Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

In Game Guild Recruitment.

VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Eso will be implementing an in-game guild recruitment page where guilds can check boxes to show the main and secondary focus, pvp, pve, hardcore, social, RP etc. Things like faction guild heraldry are also included, there is also a couple of sections to write-ups about the culture of the guild and what you may be looking for in recruits, links to discords and external guild sites can be placed in there also.

My question is would others like to see such a system introduced into Ashes at some point in the future to aid people in finding guilds on their server that may be recruiting. What pros and cons do others see with such in-game recruitment tools?
3KAqRIf.png
Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.

Comments

• Rem_Rem_ Member
    Well I would kind of expect something like this to be in the game honestly. I'll be a bit surprised if it's not, I'm not sure how hard it would be but yea. If it isn't then that would be kind of weird, and I'd like to see it in the future <3
    Poko.png
  • I wouldn't be suprised if a system like this wouldn't be implemented. I haven't seen much MMO's do it at all and I think Intrepid Studios would be fine keeping it on the forums, 3rd party websites and Discord. Having said that, I do think such a system would be good for new players to find a group to play as soon as possible. I think the main reason why people quit MMO's (myself included) is not having people to play them with.

Although such a feature would have to be implemented well... Just showing the top guilds in their respective areas wouldn't do much good, as a lot of these guilds likely won't be welcoming new players sadly.
    Signature-Community-Coordinator.gif?ex=6602ea67&is=65f07567&hm=5ccf436d8d607f426cbddd409428e9c1bd5395aba12fe34a1546a571791e2af1&=
    [EU] Hand of Unity | PVX | Semi-Hardcore/Hardcore | Family
    We are still recruiting. Come and have a chat with us at our Discord!
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The more options we have in game the better so I would be one for this
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I've seen a couple games that have in game systems like this, but they never really seem to be used all that much. Either the only guilds that use it are hyper casual social/leveling guilds that many people don't want to join or the general player base doesn't check the interface when looking for a guild.
    k2U15J3.png
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    TERA does this too. And you can search for guilds that are casual, hardcore, focus on PvP, raiding, search by language, etc. It’s very handy.

Hhak63P.png
  • I wouldn't mind more of a notice board in cities with the guilds that have citizens of those cities being able to post recruitment stuff and give a guild write up.

This way you can scout out the guilds where you make your home without it being a normal chat channel or something else layered into the chat aspect of the game.
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Taverns could have notice boards wtih guild recrutiment on them.
    edited April 2019
    Autumnleaf wrote: »

Oh now that is a great idea
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    Nagash wrote: »

Oh now that is great about idea

Fix that auto correct bro, it's getting out of hand bit by bit.
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019

This would be a really good idea and way to implement such a feature yet another reason to head to a tavern.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • noemadnoemad Member
    edited April 2019

Oh I like that. This kind of guild tool would be great for those looking for a guild to be able to know what a prospective guild is looking for before applying. Plus it could help the guild not have to deal with a bunch of potential recruits that just won't fit in. Also it would help make pubs more of a real gathering place for players.

Also...anything to avoid the ever-annoying blind invite. B)

BTW, if any devs are reading this, there should definitely be a way to block random invites to guilds, groups and duels just as there should be an ignore feature to block that annoying person who keeps spamming you to give him a few gold because he's new and poor and he needs gas to be able to drive home, etc. :s Any game, in this day and age, that doesn't have those features is just wrong.
  • JjampongJjampong Member
    edited April 2019
    I wouldn't mind more of a notice board in cities with the guilds that have citizens of those cities being able to post recruitment stuff and give a guild write up.

This way you can scout out the guilds where you make your home without it being a normal chat channel or something else layered into the chat aspect of the game.

I'd personally really love to see this approach. I think it allows guilds to write more than just the usual 2 lines. It also is more immersive and realisitic from an in-game point of view.
    Signature-Community-Coordinator.gif?ex=6602ea67&is=65f07567&hm=5ccf436d8d607f426cbddd409428e9c1bd5395aba12fe34a1546a571791e2af1&=
    [EU] Hand of Unity | PVX | Semi-Hardcore/Hardcore | Family
    We are still recruiting. Come and have a chat with us at our Discord!

at this point im going to turn it off
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• I have mixed feelings about this. At least in some games it didn't work out.
    Mostly because the info available to complete is not nearly enough to what the guilds need.
    Raiding times, rules, discord/forums/ts links, cannot copy paste and manually have to type that info.

Also checking if the guilds are still active. In Rift for example you had pages upon pages of useless info!

at this point im going to turn it off

Yeah or save the new word into your 'library' so to speak, then it wont correct it. It annoyed me when I had an English keyboard but I had to save every polish word into the phone or it would get auto'ed
  • grisugrisu Member
    offtopic: @Autumnleaf usually if your phone has internetcapabilities there is an option to download those other language packs for your quick completion/correction. Where depends on your phone but usually when a phone keyboard is displayed, the option key has a shortcut to it. Maybe for the next phone. x)

on-topic.
    If something like this happens, I hope it's not half arsed. I have seen such systems in place that had terible, if at all search options and/or minimal functionality for guilds to put any information into it.
    It's great to know that this is a mainly pve guild, but not knowing what they even look for is worse than watching the guild recruitment channel all day long. Outdated posts of guilds that don't even exist anymore are a pain in the arse and can die on a mountain of shattered glass.

Either do it thoroughly or don't do it at all. It's only a boon if it's better than quick guild recruitment messages in chat or equal to forum post capabilities.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819