Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

The Butchered Mermaid [underground tavern]

HexcatHexcat Member
edited April 2019 in Role-Playing Tavern
If You Don't Tell, Neither We
Welcome fellas to The Butchered Mermaid, not your average underground tavern, no no no no no, here we pride ourselves to give our clients the best that the low part of the city can offer, a comfy sofa coming from some old aristocrat house, a good and hot stew, just don't ask where we get the meat, the best ale and mead a house brewing can make, and if you're selling, buying, working on or looking for something unique and special *whispers* but that maybe it could be a little out of the legal possibilities *stops whispers* here's is the place!!!!
Oh my..my..where are my manners?, Im Lumbermark, but my clients can call me Nesbo
Come in and enjoy...at your own risk...

_mangled_mermaid__interior_by_vorpallover_d4qkpit-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTg5IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYzRkOGU5OTEtNTg5MS00M2VkLTk0NmMtZmUzYjk1ZWU0NmE1XC9kNHFrcGl0LWEyMDE1ZDFkLTFmNWItNDBkMC04OWJkLWM2MTNjYzFkYWQwMy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTYwMCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.KT2K_e-Uu6OJbAyqZ_21-yEdQcNuS1B62jcFft94CCs
giphy.gif

Comments

• AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Lumbermark, congrats! A place where I can sit among those with chaos and evil in their minds.
    I am happy to be your first client, and do you rent rooms long term?
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • @azathoth we usually don't make long term contracts, but a fellow comrade is always welcome to stay as long as he wants...for the right price of course...*rubs his hands expectantly* hehehe...
    Would you like to pay in coins or in kind good sir?
    giphy.gif
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hello, straight to the point give me the best tea you have preferably green, and I might not take your soul in return good sir c:
  • Oh no no no no no Mr @autumnleaf we have a strict policy about taking souls inside our stablishment , but here, a nice peach tea straigth from the Kings wearehouse , the best of the best, please enjoy :wink:
    giphy.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I will have a cup of breakfast tea please
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Aaaaah...master @nagash welcome, welcome, of course,let me tempt you with a special tea of roses, straight from the goddess of love temple, 2 teaspoons of honey? :smile:
    giphy.gif
    Lumbermark wrote: »
    Aaaaah...master @nagash welcome, welcome, of course,let me tempt you with a special tea of roses, straight from the goddess of love temple, 2 teaspoons of honey? :smile:

did I stutter?

a cup of breakfast tea, please
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Of course, of course master @nagash , my deepest apologies, here, the good traditional breakfast tea, by the way...*whispers* certain young baron from the richest district has asked for some items that I have been struggling to put my claws on, things that I'm sure someone of your...line of work...could aquire easly, maybe we can talk later about an arrangement...60/40 in your favor perhaps?...
    giphy.gif
    I'll pay in coin, it's better for your establishment, although an occasional deed done here and there can't hurt. All said, it wasn't my coin this morning so why should it be mine this evening.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    Oh no no no no no Mr @autumnleaf we have a strict policy about taking souls inside our stablishment , but here, a nice peach tea straigth from the Kings wearehouse , the best of the best, please enjoy :wink:

I'll forgive you for giving me peach tea only because it's nice but next time ill just take a green tea with a spice of a particular soul instead, so let's make sure there is no next time friend c:
  • dustdust Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Aaaaah...master @nagash welcome, welcome, of course, let me tempt you with a special tea of roses, straight from the goddess of love temple, 2 teaspoons of honey? :smile:

I'll gladly take that "tea of roses" of your hands. I wouldn't want you to get caught with stolen goods... from the temple no less. *lays his coin on the bar with a friendly grin.*
    GS_REX_Sig_mid.png
  • azathoth wrote: »
    I'll pay in coin, it's better for your establishment, although an occasional deed done here and there can't hurt. All said, it wasn't my coin this morning so why should it be mine this evening.

A lot of thanks sir, I'm sure our rooms will be of your entire satisfaction, if there's anything you need just ask for it :#
    giphy.gif
  • HexcatHexcat Member
    edited April 2019
    Aaah...a new customer, please mr @Dust enjoy your time in my humble establishment *the coin quickly disappears, almost by magic* can I offer you anything to eat with your tea? :#
    giphy.gif
  • I hear that a cargo of some high quality green tea is going to arrive to the city soon, it will be my pleasure to... borrow some of it so we can have a reservoir always ready for you Mr @Autumnleaf , leave it in my claws :#
    giphy.gif
  • dustdust Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I do enjoy some nice haggis but I would want to ask where the meat came from. *Gives the @Lumbermark a knowing look* Ill have the sausage!
    GS_REX_Sig_mid.png
    *rubs a boney finger across the table* I've drank in worse place, still dave clean this up and start making me a tomb oh and make a grave for your self
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Dust wrote: »
    I do enjoy some nice haggis but I would want to ask where the meat came from. *Gives the @Lumbermark a knowing look* Ill have the sausage!

Working on it sir, one of our specialties, blood sausage, careful, it may be spicy :#
    giphy.gif
    I hear that a cargo of some high quality green tea is going to arrive to the city soon, it will be my pleasure to... borrow some of it so we can have a reservoir always ready for you Mr @Autumnleaf , leave it in my claws :#

That would be acceptable, *extends a hand with a small glowing wisp* a little something for the trouble.
    nagash wrote: »
    *rubs a boney finger across the table* I've drank in worse place, still dave clean this up and start making me a tomb oh and make a grave for your self

I had Dave's bones enchanted so let's hope he can deal with your tomb no.xxx as quickly as possible.
    Autumnleaf wrote: »

I had Dave's bones enchanted so let's hope he can deal with your tomb no.xxx as quickly as possible.

why? his bones are some of the best of any undead. hell the only fall to mine
    nJ0vUSm.gif

Autumnleaf wrote: »

why? his bones are some of the best of any undead. hell the only fall to mine

Because I like efficiency, cant make it worse but can make it better c:
    Actually, what this place needs is a solid reliable mindless servant.
    Perhaps we can make a trade @nagash, a shipment of unmarked grave tea for a bones-only bus boy?
  • Ummmm ... I may have a solution for the lack of personnel, I tend to reach some of the less fortunate here and there, for my misfortune one or two can not keep up with the payments, and they know they do not have the best kind of experience on the street, maybe they can serve my clients to pay their debts with work, but I need them to be submissive, like, the kind of submission that comes with brainwashing hehehe, that would be very useful do you think mr @nagash, mr @Autumnleaf, mr @azathoth ??? By the way, master @nagash, feel free to use our backyard or the basement for your rooms, there is a plenty of space :#
    giphy.gif
  • *three people suddenly enter the bar, two men, one women, all weearing the same attire, the one on the rigth has a scythe, in the left the woman wields a cane and the middle one, the tallest, has some kind of sharp metal claws *
    Aaah...fellas...gladly to see you're back, safe and in one piece
    *they come near to the bar and each one puts an item on it, a bottle full of some kind of liquid, a ring made of gold with a red stone in the middle, and three fingers*
    oh my oh my, lets check this *pulls out a monocle that has a purple crystal and takes the bottle* ok ok a good sample *puts it down the bar then takes the ring* ummm...exactly what the client asked *puts it down along with the bottle and then takes the fingers * ok...now for the big one...*takes a little more time cheking these ones* aaah...yes yes yes...sublime...*this ones go directly into a little chest alongside the liquor bottles* excelent job, comrades, the coins are going to be here tomorrow at firts hour in the morning you know how this work, go do the paperwork and we all going to get our well earned reward
    *the trio goes upstairs without saying a word*
    giphy.gif
    I think a brainwashed unfortunate here or there to serve warm bread, soup, and ale (or tea) wouldn't be so bad. At least they would be a bit livelier than a collection of bones and arcana.

I notice the barkeep is growing clientele and collecting an assortment or precious stone rarities. With the type of company kept here, a brainwashed soldier could be of benefit too.

I of course would be willing to toss in a gem from a realm far away for couple blind idiots to beat on some drums and play a flute or two.
    I heard of this guy @Damokles he's not a triangle player but his bagpipes should do, give him something to salivate over like magical bagpipes and he'll play a tune or two perhaps c:
  • FulltimeWifeFulltimeWife Member, Intrepid Pack
    Is Mermaid meat like beef or fish ? Or half-half :o
    wxkas80nggsz.gif
    Easylife wrote: »

Why would it be beef ?!
  • Easylife wrote: »

you're asking for one of the rarest meat in the world sir, imagine something between the bitterness of the frog and the delicious lobster, its something like that :#
    giphy.gif
  • FulltimeWifeFulltimeWife Member, Intrepid Pack
    sounds great !
    wxkas80nggsz.gif