Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Microtransactions for cosmetics are totally ok

Why would you care about a shop with cosmetics anyway? It won't impact your gameplay, nobody will outperform you due to a fabulous cape/shirt etc anyway.

But with that said, there needs to be some type of balance with rewards, as in, cosmetic rewards in quests/pvp etc which isn't available in the shop and doesn't look terrible. 

Comments

• The problem comes when those "cosmetic only micro-transactions" can then be sold in the game for large sums of game currency which can then be used to buy the best gear, best mats, best enhancements, ect...

There-in lies the path to P2W.
  • Ilyanna said:
    The problem comes when those "cosmetic only micro-transactions" can then be sold in the game for large sums of game currency which can then be used to buy the best gear, best mats, best enhancements, ect...

And that's why you won't be able to sell cosmetics in game.
  • Like this thread much more than the similar thread with a "not".

@Craved
    About the Balance: they said that they are going to have a lot of cosmeticts obtainable in game which can't be bought over the shop.

@Ilyanna
    It was already stated that it will not be possible to trade cosmetics.
  • Ilyanna said:
    The problem comes when those "cosmetic only micro-transactions" can then be sold in the game for large sums of game currency which can then be used to buy the best gear, best mats, best enhancements, ect...

No worries you can not do that. 
  • The problem with cosmetics is that the best armor/art designs are using in the store and the ones gained in game are not nearly as cool looking. 
  • Craved said:
    Why would you care about a shop with cosmetics anyway? It won't impact your gameplay, nobody will outperform you due to a fabulous cape/shirt etc anyway.

But with that said, there needs to be some type of balance with rewards, as in, cosmetic rewards in quests/pvp etc which isn't available in the shop and doesn't look terrible. 
    Ya 100%. I have no issue with cosmetics in cash shops but i really hate when games put all the cosmetics in cash shops and maybe throw a couple randomly in game. I feel like there should be some kind of balance with it..

Even if there are a fair bit more in the cash shop. I think good drops, and quest rewards, that actually feel rewarding are important. And things that look good. People care how they look. Hopefully we at least get the option, because for me i have no issue spending money on a game i like but i also like to get things in game as well. 

I think WOW gets it better than most games with the number of in game mounts, quest rewards, drops, and transmog skins. Some that are hard to get. But i think many other games get this stuff wrong. BDO, ESO (especially with mounts), AA, and even GW2 in some ways.