Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Armor styles

idk if they have talked about it but are they planning to keep armor styles the way they are like in the BR mode or more bulky looking for tanks? I hope they show more design for the different play styles ( tank, rogue, ranger etc) to give us a idea of what it’ll look like. 

Comments

• Options
    You mean like this. Then NO!!
    Image result for wow huge armor

• Options
    Are you asking if they have finished the artwork and animations for all the armor?
  • Options
    Azathoth said:
    Are you asking if they have finished the artwork and animations for all the armor?
    The answer to that would also me No!!
  • Options
    You mean like this. Then NO!!
    Image result for wow huge armor

No I mean like the plate armor you see in the br it seems flat and cloth like rather than strong and armor like 
  • Options

• Options
    Augentier said:

Are those on the website? I try to look everywhere but discord/ website/ forums is a large place to look so I figured I’d ask :p
  • Options
    The armour in the alpha right now isn't even close to what we will be getting in the MMORPG. It is a "high magic" or old school armour, which will be a cosmetic later I think. ;D
  • Options
    Damokles said:
    The armour in the alpha right now isn't even close to what we will be getting in the MMORPG. It is a "high magic" or old school armour, which will be a cosmetic later I think. ;D
    I’m happy with that just so much as when I have a tank class I look like I’m wearing nice armor that can take a hit and if I’m a ranger then I can wear nice leather etc :p I like the progress it has made so far and can’t wait until it is finished!
  • Options
    @philx
    Try the wiki: https://ashesofcreation.wiki
    Has all the information and pictures that were shown at some point with references. 

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    For those too lazy to go through the link:
    Humans : Medieval or Arabic
    Elfs : Roman or "wild" typical wood elf stile
    Dwarfs : typical dwarf or Polynesian tribal wear
    Orcs : American tribal wear with asian influences or mesopotamian stile
    (Don't ask me how mesopotamian stile would look like xD)
    Tulnar  we know nothing about them except that they will be made up out of three races 
    (One of those races will most likely be something like lizardpeople)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    Damokles said:
    For those too lazy to go through the link:
    Humans : Medieval or Arabic
    Elfs : Roman or "wild" typical wood elf stile
    Dwarfs : typical dwarf or Polynesian tribal wear
    Orcs : American tribal wear with asian influences or mesopotamian stile
    (Don't ask me how mesopotamian stile would look like xD)
    Tulnar  we know nothing about them except that they will be made up out of three races 
    (One of those races will most likely be something like lizardpeople)
    Mesopotamia would be arabic. I think you're mistaken. I think it is mayan style (edit: mesoamerican is the right word) for one of the orc races. We have a cosmetic example for this mayan style:

Also about the tulnar. While its true that they said that early on that it will be three different races they later said it would be 4 races. And at another point they said the tulnar are a mixture of all mayor and minor races, which would be more than 4. I guess we have to wait for more information.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help! I’ll look at the wiki to get ideas on what they are going to do