Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Any chance of a light mode for the forums/blog?

trivialtrivial Member, Founder, Kickstarter
Question's in the title. I struggle to read light writing on a dark background. Would love to see a light mode sometime in the future.

Comments

• VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    For a second I thought you wanted the light mode for pure aesthetic reasons and I was about to question your very existance, but yeah there should be a light mode for some people who stuggle with reading the current version.
  • timbatimba Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes please.
  • BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    I would not mind a light version!
  • timbatimba Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Not a light version, maybe a version for more eye-friendly contrasts :D.
  • MiloiraMiloira Member
    edited April 2019
    @trivialparoxysm When I open the forum on my android chrome, it opens it in a white background mode for me, I have to switch to desktop site to get the black background, maybe this helps you for awhile until they make it an option for pc
    Miloira.gif
  • Hiya - thanks for sharing your feedback on wanting to see a light theme; I'll do some investigating to see if there's a way we can provide you multiple style choices!

I believe there are also some handy-dandy extensions made by amazing community members that allow you to have more control over the style so you can adjust it to your liking - maybe someone else can chime in with an option like that for you!
    community_management.gif
  • CeiventCeivent Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    @trivialparoxysm i know is way is kinda a hassle but the mobile version is a Light version.
  • BelewynBelewyn Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @tugowar is this something that your forum browser extension does currently sir?
    9ZFgGjR.png
  • tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes, although it still needs updating

Virtue is the only good.
  • tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well great news, I have updated the extension now, and 2.0.0 is being published on Chrome and Firefox. One of the benefits of my extension (over say other extensions) is that it is very easy to mod new themes! Right now, I updated the wider background and no background image themes. I'll work on updating the light or high contrast theme later.

Thanks!

Virtue is the only good.