Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Hunger system

What are your thoughts about hunger system? Shouldnt it be great if theyll add it too? Where you will drop all your resistance and stats when you are hungry and it should be applied on mobs also.(predator-prey relationship). Food are going to spoil if you wont consumed it in given time, delicious food adds buffs+satisfies hunger ,badtaste food only satisfies hunger, spoiled food adds debuff+satisfies hunger.

Comments

• I don't mind the idea of hunger and thirst but it has to be realistic. 3 meals at most in a 24 hour period. I'm not into these survival games that force you to eat every 20 minutes.
  • This is why I became undead to avoid this 
  • @Abasole yeah it should be like that, but the time lapse inside the game is different from real world. 3 times a day (referring  to ingame time period)
  • @nagash you need milk though xD
  • Zaczac271 said:
    @nagash you need milk though xD
    I don't need it but it does make my tea perfect
  • In my opinion while interesting it just becomes a chore. Having to stop for late breakfast, early lunch, lunch, late lunch etc.. during a serious large scale city invasion doesn't sound to much fun. Could you imagine 500 Hobbits coming out of the woodwork during a city siege and everyone stopping to cook late breakfast lol. Cook pots fires and Po..ta..toes everywhere lol
  • Milk will make your bone stronger it will get you a boner ahahah
  • Zaczac271 said:
    Milk will make your bone stronger it will get you a boner ahahah

• I really do not want this survival aspect in Ashes of Creation and I am thankful that it has not been brought up as a system Intrepid will be implementing. I would prefer my eat and drink just to be for buffs and the like. 
  • @Uzial it will make seiges more interesting, enemies can just cut off your food resources and make you weaker. 
  • I'm not in favor of a hunger system for Ashes.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    I've been told combat comes first because its what we do most of but in actual fact movements come first because everything that we do and everything that happens is due to movement. The core principles must be fixed before additions are added because without a solid foundation the game will flop. There are key issues with combat and movement but they're still working on these facets.

To summarise i'd rather not have hunger and thirst but would prefer footprints in snow and sand and ice that is slippery.
  • Confirmed from almost day one that there will be no survival mechanics. That means no hunger or thirst impacts. As discussed in other threads recently, food/drink will provide temporary buffs of various kinds.

• Maybe Alpha Phase 3 can have the poop simulator.

”Sorry guys, I can’t do this siege, my potty meter is maxed out.”
  • Would we then need to use the bathroom then?

Like what if I'm in the middle of a caravan and need to pull over to expell the firey demon of tavern chilli I ate earlier?

And I get attacked, literally being caught with my pants down.
  • I love me some survival games, but I don't really want to see those types of mechanics in Ashes.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    Arzosah said:
    I love me some survival games, but I don't really want to see those types of mechanics in Ashes.
    Then good news, there won't be. Just because someone posts an OP asking for opinions doesn't mean there are any plans for it. As I posted above they have said that there won't be survival mechanics in Ashes, the only thing we can do is hold them to it. As we get more and more new people over the course of the next year it is important to direct them to the wikis and squash any misinformation before issues arise.
  • nagash said:
    This is why I became undead to avoid this 
    But you still need your daily Calcium supplements or those old bones will go brittle and break.  
  • nagash said:
    This is why I became undead to avoid this 
    But you still need your daily Calcium supplements or those old bones will go brittle and break.  
    Well I dont need it but it goes well with tea 
  • Really don't want a hunger system, especially not if its to the annoying extent of most survival game's out there. :#