Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will it be free on launch & Will the beta be reset when it launchs

Just wondering. Originally thought the game was going to be a sub only game and ive been waiting for a long time.

Comments

• Welcome the community! The game will be free initially with a mandatory subscription each month after the initial free month expires. To the best of my knowledge Beta will be reset when the game launches.
  • Narys said:
    Welcome the community! The game will be free initially with a mandatory subscription each month after the initial free month expires. To the best of my knowledge Beta will be reset when the game launches.

Ah okay thanks for the help. Also free for the first month after launch and then a sub? I don't think i have ever heard of a mmo doing that before. I'm guessing the free beta time doesnt count as the month then right.
  • Just to be clear. We are talking about Apocalypse, not the mmo. The testing phase of Apocalypse will be wiped just before release on the 18th, and then will be in active "open beta." Apocalypse is a standalone "experience" that ties into the mmo, and will run up until launch of the mmo and beyond. Cosmetics earned in Apocalypse will be part of your overall Intrepid account (or My.com if EU) and can be used in the mmo.

If you were talking about the mmo. Testing for that hasn't yet entered its first alpha phase, but it also has been confirmed that a wipe of all progress will occur just before launch (and probably several during) and the intention is still for it to be a $15 monthly sub. Look for the mmo to enter live launch in almost exactly a year. (before 2020 is still the target date, but that may mean right up until 11:59 Dec 31st, 2019)
  • 11:59 Dec 31st would be one of the biggest jokes in the world yet if it happens
  • Narys said:
    Welcome the community! The game will be free initially with a mandatory subscription each month after the initial free month expires. To the best of my knowledge Beta will be reset when the game launches.

This is inaccurate.

The MMORPG is free to play, however, it requires a subscription to play.

What this means is there is no "box fee" so anyone can download it, but to play you pay, including the first month.  We've already been told there are no free trials planned at this time.   

Unless you can produce a citation that the first month is free.  
  • The game itself (mmo) will have a subscription on it only, the apocalypse is going to be free and ties directly to the mmo however it does not allow you to play the mmo itself.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    Jahlon said:
    Narys said:

This is inaccurate.

The MMORPG is free to play, however, it requires a subscription to play.

What this means is there is no "box fee" so anyone can download it, but to play you pay, including the first month.  We've already been told there are no free trials planned at this time.   

Unless you can produce a citation that the first month is free.  
    That is one of the most confusing things I've read. "The MMORPG is free to play, however; it requires a subscription to play?

The game is subscription based and is $15 a month. No need to over complicate things by saying it's free, however you have to pay.

@shadowr@ShadowRose
    The beta version of the game will indeed be wiped 
    server wipejpg
  • The MMORPG game will be a monthly subscription with no initial purchase cost (apart from the first month sub). There is no option to play for free.

The Apocalypse game will be free to play with a separate legendary quest line that will cost to take part. This game is essentially being used to gather test data for the MMORPG.