Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Werewolves? Oh... Yeah...

**Deep breath... pause for suspense**, "Werewolves...".  A Werewolf curse/ability for players would be spectacular.  Can't be that I'm the only one in favor of such a proposal.  I think a resulting stat effect would be nice as well, but I would understand contrary opinions specifically towards that.  I know some yall out there be rollin your eyes but I think that it would fit nicely with the mystic lore and struggle an ancient-fairy tale story-book-like adventure would experience.  I mean I don't exactly picture Goblins and Werewolves in set in the same universe so to speak, but there's a first for many amazing uncharted ideas.  I suppose the question is... why not?  I know the game is so far in development already that it's an unrealistic proposal, but food for thought I guess.  

Comments

• Quick and easy one. The races you see are the races you get.
  • Are you thinking of like how ESO did it? if so I don't see it happening tbh, might have some werewolf mobs though.
  • @nagash Well, technically speaking, it wouldn’t actually fall under such categories.  If anything it would actually be listed in somthing more like a sub class type genre, but still I think it’s a little different.  Did you read the post? Lol
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    @nagash Not to mention the topic of this post has more to do with the possibilities and how/if AoC was to implement a werewolf theme in some form or another.  I get that right now it would be somthing put towards the back or the priorities, but a valid suggestion and open topic for ideas.
    edited November 2018
    @nagash Not to mention the topic of this post has more to do with the possibilities and how/if AoC was to implement a werewolf theme in some form or another.  I get that right now it would be somthing put towards the back or the priorities, but a valid suggestion and open topic for ideas.
     This question was asked 6 months ago about sub races e.g. vampire, werewolves and liches and intrepid said no but we may get a skin of some of them. You can speculate all you want the fact remains 

We are not getting subclasses/races.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY-JEV49xYY&feature=youtu.be&t=4m47s

and here is the proof 
    edited November 2018
    That’s too bad, but I guess they can’t have everything in a game lol 
  • Closest we might get is some tulnar variation
  • As much as I love vampires just got to deal with the fact that we won't get some things. Look at @nagash he can't even be his very own race 'w'
  • As much as I love vampires just got to deal with the fact that we won't get some things. Look at @nagash he can't even be his very own race 'w'
    I think Nagash should make a total Raistlin sort of guy and put him in a hooded robe with a mask.

Raistlin is the one on the left by the way.
  • Atama said:
    As much as I love vampires just got to deal with the fact that we won't get some things. Look at @nagash he can't even be his very own race 'w'
    I think Nagash should make a total Raistlin sort of guy and put him in a hooded robe with a mask.

Well as far as I know when he was a human he was a prince in a desert empire or something, dont really concern myself with the backstory of savages that fly cities into private airspace, he could be a furball wearing a dark cloak and a red enchanted sword calling himself Darth Furious.
  • Too much flesh on them bones.
  • A long time ago last year they mentioned the possibility of future Racial skins and the two that where named where Undead and Werewolf racial Skins.
  • I love werewolfs . If not as playable option at least as mob . But most times mystical creatures become a trivialized cute version of what they should be . Discussed in other threads but i like to mention it more then 1 time . Pls let there something in the free world to be afraid of . Not like in eso the only strong bosses in free world bound to their spot and dont move a step the whole day . Let them roam through the woods . Like that it becomes a adventure everytime you start a journey instead of just going to farm . 
    edited December 2018
    Werewolves as Lore ? Your problem is that you were far too specific. You need to think summoner.
    If summoner can summon beasts or even undead beast. If some summoner types can replace those beasts with summoned weapons. You are only a tiny step away from summoning an inner beast to change your own stats.
    The question then becomes would that be desirable and would it break the game. For me its like asking the question... 'should players in combat be able to swap out class/armour/weapon on the fly?' And the general answer is no....bar weapon swapping is in the apocalypse. Not that that necessarily crosses over.
    BUT.....{must have a but}...outside of combat, they can add whole new layer to adventuring abilities if they come with unique or gated keys/senses/powers.

They could be a secret power that can only be invoked without witnesses. Schrodinger cat style. This fixes the mid combat issue. Also explains how you can change into a bush, caravan or desk on the fly in apocalypse. Either the shapeshift ability is there or its not there.
  • Atama said:
    As much as I love vampires just got to deal with the fact that we won't get some things. Look at @nagash he can't even be his very own race 'w'

• nagash said:
    Atama said:

Yeah that's pretty much what I had in mind. :)