Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Religion and its possible connection to legendary weapons and node quest(s).

So six religions:
- Truth
- Hope
- Faith
- Creation (Creation will have two gods one male and female)
- Love

Most likely there is a legendary weapon attributed for each religion. For example:
- Sword of truth
- Staff of Creation(there should be 2 to represent the male and female god/goddess however the characteristics of each weapon should be diametrically opposed)
- Bow of Hope
- Dagger of Faith
- Shield of Love

One of the ways or possibly the only way to obtain these weapons is to develop a religious node until the Pope or leaders of said religion are given a Legendary(Node) quest pertaining to that religion.

When this quest is launched/accepted:
- all the followers of the religion that has started the quest should be able to participate in some manner.

- Vice versa the other religions may receive an event to hinder their attempts to complete the Legendary quest. 

Some problems im currently thinking about:
How would those who are not the Pope/leaders of an religion partaking in the Legendary quest be rewarded?

How would the opposing factions be rewarded as well?

Does the religion that started the legendary quests lose access to start it again?

What you peeps think?

Deus Vult.

Comments

• Your  lack of true faith is disturbing
  • You named 5 religions just one has 2 aspects ? 'w' where is the death religion seriously someone has to filter all my victims and where is my religion ?
  • You named 5 religions just one has 2 aspects ? 'w' where is the death religion seriously someone has to filter all my victims and where is my religion ?
    The religions i posted are the only ones i found in the wiki: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Religions

However dont focus on the # of religions but rather on what im pointing out. That is how they are connected to legendary weaps and how they religous are going to be implemented.
  • nagash said:
    Your  lack of true faith is disturbing
    ????? please do tell more.
  • I like the overall idea of legendary religious items obtained through legendary quests.

I have problems/questions with/about your description:
    1. If everyone in one religion religion can contribute to a legandary quest... Why would they want to help?  You can't give everyone who contributes the legendary weapon. So why would i help someone else obtaining a legendary weapon? Unless its my friend or guildmate.

2. Opposing factions event. We have probably at least 6 religions. So its always minimum 1 vs 5 religions. I don't know how the relgion with the legendary quest would be able to complete it.
  • Inticari said:
    nagash said:
    Your  lack of true faith is disturbing
    ????? please do tell more.
    There are only two gods, life and death everyone is a name given by mortals.

joking aside I think its a great idea but I really want to see how divine node will work first.

• "Sword of Truth"

Thats been done already I'm afraid. To anyone interested fantasy novels, def recommend sword of truth series. Among my top three favorites. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    "Sword of Truth"

Thats been done already I'm afraid. To anyone interested fantasy novels, def recommend sword of truth series. Among my top three favorites. 
    A bane blade would be nice for a change ^^
  • I want the knife of forking, it's a huge 2 handed dinner knife that is used solely for stabbing.
  • Augentier said:
    I like the overall idea of legendary religious items obtained through legendary quests.

I have problems/questions with/about your description:
    1. If everyone in one religion religion can contribute to a legandary quest... Why would they want to help?  You can't give everyone who contributes the legendary weapon. So why would i help someone else obtaining a legendary weapon? Unless its my friend or guildmate.

2. Opposing factions event. We have probably at least 6 religions. So its always minimum 1 vs 5 religions. I don't know how the relgion with the legendary quest would be able to complete it.
    1. Prestige and a in game title?
    2. Idk maybe religious alliances?
  • nagash said:
    "Sword of Truth"

A bane blade would be nice for a change ^^
    Those weapon names were just examples.

We switch out the weapon types and they still work. I.e

- Shield of Truth
    - Sword of love
    - Staff of hope
    - Dagger of creation/destruction
    - wand of fate