Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Dead thread. Kill me.

Once there was something posted here.

Now there is not.

What was it....

It must have been really important!!

What are they hiding from you?!?

Conspiracy.

Nah, just an idea that seemed good in the morning, but died before mid afternoon.

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018

Hmmm, scraps of a dead thread, what was it???

That Apocalypse exists !

reality check.

? said:

edited December 2018

WIP

Sorry for leaving this unfinished, brain fog and fatigue means that I'm going to have to return to this after several hours of snoozing

:(

• Not really upset with the games progression so far... Maybe its cause im not an entitled diva, or maybe intrepid has hit all the mile stones they said they would.... Until they fail to meet quota i dont see where your panic stems from...
  • @Flatline, this is actually an interesting point I haven't considered. IS has indicated multiple times they are ahead of schedule. I suppose if they wanted to use some of that additional time to help flush out a testing ground than it should be fair game.
    edited December 2018
    Just to clarify, I have no panic myself, other than wanting to direct all negativity to one location so as to help reassure  others who might be, and attempt to keep the rest of the community a bit more positive vibey.
  • @Megs so your the "bob ross" of the forums? Lol
  • Happy Festivus!!!

• I don't get it.
    Wiki only says Bob Ross was a painter..

• He painted while talking about what he was painting. It was a very slow, calming voice with lots of phrases like "little, fluffy clouds" and "we are going to put a small tree over here to be next to his friends!" I will provide a link so you get the idea. He died recently, so he got some attention lately, but for many from the US he was a well known figure from public television. While I applaud the effort to try and wrangle the forums, it is a lost cause. As we get ever closer to launch and a larger footprint in the gaming world we are attracting more and more of the "I know better....." types that can't be argued with and when they find out information that is not to their liking or smacks into their entitlement wall they whine because it has worked for them in the real world when they are trying to get attention or promote their agenda that Fluffy the Tarantula is really an emotional support animal and needs to run free on the plane while they fly, or they will sue.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLO7tCdBVrA
  • I know why they put in the battle royal. I just think it was a terrible idea. Oh, but they need something to test combat and other things. Siege is a better test for the MMORPG. Which came out 2 months later. I just don't approve of how they handled any of it. And it's not just me. Reddit, here, discord, big name content creators that focus on MMORPG all have criticized the decision. Why create something that'll get such huge negative feedback. I do believe they could of done everything they wanted without having apocalypse it's own mode and a battle royal and some would still be on their side, instead of causing such a huge uproar. I'm hoping they can resolve it, but they could of never been in this position to begin with.

Then there's the cosmetics. I like the price and limitation of the cosmetic shop but they're on the verge of releasing 300+ cosmetics before the game launches haha. Wtf are we going to do in the game for visual progression and cosmetics when you'll start with 300+ at level 1. Just, bad decision making on intrepids part, and I can see how it comes off a disingenuous. Nows the perfect time for them to address it and resolve all of this though. Because as soon as they start balancing apocalypse or adding anything that won't carry over into the game it'll cause even bigger issues and questions. Because if they don't release on time, everyone will look back on apocalypse and say, "well if they didn't focus on another game mode AoC would of been here".

They've had transparency on everything before. Nows a good time to ease everyone's concerns. 
    edited December 2018

Yeah, today has been an emotional battering of a day.

My PMA died this morning, so I doubt I'll be able to try to keep this thread under control.

Please, if there are any mods who can, kill this thread off, because I have no doubt that unless seriously staked, eventually it will rise again.

• Positive mental attitude :)
  • That makes more sense than my initial guess which was perfectly-manicured alligator.  If I went through the trouble to get an alligator’s nails done, and then it died, I’d be upset too.
  • Well, this is the most confusing thread....
  • This was an honest attempt by Megs to help gather negative and uninformed response from others and then answer them in a civil and instructional way. It went immediately to name calling and self justification of some of the post she had collected.

It was an honorable attempt, but like me, she gave the community too much credit for wanting to have civil discourse.
  • Azathoth said:
    This was an honest attempt by Megs to help gather negative and uninformed response from others and then answer them in a civil and instructional way. It went immediately to name calling and self justification of some of the post she had collected.

It was an honorable attempt, but like me, she gave the community too much credit for wanting to have civil discourse.
    Thanks for clearing it up @Azathoth totally out of it right now so my brain is working like a snail :relieved:
  • If at first you don't succeed...... deny all responsibility, burn all evidence and use the ensuing confusion as a cover for your escape.

I think we got away with it. :smiley:

AutumnLeaf said:
    Well, this is the most confusing thread....
  • Megs said:
    If at first you don't succeed...... deny all responsibility, burn all evidence and use the ensuing confusion as a cover for your escape.

I think we got away with it. :smiley:

AutumnLeaf said:
    Well, this is the most confusing thread....
    I like that line of thinking ;) 
  • @AutumnLeaf, anytime, I hope you get better! :heart:
  • Azathoth said:
    This was an honest attempt by Megs to help gather negative and uninformed response from others and then answer them in a civil and instructional way. It went immediately to name calling and self justification of some of the post she had collected.

I didn't see any name calling or negative responses what are you talking about?
    edited December 2018
    I personally believe that if you make a thread like this, with high chances of getting out of control, that you do have a small responsibility to the community to try to keep an eye on things.

Basically don't create a mess, lose interest in what's going on, and expect someone else to clean it all up.

Yesterday I had all positivity sucked out of me by a community member, someone unwilling even try to listen to someone else's point of view. 

This loooong disagreement took place out of sight in messaging.

While healthy brains can deal with stress and frustration in healthy ways, I don't have a healthy brain.  From experience I know that the knock on affect of spending a day stressing and in tears is likely to stick with me for long enough to prevent me from being able to give the support to this thread that it deserve d.

I wouldn't feel concerned about the details, best thing to do now is to let the thread die.