Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Are you still looking forward to Ashes of Creation Yes/No/A little less

Two years have passed, how do you feel? 

Comments

• Can't get here soon enough.

Just hope the next live stream happens soon and we get some new information. Seems like I get out of bed and mentally cross one more day off the wait assuming an on-time release as the weeks and months slowly trickle by.
    But the start of alpha 1 in Q2 next year has me hyped, just hope its early Q2. 
  • I still feel the same about ashes as I did when I backed the game but I do want to see the mmo more than the BR. I think when alpha 2 come out is when I will be playing no stop but the BR is just not my cup of tea. 
  • Still looking forward to it, and hoping it all works out in the end.
    ^^
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    Following MMOs that never come out is what i do. If this actually comes out then i will be more then happy.
  • I'm not thrilled about the current testing phase, but I'm still greatly looking forward to Ashes coming out.
  • I only check when there is a live stream once a month but other than that not focusing on what's going on too much. To be honest I should have picked the: a little less option. But now is too late.
  • The BR sucks but I’m just as excited as I was because the BR is something I don’t have to touch with a 200’ pole and they’re not behind in development.  I’ve seen nothing to convince me that the MMO won’t be as promised or won’t come out on time (or at all).
  • I backed the game thinking it was more advanced than it was so i'm in the lull and wait for Alpha 2. This hasn't dampened my spirits but i have experienced a lack of information which i wait patiently for.
  • Just to be clear. My "No" isn't my answer to the question, but rather my refusal to answer it.
  • Karthos said:
    Just to be clear. My "No" isn't my answer to the question, but rather my refusal to answer it.
    The legend is back ^^
  • Yes...

...provided they don't pull an Everquest Next and say, "We're turning the Battle Royale mode into it's own, complete game!"

Been burned one too many times to believe that trying to develop two games at once will have any sort of positive effect on the MMO, which is the only game I backed.
  • Well Smash ultimate comes out in 2 weeks. Still waiting for ashes but i'll have something to do at leasst
  • Not at all a fan of BR. Oh well. Because of this it is hard for me to assist in alpha. Will be waiting and seeing what is next. I still think this game is going to be cool when its done though. 
  • Just waiting patiently for more of the mmo side of testing to come forward. 
  • Honestly, this should have been a yes, but hey I don't really want to wait any longer. ;)  
  • The Battle royal system is fine for network and authentication server testing but as a game it proves nothing. I want to see a version of the MMORPG as a very early supporter with some flesh on its bones. May the battle royal system sleep quietly in the past forever.
  • I've gone right through excited, bounced off angry and disillusioned and am now back having arrived at 'realistic'.

It's still looking like the best that will be coming out anytime soon, but I just wish that the promises made / plan laid out to the customers,  are reviewed a long time before release.

Ie, if you push a product stating that you know from player perspective, how bad poor communication is from devs.

Don't then fail to even send out stock email responses to emails that players have taken personal time to put together, that's just rude.

Definitely try not to take the p*ss over your players names whilst streaming.

Yes Steven, don't think I missed that Yavily / Genevieve slip. 

It probably was coincidence, after all its a common name and I'm sure that you had other dealings with Gennas in the few days after I sent a polite friendly note, encouraged by your aim to be 'open' to players, suggesting that you might wish to challenge any pre held beliefs about taverns being the b all and end all of roleplay.

But even with ALL of my personal issues with the way this game will end up, I'm still hopeful it'll be better than the current competition.

• In short-Yes

Recent years and the early "hype" of new games in progress have created unreal expectations of when titles can be expected to actually go live.

More patience than ever is required for these Indie projects are getting hyped up earlier and earlier than in the past.

• Yes still hopeful but less enthusiastic. 

There's been a shift in the community and with the team that feels more how a AAA studio caters to their player base. 

Still no official CM
     content creators aren't being moderated for accuracy
    Discord still a mess
    Apocalypse has some people on edge about trusting IS

We saw some of this coming, let's just be honest but for those still in the race we will see if our hype, time and cash were worth it.  2019 is approaching quickly. 

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    makinoji said:
    Yes still hopeful but less enthusiastic. 

There's been a shift in the community and with the team that feels more how a AAA studio caters to their player base. 

Still no official CM
    Discord still a mess

We saw some of this coming, let's just be honest but for those still in the race we will see if our hype, time and cash were worth it.  2019 is approaching quickly. 

I've about all but left the Discord because people were taking Discord drama into real life with stalking and harassment. And not only is that pathetic, but I just don't have time for that shit.

I feel a CM and possibly a few full time community mods might help there for sure. 
  • At this point, I only really see discord as a method of getting alerts about up coming testing phases and live streams.  I've muted every channel except the news channels.
  • A little less...

I never saw this BR coming. It does nothing to excite me.

I'm also starting to feel like this game is going to miss its expected release date. I'm a long time software engineer (25 years) and I've experienced the phenomenon of being way ahead of schedule in the early stages of a project. It can make you over confident and lead to inaccurate estimates.

See the "Ninety-ninety rule":
    In computer programming and software engineering, the ninety-ninety rule is a humorous aphorism that states: The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time.

It's always the last part of a project that really seems to take forever.

Something will probably be released on schedule but I doubt it'll be very complete or polished.
  • Karthos said:
    makinoji said:

Still no official CM
    Discord still a mess

I've about all but left the Discord because people were taking Discord drama into real life with stalking and harassment. And not only is that pathetic, but I just don't have time for that shit.

I feel a CM and possibly a few full time community mods might help there for sure. 
    Gave up on the official discord around 12 months ago when 2 of the then mods came into the ashes discussion channel spammed all manner of unrelated crap and killed the conversation several of us were engaged in regarding game mechanics. I mean their carry-on wasn't even related to the game but hey there are people in there let's go and talk crap.

So just use the official discord for finding creator content and official announcements just don't bother with the other channels now.
  • Of course I am it is my only hope for the near future of MMORPGs since CU and Crowfall are looking a little yikes and might even release later than this despite having 4-5 yrs of a headstart.
  • Karthos said:
    makinoji said:

Still no official CM
    Discord still a mess

I got close to leaving a few times as well, right now the discord is muted and moved all the way to the bottom of my Discord list. Agree! a CM and paid mods are overdue! 
  • *offers hugs to @Karthos and everyone else affected by negative discord*

I guess it's still very early, all we can do is hope for positive changes, and that those toxic few get fed up and go elsewhere.

I would suggest rounding up a posse to deal with those discord zombies, but given Intrepids view of 'don't step on official toes', you're left thinking, not my job.
    *shrug*

• Megs said:
    *offers hugs to @Karthos and everyone else affected by negative discord*

I guess it's still very early, all we can do is hope for positive changes, and that those toxic few get fed up and go elsewhere.

I would suggest rounding up a posse to deal with those discord zombies, but given Intrepids view of 'don't step on official toes', you're left thinking, not my job.
    *shrug*

Thanks Megs. It really hasn't been directed towards me really, but just watching it happening and having people getting worked up over it made me lose interest. People are going to be shitty, I prefer to not be dragged into it.

Life is too short.
  • Arzosah said:
    At this point, I only really see discord as a method of getting alerts about up coming testing phases and live streams.  I've muted every channel except the news channels.
    I still make rare comments (because let’s face it, I have trouble keeping my mouth shut) but mostly I check it for news as well. 
  • Still hoping Fallout 76 gets some heavy fixes soon and Anthem is not a dumpster fire upon release . . . this industry as a whole makes me depressed, but AoC continues to keep my hopes up. Just gotta try to shield my eyes from the other 99% of this dumpster fire of an industry.
  • The only difference between now and then is that now I know more so I don't get giddy reading every little bit, too much at least 'w'