Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

If You Could Get One Thing Added to AOC...

Comments

• ShadowCreptShadowCrept Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    **** Ofc...
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    **** Ofc...

Oh my
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    <3

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ara Ara ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    Ayaya
  • Ability to gain skills in the world (talking combat skills not just recipes or life skills) like you could in AoW (you could get boss dungeon skills (be like a mini boss), skills from other classes (rogue running around with shields), ect... But that's completely against their current game design, so... A wide variety on Animation/VFX available in-game and in cash shop (so if there is a boxing style combat you could change the way it looked to a kicking style combat).
    Guildhart-Sig.png
    @guildart alittle false, about the rouges running around with sheilds lol yes u can do that with no skills needed idk if a shield skill will be able to be learned by that said rouge tho so i know where ur coming from
    but that Boxing to Kicking combat change would be really cool
  • Karthos wrote: »
    Steven comes to you and one time only, you get to suggest a single idea to be included into Ashes. 100% it's getting in the game. What do you tell him?

I enjoy crafting a lot, i would like to see a crafting system that is not just >>find the recipe and gather the materials to create this epic two handed axe<< but more a >>do a quest that teaches you to craft a generic two handed axe. Then read a text in a library about a way to process iron to steel. Then visit the forest faeries to enchant some magic jewels. after you get back to your forge, you realize the way you have to add the jewels to the pommel instead of the blade. Because you know that the magic jewels socketed in pommels increase magic powers instead of brute physical force.<<

I'd like to get lost in a system like that. a fluid, creative system. A system that reward you for trying new things, exploring the world and being invested.

sry bad englado, no native speaker
    dmkw
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The posibility to become a god and estabilish your own domain, inside the domain you are nigh untouchable and a few players who become 'god characters' get a council where they can vote on things for ideas for the game with the devs in an in-gmae conference.

God characters get avatars that act as their character in the mortal world.

That would be fucking cool.

Oh and great lore of course, nothing beats great lore.
  • grisugrisu Member
    API support for parsers
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • AtliAtli Member, Warrior of Old
    Destructible and repairable environment (give all those people wanting to play a druid something to do while us Dwarves delve!)
    jgyClWy.jpg
  • GemiiChanGemiiChan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    a marshmellow cat-head pet with sparkling effects and bouncing animations! >.>;
    4Ts5BFf.gif
    gemiichan wrote: »

hyl9LI1.jpg
    jgyClWy.jpg
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Yes in all of its glorious sparklyness c:
  • MatzeO wrote: »
    I enjoy crafting a lot, i would like to see a crafting system that is not just >>find the recipe and gather the materials to create this epic two handed axe<< but more a >>do a quest that teaches you to craft a generic two handed axe. Then read a text in a library about a way to process iron to steel. Then visit the forest faeries to enchant some magic jewels. after you get back to your forge, you realize the way you have to add the jewels to the pommel instead of the blade. Because you know that the magic jewels socketed in pommels increase magic powers instead of brute physical force.<<

I'd like to get lost in a system like that. a fluid, creative system. A system that reward you for trying new things, exploring the world and being invested.

This is definitely an interesting route to go down, @MatzeO - and I can think of a few ways that might work within Ashes of Creation! For example, one of the "unique buildings" that a Scientific Node gets is the Library - while it may give you access to server history and different crafting methods, what if it also secretly contained other bits of info you had to read more into to discover hidden techniques?
    community_management.gif
  • XaqXaq Member
    edited April 2019
    A web-based skilltree like Path of Exile
    First-Person support like ESO
    VR support
    Undead races like WOW
    Vampirism
    Whip weapons like Dark Souls
    epicyclic-gearing.svg?attachauth=ANoY7cpK6Jv1o0y0t7hfFX6Y2-hKeshSuFPC1VWB6IEbf91bbLwAFVArWNynWgAcxjeldyCkhxYv8N87pknR7hx33NP9_3JUjsm-euCdcgF7TlicOXqqK_McPd4o_PhQaHEtPhyT1hAL7vqAX56ETVZ-VJVlITTAMK6I93LGvSoVYAI1fW72YI-LM7axwxaHwJsl00l0_PZsH3394JxadIWq-G_4bWKiQghQj6y3nQkj8qYhXOt6w1k%3D&attredirects=0
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ioun stones they would look so cool hovering around your head. For those who never played D&D they were small migical gem like crystals that orbited around your head and gave you magical abilities or stat bonuses. Why have such things because they would look cool.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Headpat emote <3
    edited April 2019
    teyloune wrote: »
    Headpat emote <3

@teyloune And stomach rub at the same time?? I can back that.
    jgyClWy.jpg
  • TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Atli wrote: »
    teyloune wrote: »
    Headpat emote <3

And stomach rub at the same time?? I can back that.

yes please! o:)
  • MatzeO wrote: »
    Karthos wrote: »
    Steven comes to you and one time only, you get to suggest a single idea to be included into Ashes. 100% it's getting in the game. What do you tell him?

I'd really like this too!
    "If you lose sight of something, the only person who can find it again is you"
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ample inventory for all my crafting needs and gear.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Rem_Rem_ Member
    heccin sweet doggos and kitties to pet uwu
    Poko.png
  • burnthefernburnthefern Member, Settler, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    I'd love to see a dungeon tower system, but in the form of an underground dungeon with multiple levels to descend down into. This 'tower' would scale to the number of people in the party, from solo to raid, and would be nearly infinite. Each level getting much more difficult in the form of mechanics, not just a stat wall, so that it's really based on skill. Have the deeper you go reward you better items, only the most legendary of players will reach the deepest depths and bring back the insane loot that lies within. Writing it out, it kind of makes me think of diablo greater rifts, but I feel like those lean too heavily on stats rather than pure skill.
  • dphantomtvdphantomtv Member, Alpha One
    Sandals that are stronk!
    dEbtg6Q.jpg
    He's a phantom | twitch.tv/dphantomtv
  • Lightsabers...
    ~Simus Deathmax
  • WizardTimWizardTim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Either an underworld system (werewolves, vampires, other supernatural players that have to remain hidden or be hunted by all players everywhere), or an assassination system.

Frankly AoC has a lot of systems I had been plotting out for my dream MMO already in it. So I've given the following system a ton of thought.

Renown/Infamy. A system where a player creates a noble bloodline and essentially becomes a lord over a small type of guild called a house. That player and members of his house gain renown in addition to the experience they get for completing quests. The more renown they aquire, the more they can purchase with it. This leads to the house obtaining an estate and a even a village of their own.

Assassination would be the counter to this. A player wishing to be an assassin would attempt to kill the lord or any member of his family, and earn infamy by essentially stealing the house's renown. Infamy would be used to buy items in a sort of black market, as well as be a badge of honor.

Bounty Hunters would then be able to track down assassins and kill them to convert that infamy into simple gold. They could potentially be hired by the house wronged by the assassin and get double the gold while returning some renown back to the house (blood for blood style). If a member of the house does the work themselves, more renown is recovered.
  • GemiiChanGemiiChan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    Autumnleaf wrote: »

Yes in all of its glorious sparklyness c:

Did you just become my favorite person?! :O <3
    Atli wrote: »

hyl9LI1.jpg

:( STAPH BEING SELFISH!!! I already gave up being cute and small...LET ME HAVE THIS!!!! T_T
    4Ts5BFf.gif
  • S3V3NTHS3V3NTH Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    shothi wrote: »
    blood and gore, ratings be gone.

Would love to have that added or the option to turn it on and off.