Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

How many hours are you planning on putting into the MMORPG

Pretty much title, just wondering how many no-lifers we got on our hands. Comment down below how hard you're gonna go when Ashes of Creation launches.

A) I have a life! 5 hrs/week
B ) I'm a gamer 10 hrs/week
C) I like to play video games 20 hrs/week
D) I'm a professional gamer 40 hrs/week
E) I have no life 60 hrs/week
F) I'm a basement dweller 80 hrs/week
G) DID YOU TAKE MY MOUNTAIN DEW! LET ME SMELL YOUR BREATH 100 hrs/week
H) I'm anti-social 120 hrs/week
I) Other
dEbtg6Q.jpg
He's a phantom | twitch.tv/dphantomtv

Comments

• GumdropsGumdrops Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    I) 170/week
    Reminder to stay on topic
  • BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    I used to do 24/7 during my college years but with a full-time job and RL stuff, I can do 20+ hours during the week that is 4-5 a night and 25 on the weekend. Since I have to work on my health, I won't skip the gym or sleep less than 6 hours just to do a no life grind.
  • WonderboyWonderboy Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    During working weeks C, during non-working weeks probably E.
  • ailericaileric Member
    edited April 2019
    Lowe1608 wrote: »
    I) 170/week

Slack ... that's not even 110%
  • ScythaScytha Member, Intrepid Pack
    6-8 hours on working days, 14+ on non working days. At least for the first few months anyway.
    So I guess E, close to F.

But I will take time off during launch for some G.
  • JjampongJjampong Member
    edited April 2019
    Probably between C and D, Although if I'm free from work, I wish anyone who'd try the best of luck trying to drag me away from the computer ^^
    Signature-Community-Coordinator.gif?ex=6602ea67&is=65f07567&hm=5ccf436d8d607f426cbddd409428e9c1bd5395aba12fe34a1546a571791e2af1&=
    [EU] Hand of Unity | PVX | Semi-Hardcore/Hardcore | Family
    We are still recruiting. Come and have a chat with us at our Discord!
  • the rest of my Life
    Unschuld gibt es nicht, es gibt nur unterschiedliche Facetten der Schuld.
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I will probably only be able to get 9-15 a week, every other week. Maybe 3-4 on the alternating weekends. So, most likely no more than 24-38 a month...

I do plan on playing for quite some time, so I am sure I will get my investment back in time well spent. I will likely cycle through several main characters before I find one I am willing to invest more than 20 or so hours in.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Most likely D with 5-6hours daylie :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • URanu5URanu5 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    G - And that's the opening week
    planet-uranus.jpg
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    about 10 hours a week if I can mind you really life never seems to let me any more
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • burnthefernburnthefern Member, Settler, Alpha One
    Depends on where I'm at with my education and if I'm single or not when AoC drops. I'll definitely hit B, but I'd like to be closer to C.
  • poisonzpoisonz Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I) Other

A... lot
    AhuZFn7.gif
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    E-F Video games are the full extent of my social life.
    The first couple weeks I plan on taking some PTO and push the 120-130 hours per week
    k2U15J3.png
  • CeiventCeivent Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    i'd like to at least play enough to get a 1$ : 2/3 hour ratio in the amount I've put in.
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Depending on where life is at the time work etc 7 to 8 hours through the working week and 14 to 16 hours per day on the weekend. I can run on less sleep for a few months :D
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • ShadowCreptShadowCrept Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Planning on taking a month off of work when Launch coems around,(hopefully) if not 2 weeks at Min, planning on playing the first few days straight no sleep, followed by 14-18hrs a day after that depending on where i work when i start back up, anywhere from 8-12 hrs a day
    on days off prob 18hrs atleast
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    Not going crazy with AOC, gonna take my time and enjoy everything. Stop along the way and take in the beauty of the world. I'm finally at a stage (age wise) and in gaming to know not to ruin the experience by mindlessly clicking through quest dialogue and rushing to max.
    I'll play when I can and enjoy every minute. So if I'm still level 10 3 years from now it's because I'm playing my way and taking it all in.
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I've forgone marriage and children so when the moment comes, I can quit my job and devote all my time to gaming.

I've been slowly hording gold tooth filings I've pried from the mouths of my enemies to live on.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Saving ETO now for a solid 2 weeks of game play. Probably wait a few weeks after launch to pull that off without server issues.

...not that I am expecting any...
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • dphantomtvdphantomtv Member, Alpha One
    poisonz wrote: »
    I) Other

A... lot

This scares me
    dEbtg6Q.jpg
    He's a phantom | twitch.tv/dphantomtv
  • EvilPeppardEvilPeppard Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As much as I can, which equates to somewhere between 'C' and 'D'; around 25-30 hours per week.
  • whitedude31whitedude31 Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I work 12 hours a day, 4 days a week, but typically have almost nothing but paying a few bills every week, so . . . 30-40 hours a week

The one thing that may get in the way every week is eating, sleeping, and anime
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    16-18 hours a day at launch.

Throttle back to 12-14 hours after hitting level cap

Throttle back again to 8 hours a day for several months
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • FulltimeWifeFulltimeWife Member, Intrepid Pack
    between D and E.
    and G at launch xdd
    going to be -Make Love, Not Warcraft-
    wxkas80nggsz.gif
  • im thinking of dropping some leave to play on the day it comes out and after that.so ill do I in 2 days
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    first couple weeks after launch I don't foresee getting much sleep
    k2U15J3.png
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My goal is between C and D ~20-40 a week. Might take some time off early on to get my character going.
  • D-E
    c8Ft6ax.png
  • sivannasivanna Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Do I need to factor in AFK time? Or time I spend doing game stuff not in game ( like spreadsheets for breeding)? I often have to get up for mom reasons and forget I left my game logged in..

So somewhere between C and D