Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

How do you guys handle your work/college lives with your gaming life?

Faeri PinkettFaeri Pinkett Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
This is a question for all of us college students, and working life people that can't seem to find time to do the things we love while juggling the tasks we're required to do?

Are you guys happy with how much time you are able to spend on games? Or do you find that you are unable to do most of what you wish you would be able to accomplish? Do you sometimes feel that your gaming habits take away from your real-life productivity?

2j50vmq.gif

Comments

• VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is a question for all of us college students, and working life people that can't seem to find time to do the things we love while juggling the tasks we're required to do?

Are you guys happy with how much time you are able to spend on games? Or do you find that you are unable to do most of what you wish you would be able to accomplish? Do you sometimes feel that your gaming habits take away from your real-life productivity?

Honestly as long as you just get shit done and dont procrastinate on everything then it's fine, I used to play 10+ hours per day, now I juggle work, studies and gaming at once and everything is fine :3
  • BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack

I was good at school so I had more time for gaming. But tests and exams should always come first, even if tis means taken a break from gaming!
  • Faeri PinkettFaeri Pinkett Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @autumnleaf are you still able to spend 10+ hours a day? Cause if so, wow!
    2j50vmq.gif
    @BCGiant Your correct, take a break for exams and things that are important.
    2j50vmq.gif
  • Hello and howdy over there.

I work and time my playing. I take some days where I play more and some days where focus on work and household. I just try to hold balance.^^

Greetings
    Ibarumarky
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @autumnleaf are you still able to spend 10+ hours a day? Cause if so, wow!

Yes I can, 10+ hours of studying xD I only play for around 3 hours now but well it pays off in the future at least c:
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    I am currently attending what is the equivalent to high school/college here in Denmark, as well as working. I've seen myself have a lot less time for games over the years, but I usually just play in the evening and attend school from the morning until the afternoon, I then work about 1-2 hours after school or go work out. It's pretty rough managing everything, but it's also a way for me to connect with friends and my bf, so I manage

I really wish I could be more hardcore when it comes to games and invest as much time into it as I used to back when I played wow, but I'm actually enjoying my life a lot at the moment. I like not JUST playing games and having other things keeping me active
    @Ibarumarky That's fair, if I was better at time management I would follow your lead!
    2j50vmq.gif
  • @Ibarumarky That's fair, if I was better at time management I would follow your lead!

I have a wonderful wife, so we share time together and also do our own stuff, but it's always important to stick together and enjoy the time together 😉
    @autumnleaf Ahh that's more in line with what I'm able to do.
    My boyfriend is able to play for at least 6-8 hours a day, but that's the difference between 100-200 level courses and 300-400. Yep! It'll pay off for us.
    2j50vmq.gif
    @Ibarumarky my boyfriend and myself mostly play games together, although I'll prob be playing mmos without him as he tends to dislike the genre. It's a great time for bonding, we also do dnd together - the sessions I'm in that he isn't he tends to spectate, and we're just two giant nerds together. Time spent together is time spent well.
    2j50vmq.gif
  • @Ibarumarky my boyfriend and myself mostly play games together, although I'll prob be playing mmos without him as he tends to dislike the genre. It's a great time for bonding, we also do dnd together - the sessions I'm in that he isn't he tends to spectate, and we're just two giant nerds together. Time spent together is time spent well.

Sadly my wife doesn't play games 😅 the only game see liked... was plants vs zombies ^^ so she supports me while I play and stream from time to time. She is patient 😜
    @Ibarumarky That's when you get her into the aspects of the game she can enjoy, character art - stories - images. So she can enjoy the games with you in her own way, even if she has no draw to playing it :)
    2j50vmq.gif
  • timbatimba Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well i think you need a good balance, to have fun ingame and inreallife.
    I can manage it :D.
  • gaeleathgaeleath Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have no problem combining Work with Gaming. I even got time left to spend on my wife.

The only thing i had to forfeit was having irl friends. :'(
    o5cyez1bnzal.gif
    @Timba I've had to sacrifice ALOT of the time I used to spend gaming, but I'm not exactly complaining. My overall quality of life has gone up immensely. (still sad I can't game as much though.)

@Gaeleath hi again! It's been a while, and dang. At least you have your wife for quality social interactions, and maybe online friends.
    2j50vmq.gif
    @Fairypinkett Well i think that s a normal progress of getting older :D.
  • @Fairypinkett I try. I tried many times but so far it isn't easy. Last time we played a little bit Mario kart on snes... She enraged a little bit 😅
  • ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It is not always about how much time you have it is always about how you use that time.
    When I was still going to school at certain times, I did not even go to class. And during other times I dropped games because I had to study. But the Raid always came first.
    BCGiant wrote: »
    When I was still going to school at certain times, I did not even go to class. And during other times I dropped games because I had to study. But the Raid always came first.

I was never in that struggle :D.
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Gaeleath wrote: »
    I have no problem combining Work with Gaming. I even got time left to spend on my wife.

The only thing i had to forfeit was having irl friends. :'(

Gaaaaaaeelll
    Timba wrote: »

why because u didnt go to school ? ziiiiinnnggggggg
  • cotukcotuk Member
    I combine university + self-study + part-time work + gaming\watching something.
    Result is 5-7 hours of gaming + 1-4 hours for watching something. Im fine with my schedule so far. Having no gf and irl friends (all my friends in other countries) really helps :D .
    2a0jptg.png
    Timba wrote: »

why because u didnt go to school ? ziiiiinnnggggggg

I was but i have very strict parents lol xD, and when i sart studying there was no game which made me addicted ^^
    @CoTuK Used to live that life, can't say I miss it. (The lack of IRL) but games are a good replacement.
    @Timba I kind of wished I had the structure of strict parents. I feel like I suffer in life from not knowing how to manage myself efficiently.
    2j50vmq.gif
    @Fairypinkett Well my partents told me: You want to play, so you have to work for it xD, cleaning dishes for 30 mins = playing for 30 mins ;D.
    Sadly I wish it held up, if I cleaned for 10 hours I get to play for 10 hours. :(
    2j50vmq.gif
    :D, first school then work then play time :/
  • WiplasherWiplasher Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty
    I usually only have the availability now to play games 3 months out of the year. Really stinks but part of being an adult.