Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream - Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 11AM PDT

MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
edited May 2019 in Announcements
2019_04_30_LiveStream_-_Social_Media_Post_Asset.png

Our next live stream will be Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 11AM PDT! https://www.twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
Convert this to your local time here.

In the meantime, check out the community streams our CEO was on!

Edit:

In case you missed it, our Building Technology Live Stream video is up on our YouTube channel!

https://youtu.be/uO1mbuVTysk
marketing.gif

Comments

• Fantastic!
    Forgive and you will free yourself. Peace be with you all.
  • great \o/
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can't wait.
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    Awesome~! <3<3<3 Glad to see that the monthly live stream are staying on track~ Amazing turn around in the clarity and stuff with you guys <3 Keep up the amazing work c:
    Poko.png
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Neat!
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    please be summoner info, please be summoner info, please be summoner info
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • timbatimba Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    ^_______________________________________________________^
    Is there an Q&A? Where can i post my questions :D.
    Nagash wrote: »

Some mage info wont hurt either.
  • timba wrote: »
    ^_______________________________________________________^
    Is there an Q&A? Where can i post my questions :D.

yep, would like to know the same. @MargaretKrohn
    dmkw
  • ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @MargaretKrohn I do understand you are based in California, but you have a global audience. Could you not include more time zones in your announcements?
    neomir wrote: »
    @MargaretKrohn I do understand you are based in California, but you have a global audience. Could you not include more time zones in your announcements?

that does cover the EU and NA time zones which is better than it used to where it was just the NA
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    edited April 2019
    @Nagash sorry i think you misunderstood. I didn't mean the timing of the live stream, although I do agree with you it is much better than before when the live stream would be very late evening for Europe.

What I meant was in the announcement it states "11am - 12pm Pacific". To make us feel a little more included outside of America I am suggesting the times are announced in multiple time zones (at least the major time zones), or use UTC - Universal Time Coordinated. Not sure if many know what that is or how to convert to local time though :grin:

• @neomir The original post has been updated with a link where it will automatically convert to your local time!
    community_management.gif
    @LieutenantToast thanks but my point was more about making your announcements feel more inclusive by adding times zones of your wider audience rather than the technicality of converting the time zone :wink:

I am just happy it is a time where I can watch it live, so I will shut up! :smile:
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    neomir wrote: »
    @LieutenantToast thanks but my point was more about making your announcements feel more inclusive by adding times zones of your wider audience rather than the technicality of converting the time zone :wink:

I am just happy it is a time where I can watch it live, so I will shut up! :smile:

They are a West Coast NA company, so their times will be in West Coast NA Times.

If they add "more" time zones, then without a doubt someone will feel not included.

I mean FFS Americans don't ever reference Mountain Time. We do PDT/CDT/EDT and we let the Mountain time people figure it out.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
    I was going to shut up but I feel obliged to reply. Read my post again I said major time zones.
  • @jahlon I'm thinking that @neomir means zone including Europe since there seems to be a large European group here. If I recall correctly @Nagash leads a portion of said group.
    Also as a "content creator" I wish you'd use I more professional tone on more permanent posts by Intrepid. Comments such as yours come off as classic stereotypical bigot American. Take note that the internet is not just American.
    V/R
    An American
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    nick10281 wrote: »
    @jahlon I'm thinking that @neomir means zone including Europe since there seems to be a large European group here. If I recall correctly @Nagash leads a portion of said group.
    Also as a "content creator" I wish you'd use I more professional tone on more permanent posts by Intrepid. Comments such as yours come off as classic stereotypical bigot American. Take note that the internet is not just American.
    V/R
    An American

Hmmm

bigot: a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

I'm not intolerant of other opinions, I'm intolerant of things that make no sense. They publish a single time zone, local time. I don't think its too much to ask for people to put a little effort into figuring out the +/- difference for their time zone.

My time = Intrepid Time +2. Not that difficult.

I guess some people need everything spoon fed to them. That is a fine opinion to have. Its not one that I share.

If you really struggle with this, you can set up a personal time clock like this one:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personal.html?cities=770,64,179,136,168,16,196,47

and then you can watch for when the timer rolls over.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
    edited April 2019
    All I have to do is search up "11 AM PST" and there I have google showing me the same time but in my time zone. Let's not make a big deal out of it guys.
  • Yeah sure you can be right in that aspect but "ffs" you need to do better as a content creator and representative of the community rather than shut down someone and then kick them. That's both unprofessional and childish. It also makes Intrepid look a little bad from a community aspect.

The person is requesting that the brand/game appeal more globally rather than nationally. So the request isnt just about the time zones. It's also marketing. Saying American time zones though not shown immediately puts it as an American game. If the game/company are conducting themselves in the manner of global marketing the addition of global time zones would appeal more to the global market. What @neomir is requesting is that Intrepid change the tune just a little to include the global audience of gamers they have attracted. Hence the feeling more inclusive. Example I'm sure a vast majority of us have experienced is being a part of a group in school talking in a circle, the popular kid is talking to everyone but only to the people in the circle. Those who got the outer rings can hear but dont feel invited. Even if it was for everyone. That's a lame example but one I'm sure many can relate to. Thank you for coming to my Ted talk.
    Thanks @nick10281 you understood and explained my intentions so much better :)

@LieutenantToast was gracious enough to add a time zone website to the initial post which i am grateful for because even though i am quite capable of working out a timezone a lot of people struggle with it. It is fantastic the live streams are held at a time Europeans can watch live, this wasnt always the case, but again i am grateful this has changed,

The my.com issue has not gone away for many Europeans and although several live streams ago an update on this was mentioned there has been nothing since. The apathy towards the game is disappointing to see amongst my friends and the European gaming community generally, at least what i am witnessing others would no doubt argue differently.

I don't want to be negative, i believe in this project, i would not have sunk money into it if i didn't. There is time to turn this around, i have no doubt it will, but lets start now and make Ashes feel more global. I don't just mean just Europe, but Oceania too.

#makeaocgreatagain

Not sure why I was called into this but I do get your point. it would be nice and not too much effort for a multimillion dollar company that was crowdfunded from people around the world to add different times in their posts for people. but hey Im just being entitled
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• sikubasikuba Member
    edited April 2019
    TBH I think the conversion link is the most practical. Company local time + conversion link right under it is minimal and efficient. The only improvement would be to embed the converter windows into the post and have it show local time automatically, but that would take an amount of effort that would entirely defeat the purpose anyway.
    But a pox on reason!

We shall dither in bliss
    as if naught were amiss
    and as slowly we wither away!

You may call us insane
    but we love the inane
    and we're certain you'll join us someday!
  • ZiiZii Moderator, Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    looking forward too it :)
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • sylsyl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Looking forward to the stream :smiley: . I'm glad I can follow it (8PM here).
    forum_sig2.png
    Come take a look at ashesofcreation.wiki!
  • Nagash wrote: »
    Please be bard info, please be bard info and skills too :'(
    sunterra wrote: »

indeed. I really just want to see the other class types
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• malgusmalgus Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    can't wait been following this project for 2 years i'm so looking for alpha 1
    Malgus_Carnyx.png?ex=6589b5fa&is=657740fa&hm=6165ef5455c2f25cb0ac93e39a9f24f652e13d9c02da2b5810117d6852c591f2&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=1919&height=150
  • malgusmalgus Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One

you and me both really curious about nercro since I have both nercro sets
    Malgus_Carnyx.png?ex=6589b5fa&is=657740fa&hm=6165ef5455c2f25cb0ac93e39a9f24f652e13d9c02da2b5810117d6852c591f2&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=1919&height=150
    Malgus wrote: »

you and me both really curious about nercro since I have both nercro sets

A man of taste as well I see
    nJ0vUSm.gif