Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Class-synergies - What are you thinking about the interplay of the classes between each other?

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited December 2018 in Ashes of Creation Design
You read it in the title: What are you thinking about the interplay of the classes between each other?

My meaning behind this is not, how the classes react in Mainclass/Subclass combination but rather, one person with one main class synergises with another player with some other main class.
A good example would be a two man group of a bard and a summoner. The summoner does what he does best = summoning a horde of adds and the bard then buffs them, to make them better (Siren makes them tankier, Tellsword gives them a higher melee attack etc)

Comments

• Options
    Rogue + Ranger, Mage + Summoner, Tank + Cleric, Fighter + Cleric/Mage, Summon + Cleric I think will all be great classes that synergies together. Rogue and Rangers are so synonymous with each other. Both using daggers, swords, bows. The A-typical leather based melee dps characters. Same for Mage + Summoner. The magical DPS characters. I think these 2 will have the highest synergy  of any of the classes. Tank + Cleric being a Paladin is probably one of the most famous of tank classes so you know they'll go well together. Same with a fighter + Cleric. The Crusader (because I refuse to acknowledge Highsword as a class) will give a high burst dps some sustain. I also think Summoner and Cleric being a Necromancer will bring a very unique class altogether. 
  • Options
    @McKnightrider
    I didnt mean the Classcombo (Main/Sub) i meant how the classes will synergise in groups (One player as a Paladin and another as a High Priest for example) ;D
    "My meaning behind this is not, how the classes react in Mainclass/Subclass combination but rather, one person with one main class synergises with another player with some other main class."

I know that the classes are created to synergise well, but there are always wombo combos that are just working better then everything else :D
  • Options
    I think this is a really interesting topic. It's just so hard to answer with the little information we have on all classes.

It also depends on what you want to do and the party size.

In my opinion the most obvoius and porbably easiest to play combination in a two man group will be tank+cleric. 
    They will synergise for a lot of survivability and probably control capability.
    Depending on how all the classes are made it could be possible that every group may need a tank and a cleric.

I agree on the Bard+Summoner group. Its possible that the perfect 4 man group could be tank+cleric+summoner+bard. If the group geta bigger just add some random DPS class.
  • Options
    Summoners + anything = win
  • Options
    Mage is supreme and does not need the rabble even for meat shield positions.
  • Options
    With as little information as we currently have, the main thing I can think of is that balancing it will be a pain and a half. Best of luck to the devs in that regard ;P

I'm guessing we'll be seeing more of Sleepy Steven.
  • Options
    I think we need more information on the classes but in terms of synergy, I would expect Bard/Summoner/Cleric + anything to work well.  As they can play support roles having extra support is always good especially if summoner pets are versatile like they should be. 

The only pairings I can see being subpar are Tank + Tank and Cleric + cleric. You won't die more than likely but you'll be slower to kill things.