Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

MMORPG Gameplay: Official Livestream - Thursday, December 13th at 1pm PST - Q&A thread

Hey, everyone! 
Once again we’re collecting questions to answer during the Thursday, December 13th Twitch Stream starting at 1 PM PST.

Please post your questions in this thread and we’ll pick around 10 or so to answer live on-stream. Please, only one question per person. Additional questions will likely not get answered. 

Thanks for your help!
Catch the broadcast here on the Ashes of Creation Twitch Channel
Missed a previous Livestream and you want to catch up? 
Check out the Ashes of Creation Youtube Channel

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    PS4 and Xbox already have Mouse and Keyboard support, next gen consoles will continue this.
    Will Ashes of Creation release on PS4/5 at some point?
  • When will nonhuman character models be added?
    edited December 2018

As Christmas is coming up, I would like to purchase a cosmetic for someone who already has an account.

Can (and if so can you let us know exactly how) I do this?

edited December 2018
    What do you have planned for the release patch when it comes to "end game" activities?

The reason I ask is you know normally games release with so little todo once we have grinded to cap.

I under that we will still want to level nodes but what can we expect to be doing daily and weekly?
  • When will players that bought the game through my.com also be invited to alpha/beta tests, since the my.com account isn't yet linked to ashes of creation account?
  • Please can you explain why player names are restricted to minimum 3 characters and not minimum 2 characters like Archeage and other MMO's.

Could it be changed to minimum 2 characters thanks    3
    edited December 2018
    What, if anything, gathered from testing so far has surprised you?
  • will there be skimpy armor
    edited December 2018
    As a fan of hidden areas and puzzles I was happy to hear when you confirmed jumping puzzles to be in the game. I am wondering which scale these will have: 

Will there be a big variation where some will take you to large secret dedicated areas like in gw2 or will it be something smaller? Are there going to be other kind of puzzles like logical thinking, hidden entrances in mountains etc?  <3  <3<3
  • Are you planning on adding a music creation system in game, similar to Lord of the Rings Online? This could be a cool function, letting bards make a custom melody and attaching it to their spells. 
  • for the 12th time any more in-depth news on the summoner?
  • Can you please specify AoC: Apocalypse release TIME for EU (and shutdown time)? Where can I download a luncher?
  • Can there be a reward system for people who spend time submitting bugs and/or helping people resolve and work-around theirs?

I think this would help incentivize more people to help find bugs, help others resolve them, and ultimately helps the developers out!
    It also would put a little less focus on grinding out in-game rewards for testing.
    edited December 2018
    I a few short questions. Thanks.

1. Is there any plan to rename some of the class names? And if so could that be a community event?

2. How does the name reservation work? Is it account based, server based, do I have to choose the server I want my reserved name on? how will two people who want the same name and play on different servers work? And will the naming convention allow accent letters like, á, é, í, ó, ú, ü?

3. Are you worried about over saturation of cosmetics coming from Apocalypse and testing leaving the MMORPG short on visual gear progression?

• About what percentage of total land can actually be useable for Freeholds?
  • Jokuc said:
    As a fan of hidden areas and puzzles I was happy to hear when you confirmed jumping puzzles to be in the game. I am wondering which scale these will have.

Will there be a big variation where some will take you to large secret dedicated areas like in gw2 or will it be something smaller? Are there going to be other kind of puzzles like logical thinking, hidden entrances in mountains etc?  <3  <3<3
    I actually found one in APOC.
    edited December 2018
    Assuming there is a SA server. Will the subscription price be converted to local currency like WoW? Dollar is a strong currency here.
  • Are you planing on implementing a kind of point system into the mmorpg to limit the amount of crafting/gathering one person can do?
  • Let me answer some of your questions.
    No
    Later
    No
    Nothing
    Soon
    Because
    Nothing
    Yes
    Maybe
    No
    No
    No 
    No
    Yes
    No, you know how it works, no
    I have no idea
    Probably
    No

• Will there be collectible Ashes trading cards or a trading card game?
  • Will the weapon skill trees allow for class spells to be used through the weapon? Can I shoot a healing spell with a Bow? #Honzercy!
  • sunfrog said:
    Let me answer some of your questions.
    No
    Later
    No
    Nothing
    Soon
    Because
    Nothing
    Yes
    Maybe
    No
    No
    No 
    No
    Yes
    No, you know how it works, no
    I have no idea
    Probably
    No

Would it be possible for you to you kindly be a tad more constructive by possibly showing us evidence to support your response, after all, we're asking the question because we haven't been able to locate the information ourselves.

That way we can remove answered questions so that other unanswered ones get addressed.

Sent with love x

edited December 2018
    In the siege testing, as well as the full game, will there abilities to help the shot callers. Such as being able to draw pathways on a map (like how planetside 2 has), or pings to direct teammates on where to be positioned. 
    edited December 2018
    I'm concerned that debuffs for corrupt players could hinder the possibility for role play and some seriously epic player interaction. Don't you think the increased death penalty could be enough to deter over ganking? 
  • Why do you answer questions from third party software and not from your own forums?
    edited December 2018
    Will Ashes of Creation support  SLI  (utilize both graphic cards vs only one) ?

What are the end user graphic solutions Intrepid Studio's investigating?

Any plans to optimize graphics for the APOC series of games?  (I noticed my 880M's only one card utilized versus both and was only receiving 16 fps under load at lowest settings as a result.)

I have played many MMO's and the skin palates some prefer were missing, namely the dark skin palates's.  Will there be dark skin options for people to play, a variety,  or what?   (people should be able to play with a skin palate they are comfortable with! )

• mazh said:
    PS4 and Xbox already have Mouse and Keyboard support, next gen consoles will continue this.
    Will Ashes of Creation release on PS4/5 at some point?
    This has already been asked like a million times, the answer is no.
  • Will there be auto follow of players?.
This discussion has been closed.