Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What are some of your most memorable moments within Ashes/the Ashes community?

AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
What the title says

For me personally, it was the world of A0, as well as winning the Halloween costume contest and just building up friendships with a tonne of awesome people from very early on in developement.

Are there anything in particular that you guys are especially looking forward to?

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When I played APOC for the first time and won with the cheesiest of tactics. Survive through polymorphing and invisibility, then dark pacting into the red zones when it closed in while throwing fireballs into the middle :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • ZiiZii Moderator, Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    I remember at the start of Apoc being around and Steven would play, trying to hunt him down before he died was always fun :)
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Zii wrote: »
    I remember at the start of Apoc being around and Steven would play, trying to hunt him down before he died was always fun :)

Yeah that was a blast. My guildmates and I would all ourselves GM Steven before the game started and bamboozle people :D
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I remember playing alpha 0 with some of the friends I made on the forums for the first time, now that was a great time.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    Nagash wrote: »
    I remember playing alpha 0 with some of the friends I made on the forums for the first time, now that was a great time.

I actually only got to test a0 once, but it was all worth the wait and bugs
    branegames wrote: »

I think I got in 3 times but I had more fun than playing than all my time in apoc
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace

I think I got in 3 times but I had more fun than playing than all my time in apoc

Same here. It actually felt like an MMO
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Yes, feel much the same way was fun to run around in A0 the BR not so much although was good to look at all of the art assets and general layout of the BR.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think I had the most fun at pax followed by our time in apoc.
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    I didn't even know the MMO had a playtest for backers... o.o My most fun time would have to be the 2 days I actually got to try apoc before it sadly went down. For the better at least though, to fix backend. Of course it goes without saying talking to all these lovely people on the forums is nice too <3
    Poko.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @pokosaurus
    awwwwwwwww
    It is kinda sad, that you only found out about the playtest just before they closed it xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I will never forget some livestream moments... when Jeff didnt ate his cookie on stream but instead placed in on the corner of the table and kept looking at it. Also the icecream truck, pizza man, and water man randomly ringing the door mid stream. But most of all one particular livestream back in 2017 when they kittened our ears with scratching noises for over a hour. Meh i was holding headset with both hands away from my ears and they still hurted after. This all showed that theyr focus was on development and not creating the perfect livestream. Loved it! :D
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    Damokles wrote: »
    @pokosaurus
    awwwwwwwww
    It is kinda sad, that you only found out about the playtest just before they closed it xD

Yussss~!!! I know right~! I had so much fun toooo! and I only got those two days~! I really hope it comes back up soon! n.n
    Poko.png
    I didn't even know the MMO had a playtest for backers... o.o My most fun time would have to be the 2 days I actually got to try apoc before it sadly went down. For the better at least though, to fix backend. Of course it goes without saying talking to all these lovely people on the forums is nice too <3

The testing was actually not for backers, but handpicked people as well as some random that got their spot through raffles <3
  • ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Patiently waiting to make some good memories when the Alpha 1 persistent servers are up. In Archeage alpha I had a great time, and still look back at that with fondness. Hoping Ashes alpha will give the same experience :)
    neomir wrote: »
    Patiently waiting to make some good memories when the Alpha 1 persistent servers are up. In Archeage alpha I had a great time, and still look back at that with fondness. Hoping Ashes alpha will give the same experience :)

It's the same for me. I'm just looking forward to actually getting a feel for the world

The testing was actually not for backers, but handpicked people as well as some random that got their spot through raffles <3

the feeling when the handpicked you was great ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

the feeling when the handpicked you was great ^^

Yeah exactly ^^
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think my all time favorite moment was more of a series of moments.

I really enjoyed the first Halloween contest. A lot of talent around here.
    Aq0KG2f.png
    Karthos wrote: »
    I think my all time favorite moment was more of a series of moments.

I really enjoyed the first Halloween contest. A lot of talent around here.

I still love mainyu artwork

Mainyu_Fan-Art.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• shkevi wrote: »
    I will never forget some livestream moments... when Jeff didnt ate his cookie on stream but instead placed in on the corner of the table and kept looking at it.

Welllllll don't leave us hanging - did he ever get to eat the cookie?!?!

community_management.gif
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    > , > i dont remember XD
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The contest was a good time, probably my favorite. Everyone was trying so hard, and cheering eachother on. Really loved that.
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Most of the contests or times where the community was involved, sad to say there was more sad impactful moments than happy ones.
    The guild fair and summit were a blast
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The guild fair and summit were a blast

Good old days.