiresome and boring after a while having such a system in my opinion. 
    There has been talk, as in confirmation that they won’t have a hunger system or other such “survival” mechanics.

•           I think my point maybe was a little vague, to which i apologize, I get a little giddy about MMO's they've been my main thing for about ten years now. 

What I meant was grinding for leverage, not grinding from point A-B. As in, "Whoa man, now that I can finally use this super high level skinning knife, I can skin 'spirit animal' pelt which a super high tier crafting ingredient which is hard to find, and takes a long time to be able to gather".
            Once you're at this point, you don't have to continuously grind from heeeeeere to theeeeeeere. Now you're grinding at a different level, making your specific character different from others, helping you stand out and recognizing your achievements. also rewarding because that 'ingredient' sells for a lot, and not everyone can gather it. Make it difficult to get there, but once you are...
  • Jokuc said:
    Exactly. This is one of the best things about the game, but at the same time one of the most risky things.

The game will feature markets which players can create themselves and sell what they want for the price they want. So prices and items are going to vary for each city, some items or materials may be more common in a certain area of the map - meaning that you'll have to travel to nodes around that area to purchase it for a cheaper price.
    Calling this feature "one of the best things about the game" isn't really a smart thing.

Sure it adds depth, but it ain't a casual friendly design which will apply a negative multiplier on the potential player base.

Also depends on implementation it may even destroy the whole economy.
    We don't know much about it, but the servers will be rather small with 10k cap. That already heavily lowers the size of market. Fragmenting it even more can be dangerous. If there will be less than 10 market worldwide, it can work. But having like 50+ separate market will cause most of them becoming ghost town, and so you couldn't use it to trade in the wast majority of the world.

Anyway, with such design it's certain that there will be few (1-3) which ends up being the main trade places, and every other will be empty, dead, or only having the most minimal amount of thing, with rather irreal prices.
    Yeah, that also will mean that most player will live in this zone, or near it.
  • @akmaa
    You realize the 10k server population is stated to be the goal of concurrent players per server?
    So even if you have 50 seperate markets there can still be 200 concurrent (online) players per market. Thats means there are even more offline players per market.

And don´t forget: If only one metropolis is a economic node then approx. 25% of the world will be one market.

Also due to progression capping of nodes in the ZOI of other nodes i don´t think we will have 50+ markets. Because marketplaces unlock at Stage 3 (village) of economic node. Maybe marketplaces unlock only in stage 4/5 for the other nodetypes?
    But that is just speculation because we don´t know enough about the ZOI progression capping and about marketplaces. 50+ marketplaces seems just very high to me.