Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Make this game for mobile?

Make this game for mobile? Pls... YES!!! 

NEW ERA and stuffs like that.

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    Ashes of Creation Immortal!!!

:D  :D:D:D
  • Ashes of Immortality lel
    We all got phones right?!? :D 
    edited November 2018
    Sintu said:
    Ashes of Creation Immortal!!!

:D  :D:D:D

OMG... kill me now, please.  LOL!!  :#

Damokles said:
    Ashes of Immortality lel
    We all got phones right?!? :D 
    *hides phone*  Nope, no phone here...
  • I'm sorry, but this actually feels painful. I fear I needed a trigger warning. Alas I will go on despite my hurt feelies.

No thank you.
  • Blizvision :neutral:  One of the gods has died again due to EA's little brother. The whole world shall mourn the loss of this great development studio as they fall to earth and lose their godly rights. At least we have Bethesda right? Oh wait . . . Fallout 76 was more of a buggy mess than all of their other titles. Well, at least they delivered a game that was equal to our expectations . . . a buggy mess with fun loot and kill combat and crafting *SERVER CRASH* "FUCK ME! WHY?! I WAS ABOUT TO GET A *insert any obtainable item*"

Maybe IS will be able to enter the Hall of God developers :smiley:
  • Maybe IS will be able to enter the Hall of God developers :smiley:
    Well yes. It's the perfect time for them, as most of the game studios thrashes themselves for no reason nowdays, if the aoc team ain't going to go full **** like others do, they can easily become popular.
  • 10/10 would joke again
  • *inserts major facepalm right here*
  • While most discussions go south after a while we could do it the other way around in this thread: Go full serious discussion.

We have a confirmation on the mobile application.
    No one said that the mobile application couldn´t contain the whole game at some point after launch.

Wouldn´t it be good if we could run through verra on mobile?
    (Emphasis on after launch on PC)

Could be limited to certain activities like gathering recources, fishing, exploring, crafting, house decoration etc.. Because raids,dungeons and PvP probably aren´t very effective on mobile. But you could do certain stuff while waiting on the bus or waiting for your plane or sitting through a boring family party.
  • Augentier said:

No one said that the mobile application couldn´t contain the whole game at some point after launch.

<BLEEP> no.

A mobile game inspired by AoC?  Taking place on the same fictional world?  Sure.

The actual MMO?  <BLEEP>
  • Augentier said:
    Could be limited to certain activities like gathering recources, fishing, exploring, crafting, house decoration etc.. 
    Can’t be used against me or quoted for truth: Something about fishing, don’t want it to be an afk activity, some games have gone that route, distinguishes real fishermen from afk fishermen. Instead we want something fun, akin to a bit of a mini-game, but something that’s not too repetitive and requires some skill. Talked to a friend about managing fishing from mobile companion app possibly. Cast fishing line on app, character throws out line in game. Whether or not we can achieve that, we'll see.

I really want fishing on mobile. Then I would have something to do while i sit on my "throne" ;D
    edited November 2018
    I had so many reasons for why you should be in a mental hospital before I clicked, now I know it's a joke, you are still on my kill-list for this.
  • I had so many reasons for why you should be in a mental hospital before I clicked, now I know it's a joke, you are still on my kill-list for this.
    Can I have the body after ^^
  • nagash said:
    I had so many reasons for why you should be in a mental hospital before I clicked, now I know it's a joke, you are still on my kill-list for this.
    Don't see why not, do you need the soul ? 
  • nagash said:
    There it goes my attempt for a serious discussion. xD
    But then again i don't care for mobile games, just tried to start serious discussion in a joke thread. ;)
  • Augentier said:
    nagash said:
    But then again i don't care for mobile games, just tried to start serious discussion in a joke thread. ;)
    I was being DEAD serious  ^^
  • Call me old fashioned but inuse my phone exclusively to call and text with the occasional cat video.
  • Finish the game first, the Unreal Epic engine support mobile development and porting. I am sure it is a reason they chose it.
  • Augentier said:
    nagash said:
    Ehm well you are still on the kill-list, you might as well try and eat a lot of calcium so you'll make a fine skeleton.
    edited November 2018
    Augentier said:
    nagash said:
    Ehm well you are still on the kill-list, you might as well try and eat a lot of calcium so you'll make a fine skeleton.
    I'm the most muscular tulnar around.
    Puny elf can't hurt me.

• Augentier said:
    While most discussions go south after a while we could do it the other way around in this thread: Go full serious discussion.

Could be limited to certain activities like gathering recources, fishing, exploring, crafting, house decoration etc.. Because raids,dungeons and PvP probably aren´t very effective on mobile. But you could do certain stuff while waiting on the bus or waiting for your plane or sitting through a boring family party.
    Nop, not possible.
    They design the game to be run on pc with around gtx1080 in power, so guess...
    Even the highest end phones doesn't have not even 1/10 of the nowdays videocard's power.... Not even mentioning the lack of cooling.

It's simply impossible feat. Ofc, if they dumb down everything, downscale everything to abyss it can work, but it would look like shit, and would take enormous amount of time, for minimal gain.
  • akmaa said:
    Augentier said:
    While most discussions go south after a while we could do it the other way around in this thread: Go full serious discussion.

Nop, not possible.
    They design the game to be run on pc with around gtx1080 in power, so guess...
    Even the highest end phones doesn't have not even 1/10 of the nowdays videocard's power.... Not even mentioning the lack of cooling.

It's simply impossible feat. Ofc, if they dumb down everything, downscale everything to abyss it can work, but it would look like shit, and would take enormous amount of time, for minimal gain.
    The game is designed so it could run on a five year old PC (with min. settings).
    With a gtx1080 you can probably have max. settings.

Also have you seen gameplay of Fortnites Android Version? It´s not PC graphics but it doesn´t look bad.

I agree that it is questionable if a mobile version would make sense. But it´s not impossible.
  • That's a nice troll account thank you for the laughs tho lol
  • Augentier said:
    The game is designed so it could run on a five year old PC (with min. settings).
    With a gtx1080 you can probably have max. settings.

Also have you seen gameplay of Fortnites Android Version? It´s not PC graphics but it doesn´t look bad.

I agree that it is questionable if a mobile version would make sense. But it´s not impossible.
    Well normal fornite looks shit, so does the phone one.
    Nevertheless developing the mobile version took them long time, despite it's just a single map with only a few different units. So guess how much extra time would it take to do the same on a much larger and complex mmo?
  • Does the potential mobile support for tavern games and other activities count?
  • Augentier said:
    Augentier said:
    nagash said:
    I'm the most muscular tulnar around.
    Puny elf can't hurt me.

hahaha haha haha ha ha ahhhh it is delightful to see materials walk to me, I mean you will make a fine carpet with all that fur you have.
  • Damokles said:
    Augentier said:
    Could be limited to certain activities like gathering recources, fishing, exploring, crafting, house decoration etc.. 
    Can’t be used against me or quoted for truth: Something about fishing, don’t want it to be an afk activity, some games have gone that route, distinguishes real fishermen from afk fishermen. Instead we want something fun, akin to a bit of a mini-game, but something that’s not too repetitive and requires some skill. Talked to a friend about managing fishing from mobile companion app possibly. Cast fishing line on app, character throws out line in game. Whether or not we can achieve that, we'll see.

I really want fishing on mobile. Then I would have something to do while i sit on my "throne" ;D
    Easy to stop AFK fishing, if you snag a sea monster that eats you alive, if you dont run your arse off and get away ;)
    The motto being.....be prepared for the unexpected !
  • nagash said:
    Depends....is it for scientific research ?