Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

New Website Incoming

Glorious Ashes Community,

The migration process for the new website will begin over the next 24 hours. During this process, the site will intermittently experience downtime.  Once the process has been completed I will notify you. ❤️

Comments

• i suppose complaining worked 
  • OMFG. I feel the love now steven and it burns SO GOOD! :smiley:

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    nagash said:
    i suppose complaining worked 
    Maybe we should do so more.
    Man oh man I wish nodes three would drop sometime in the next week or two its not like we have been waiting over a year          oh wait... :( .

P.S. Now that I think about it wouldn't it be cool if huge game features such as the fact there is naval combat, fishing and a 9th race among many other things mentioned on streams was somewhere to be found on the website, those are things that could totally bring in new people, right....    oh well. :p

• nagash said:
    I would call it suggestive remodeling or get rid of this crap and do it better.
    edited December 2018
    nagash said:
    I would call it suggestive remodeling or get rid of this crap and do it better.
    I was trying to be polite as my true views would get me banned
  • Now if only they could answer the questions posted on forums...
  • All we can hope is that things will change and news is posted to the forum at the same time, once I remember people would post things here after they appeared on the discord but even that doesn't happen anymore. 
  • Now if only they could answer the questions posted on forums...
    Lets hope the new CM will do that function.
  • OMFG. I feel the love now steven and it burns SO GOOD! :smiley:

I think your were in the sun for too long. The sun does that too you.
  • So do we get a "Survived the Second Forums" badge now?
  • I have not seen anything that says they are replacing the forums. Just the main site. These forums are an afterthought and most likely don't warrant them actually spending money to get new software or make them actually work.
  • I have not seen anything that says they are replacing the forums. Just the main site. These forums are an afterthought and most likely don't warrant them actually spending money to get new software or make them actually work.
    I prefer the forums then the discord. You can read posts at your leisure without the text scrolling on you all the time. If you check https://vanillaforums.com/en/plans/ you can see its a paid service.

• Rofl, it is also open-source freeware. Which one do you think we have?
    https://vanillaforums.com/en/software/

• Woohoooo!!!!
  • Are we not supposed to get forum badges and such that came with kick starter purchases. Hope some of that stuff gets implemented. 
    And I found the next thing to complain about it seems 
  • So is this new website for NA only and Europe needs to use my.com? Some further clarification on the role of my.com in regards to websites is required please.

NB: Perhaps I should ask this question in Discord?  :)  <3
  • Neomir said:
    So is this new website for NA only and Europe needs to use my.com? Some further clarification on the role of my.com in regards to websites is required please.

NB: Perhaps I should ask this question in Discord?  :)  <3
    where was that said? 
    edited December 2018
    nagash said:
    where was that said? 

It was not said, which is why I would like clarification. 

I would assume our accounts from the old site are migrated to the new site regardless of our residency. However at some point I would assume there will be a migration to my.com for Europeans as that had been mentioned in the past. I think it would be appropriate for someone from Intrepid to give clarification on the subject of migration of accounts for Europeans specifically.

• Neomir said:
    nagash said:
    where was that said? 

I would assume our accounts from the old site are migrated to the new site regardless of our residency. However at some point I would assume there will be a migration to my.com for Europeans as that had been mentioned in the past. I think it would be appropriate for someone from Intrepid to give clarification on the subject of migration of accounts for Europeans specifically.

agreed
  • I like how Steven called us glorious!
  • Neomir said:
    nagash said:
    where was that said? 

All accounts regardless of region will be migrated. EU users will have an option to migrate to the my.com site if they choose, this will be available before Alpha One. 
  • Even if we migrate do we still keep our accounts on the 'Intrepid' forums ? or will everything be brought over without exception ? 

I think dividing the forums is a pretty bad idea in any case.
  • So have the changes been made?
  • @nagash what you can't tell :D
  • Varkun said:
    @nagash what you can't tell :D
    You forget he has no eyeballs
    edited December 2018
    nagash said:
    So have the changes been made?
    I was expecting a better interface with some more buttons. Its not the 1st April is it.
    edited December 2018
    GMSteven said: All accounts regardless of region will be migrated. EU users will have an option to migrate to the my.com site if they choose, this will be available before Alpha One. 
    Thank you for replying directly!   <3

• So it was an update, not a new website? I dont know why im surprised anymore
  • nagash said:
    So it was an update, not a new website? I dont know why im surprised anymore
    I gotta at least say on the bright side we can at least assume since they put little to no effort into the website, they must be pooling all their resources into the MMO side of things. So on that note, if I am right, I am a mixture of happy and just MEH right now. What are your thoughts @UnknownSystemError ?