Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What kind of Weapon/Class combination do you want to play?

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited December 2018 in Ashes of Creation Design
We all know, that we will be able to use every weapon while playing whatever class we want.
What weapon do you guys want to use and why?
Do you want to create a unique kind of playstile with your class or do you want to go the "normal" path?
I myself plan on playing a Siren/Soulweaver melee with heavy armor and a polearm or spear ;D

Comments

• Necromancer with a Grimoire and a great sword
  • Bow/Crossbow because i'm good at FPS.
    I probably try all Ranger subclasses before i can decide.
  • Fighter+Fighter+2 Handed Sword
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    'Cuz I may be bad
    But I'm perfectly good at it.,
    Melee to spare
    I don't care - don't like the sound of it.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones
    But chains and whips excite me...

*cough* Yes, I would very much like to see some form of chain weapon in the game. I'm particularly fond of Kama + Chain combinations.

Thresh main for life ;)
  • I am going for a mage, so staff and one handed sword is for me.
  • If I go summoner - staff/sword maybe orb

Bard - dual swords or axes

Cleric -  sword/shield or staff

if i ever get around to making a fighter alt then greatsword/polearm 
  • Fighter+Cleric with a great spear
  • full rogue, if possible dual daggers with long bow back up. if i can abuse the rogues crits feature from a range then its a bonus.

that or a mage+fighter, orb and sword or grimoire and sword.
    edited December 2018
    Bat-a-rang. Made from a real bat. A frozen bat. It thaws then flies away leaving no trace of the murder weapon.
  • I'm really liking the look of the pole arms, so I'll probably at least try those for awhile. If I don't stick with those then it will either be sword and board or dual swords.
  • Preferably I want to cast with bare hands but if I am forced to choose then a grimoire and staff or sword.
  • Preferably I want to cast with bare hands but if I am forced to choose then a grimoire and staff or sword.
    I believe none of the spells require a weapon for you to cast, but the weapon gives you an extra ability, which (in the shown examples) generates a resource, which is used in some spells.
  • Damokles said:
    Preferably I want to cast with bare hands but if I am forced to choose then a grimoire and staff or sword.
    I believe none of the spells require a weapon for you to cast, but the weapon gives you an extra ability, which (in the shown examples) generates a resource, which is used in some spells.
    yeah I realized well it does make sense after all unless there were special gloves for mages.
  • Damokles said:
    Preferably I want to cast with bare hands but if I am forced to choose then a grimoire and staff or sword.
    yeah I realized well it does make sense after all unless there were special gloves for mages.
    Most "fitting" would be the orb in my opinions. It lets you cast something that looks like arcane bolts ;D
  • Damokles said:
    Damokles said:
    Most "fitting" would be the orb in my opinions. It lets you cast something that looks like arcane bolts ;D
    Eh honestly the staff in my opinion is the most immersive for a mage along with the grimoire and I utterly hate the wands, seriously wands should just never exist...the orbs well they just seem like baubles more like a fortune teller thing 'w'
  • Depending on the secondary when I take Summoner I will go with either Staff or cleric weapon for long range attacks and/or heals while my summons are on the front line.

Or if the subclass makes my summons healer type/s then Mace and Shield to crunch some skulls.
    edited December 2018
    ShadowKnight = Necromancer / Paladin: Pure resistance, defence tank( 1h/Shield and plate armor). Based on blood, and disease damage/skills (All dark magic - Based. With the knowledge of any other combat form). And a master (All) summonering.