Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

spears/glaives

I've seen in most MMORPG don't carry spear type weapons i was wondering if ashes will and have skills or a class aimed towards that. Also if the implement spear type weapons i hope it wont be only the poking type but actual martial arts.

Comments

• Welcome to Ashes, Varos.
    2 weapons tested in Apocalypse should interest you, the lifebringer (basically a spear) and the archmage's companion (more of a staff, but still spear like, imo). I recommend checking some twitch or youtube content of people playing the BR on that.
    Unfortunately we don't have info an specific weapon skills yet. I can tell you that classes are not locked to specific weapon types like in post other MMOs, so there'll be 64 able to use spears and I would imagine at least one can make the spear playstyle work. :)
    I hope this was at least a little helpful.
  • You will see spear weapons and with some flashy moves too, honestly peasants with pitchforks are just as dangerous...
  • thanks guys really appreciate, seems like no mmorpg has this weapon type and skills for it, im so hyped for this game. 
  • Welcome to Ashes!!!  Looks like you have received an answer already.
  • Greetings from Oceania and welcome to Ashes of Creation!!!
  • You will see spear weapons and with some flashy moves too, honestly peasants with pitchforks are just as dangerous...

• nagash said:
    You will see spear weapons and with some flashy moves too, honestly peasants with pitchforks are just as dangerous...

That was sarcasm my friend ;)
  • nagash said:
    You will see spear weapons and with some flashy moves too, honestly peasants with pitchforks are just as dangerous...

looks like you "missed" the point ^^
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:

hehehe 'w' what can you do about humans and their primitive ways....
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:

enslave them?
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    nagash said:

enslave them?
    Is it even worth it ? I mean I'm all for the idea of killing then enslaving, saves me the time to go and feed them etc.
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    nagash said:

enslave them?
    Is it even worth it ? I mean I'm all for the idea of killing then enslaving, saves me the time to go and feed them etc.
    you need to have someone to build your cities and monuments
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    nagash said:

enslave them?
    you need to have someone to build your cities and monuments
    Magic tends to do the trick, getting summons to do it is easy too, though I suppose their "worship" is quite fun to look at. Oh and the occasional sacrifice is also great.