Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

December cosmetics

This months cosmetics will cost $115 or £91.
What a joke.

Comments

• its been the same every month
  • nagash said:
    its been the same every month

Exactly, they expect £91 a month for cosmetics.
    Shows signs of detachment from the working class if you ask me.

• Exactly, they expect £91 a month for cosmetics.
    No one is beating you up to buy them either.
  • I'm pretty sure they don't expect everyone to buy all the cosmetics every month. However, I am sure they are happy that some do.
  • You're not obliged to buy the cosmetics
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018

Unigoat disagrees.

You are obliged to buy him. Without his baleful bleating, you will be unable to unlock the massive quest of oojimaflip that leads you to the legendary of wotsit.

You WILL buy him...…

Yeah, there's a lot, but at least it's funding production and paying wages. 

• The cosmetics have had the same price every month? 
  • Always the same price, no changes what so ever to be honest you are nit picking at this point.
  • nagash said:

Hear hear!  We need the proletariat to rise up into a new Bolshevik Revolution!

Now to be sane/serious for a moment, I see if any of the cheap items look good and buy them.  So far I’ve only bought a pair of gloves and a cloak.  I have plenty of cosmetics from KS so don’t feel a need to buy everything they offer now.  And yeah, the prices seem steep but people can make up their own minds about what optional cosmetics with no real in-game benefits are worth to them.
  • I noticed this too. I also did the maths. If you buy a package it isn't much better. The only package worth buying is the $375 one because you get all the items at cost but get the alpha 2, and betas 1-2, free. With the other packages you don't get anything free.

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    I think the pricing is a little steep especially for the costumes, so I'm careful about what I purchase, if any.
  • I personally wouldn't spend $115 a month on video game cosmetics, so I don't. 

Literally as simple as that.

Can your next post be about something you're NOT complaining about? You know, for some variety.
  • In my opinion the cost could be reduced a bit since the game will be ultimately be funded by a monthly subscription, but since you're not required to spend any money on these monthly cosmetics I don't see any real issue with it as things currently stand.  I'll buy cosmetics here and there if I see something that is particularly interesting to me.
  • get a hobby like Warhammer and money becomes a fickle thing
  • nagash said:
    get a hobby like Warhammer and money becomes a fickle thing
    My buddy got big into Warhammer and took out a small loan to get his stuff together.

Pretty sure that's what killed his marriage...
  • Karthos said:
    nagash said:
    get a hobby like Warhammer and money becomes a fickle thing
    My buddy got big into Warhammer and took out a small loan to get his stuff together.

Pretty sure that's what killed his marriage...
    Forge world must have gotten
  • sunfrog said:
    I noticed this too. I also did the maths. If you buy a package it isn't much better. The only package worth buying is the $375 one because you get all the items at cost but get the alpha 2, and betas 1-2, free. With the other packages you don't get anything free.

The package is great value when you look away it. You're literally just paying for cosmetics in it, everything else in it is returned to you in embers or play time, plus the beta and name reservations. So it's $375 but your not playing for anything but the cosmetics and everything is extra added on. Which really just makes that package $115 instead of $375
  • Also still cant get in the game.
    My username or password isn't working it wont tell me which is wrong, the link to create account from the launcher is down.
    I've tested a lot of games and now have as many parameters as this one.
    What must a person do to test this game...
    My username or password isn't working it wont tell me which is wrong, the link to create account from the launcher is down.
    Read and follow step by step instructions
  • Karthos said:
    Also still cant get in the game.
    Instructions needed to test a game is also a joke.
    I have already still doesn't work.
    You need to wait until the server is up. You can't log in if there's no server online. 

I dled the installer, and net framework whatever it's called, logged in so happy! Then went to dl game assets and only reached 3.66% before they signed off for the night. My dl speed was 0.18 mbs. Yes, THAT slow! I know my connection sucks but good grief! This is the 3rd time I haven't been able to play, but on the bright side, this is the closest I've ever come. At least I logged in this time. I think I need to wait until the server is up 24/7 because it will take me 2 days to dl the game. :[ 
  • Karthos said:
    I'm still not sure why people not ignore this troll  o:)
    Idk, as a BK randy casul I managed to get into the game with relative ease. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Swooxie said:
    Karthos said:

I don't troll kid, the grown up are aware of that.
  • Swooxie said:
    Karthos said:

I don't troll kid, the grown up are aware of that.
    I must have missed that, can you repeat yourself ? 
  • nagash said:

I dont think they plan nor expect anyone to buy them all each month. The point is to wait for something you like that fits the theme of your main. If you have deep pockets, then dive right in and buy them all each month, which is your right. It's not going to improve anything in your life to complain that whales exist. 
    I went through the same thing last night.  I tried getting on right after 8PM PST.  Now, I’ve already created my new credentials and have been able to log in during a different, recent testing day so I know my credentials are good. But I doubted myself and thought I might be misremembering my password, so I went through the process of resetting and changing it.  Then I tried again and it still rejected them.

So I went to Discord and saw a message from Steve saying that they shut it down hours earlier than planned to fix some problems discovered during testing.  That’s why it wasn’t working.  I wonder if you had the same problem.
  • Karthos said:
    As someone whose tested alphas for "20yrs" you know they break, and break often, right?

I'd also assume you'd realize that one may need work arounds or janky methods to do things that a more comolcom game wouldn't. You confuse Alpha with "Early Access", which based in your posts seems to be the body of your expirence in "testing".

You run around here ranting like a spoiled child that didn't get ice cream and expect us to pat you on the back and say "oh how horrible you've been treated". 

I'm frankly embarrassed for you.
  • Karthos said:
    Karthos said:
    As someone whose tested alphas for "20yrs" you know they break, and break often, right?

I'd also assume you'd realize that one may need work arounds or janky methods to do things that a more comolcom game wouldn't. You confuse Alpha with "Early Access", which based in your posts seems to be the body of your expirence in "testing".

You run around here ranting like a spoiled child that didn't get ice cream and expect us to pat you on the back and say "oh how horrible you've been treated". 

I'm frankly embarrassed for you.
    Never had issue like this with any alpha.
    I don't do any of the things you mentioned lol.
    I'm embarrassed for you kid.
  • Well if you need a hug, I'm always here @Grimseethe