Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Improving the forums - now you can add subforum navigation, hiding/toggling side bar, and more

tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
Heyyy,

I have updated the forum extension! Thank you everyone who uses it; it doesn’t benefit me at all, but it is awesome to make stuff people like!

Chrome - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tugowars-ashes-of-creatio/ipcbkcimilchkaopmepofdnnfgkmeehd/related?hl=en-US&gl=US

Firefox - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tugowar-ashes-of-creation-mod/?src=search

All source code is publicly available and has been vetted!

This forum extension is all about giving you options! Once you have installed the extension, you can easily edit the options on the bottom right of any page by clicking on "Edit the Extension Options".

Some of the useful features include:

- Subforum navigation
- Back to top button!
- Signatures
   - Show or hide signatures by default
    - On a single page, you can toggle signatures off and on with Ctrl + S
- Color highlights for Staff (purple), Usernames (the yellow/orange, not gray), and Bookmarks (red)
- Themes
    - By default, it will turn on a full width theme with the same background image
    - Full width theme with no background image
    - More themes will be added soon for light or high-contrast
- Choose whether to show sidebar or promoted posts - But you can always toggle them on with Ctrl + R!

You have to turn on many features in the options!

I'd love your feedback!

-tugowar

Virtue is the only good.

Comments

• tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    subforums.PNG

toggle-signatures.PNG

wider-with-no-background-staff-color.PNG

wider-with-no-sidebar.PNG

shortcut-to-options.PNG

options.PNG

Virtue is the only good.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As always tug you work wonders ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • KriddonKriddon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thanks @tugowar for this quality extensions. I'm sure the community will appreciate it. :)
  • GRACIAS AMIGO!!
    Guildhart-Sig.png
  • XombieXombie Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    BEAUUUUUUUTIFUL!
    giphy.gif
    Thanks guys! If you have experience with CSS, it’s very easy to make themes by overriding the forums classes with custom classes.

I’ll try to add more themes later too.

Virtue is the only good.
  • bluesmokebluesmoke Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Thanks - again!
    - Added a back to top button
    - Fixed an issue where the side bar was being removed on your profile, badge and message pages
    - Added a new "Small Impact" theme, which I have made the default theme. This adds the quality of life improvements without changing the functionality of the site. People have to go into extension options to make those changes.
    - Fixed a permission warning about reading browsing history (which we were never doing!).

Virtue is the only good.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    the back to top button is a really great idea not sure they didn't have it to begin with
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • poisonzpoisonz Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    ty you sir for removing this pointless thang... lq2BXZ9.png
    right @MargaretKrohn best work coming from this dude 11/10
    AhuZFn7.gif
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    nagash wrote: »
    the back to top button is a really great idea not sure they didn't have it to begin with

No, they did not have it in the previous forums, and I kept suggesting that they have one. Glad they listened.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

elf wrote: »
    nagash wrote: »

No, they did not have it in the previous forums, and I kept suggesting that they have one. Glad they listened.

My forum extension adds it!

Virtue is the only good.
  • saeyoprayerssaeyoprayers Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    Awesome work bro
    tFNq7Hx.gif
    Thanks @saeyoprayers !

Virtue is the only good.