Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Crafter Only skins

So i think i might have posted something like this in the past but.. Wouldn't it be cool if you could take your +5Helm of ugliness to a crafter to make it match your armor set. Example i more times then not look all ghetto from getting the best stuff i can find. Be nice if i could make the best stuff look like my stuff ( pvp disadvantage you cant really tell who's got what piece of gear so you just have to attack and pray bronze sword they are carrying  isnt the aforementioned legendary sword of griefer killing)

Comments

• Options
    also this is where i should say be perfect if only crafters could change item appearances
  • Options
    Items will have a transmog kind of system yes. So in theory you could make anything appear like anything but i think Legendary items will also appear like legendary items.

Gear will have appearance slots (Transmutation/Transmog/cosmetic slots) that are used to copy the appearance of an item (in some cases).[2][3]

• Cosmetic slots can be toggled on or off.[5]
    • Helmet display can be toggled on and off.[9]
    • Particle effects are used to denote the importance and rarity of some weapons.[10]

I'm more of the mind that it wouldn't really serve a purpose to have bikini plate armor, just in like reality, if you're going to have armor, it should be protective. I think from a fashion statement is enjoyable for some people, but it's a kind of an immersive issue.[6] – Steven Sharif

We're going for kind of a more realistic look; not necessarily realistic setting, but we want our characters to have weight and kind of feel like they're there.[6] – Jeffrey Bard

legendary weapon is easily distinguished by its visual appearance.[3]

It will be a very ornate and detailed weapon, more so than any other weapon or piece of equipment in the game. It will also include some awesome looking effects that won't too gaudy, you know they won't be too bright and shiny so that it doesn't look good, but they will be subtle and people will notice it and know wow that guy has this weapon.[3] – Steven Sharif

Obtaining a legendary item will not be RNG based. It will entail obtaining construction components from various prog

• Options
    A transmog system is great but relying on crafters to do it is not so great 'w'
  • Options
    I think it would be ok to have some unique cosmetics that comes from crafting.
  • Options
    Arzosah said:
    I think it would be ok to have some unique cosmetics that comes from crafting.
    Armor unique to crafting yes but the ability to transmog once you 'unlock/collect' the armor should not be locked by crafters imo 'w'
  • Options
    It would be nice if something not crushing to game balance came from crafters. I say that because if they can build the best gear in the game it will be controlled by a few and basically #ghostgame because having one guild run a server went so well for Trion!