Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Where would you set up your Freehold?

chickachasechickachase Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
As the title says where would you want your freehold near a city or metro, perhaps in the woods near a small village. Even though we don't have a lot to go off of I do know you can sell things from and (correct me if I'm wrong) build things at your freehold.
HSGNewSignatureFormatChickaChaseApril12th2nd_Edition.png?width=1442&height=416

Comments

• VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Said this before but in a mountain area where it snows near the spawn point for a mineral resources the actual node type size may not matter so much but that may change as we get more information.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • HexcatHexcat Member
    edited April 2019
    A little swamp/island or a cave :#
    giphy.gif
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Beach or next to a cliff :)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Im all in for wood glade inside a huge forest... maybe nearby a river or sea and some hills/mountains.

Or else let's see how the underground looks like... it could be amazing too. Just imagine an area with crystals and geode all over the caves...

Best regards
    Ibarumarky
    - The Dark Wanderer -
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    On top of or inside a mountain :)
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Close to the water :3
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    In a desert next to a mountain
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    On the side of a mountain! Orrrr... maybe on a hill overlooking a metropolis or something... not too close...! Wouldn't want my hold getting easily pillaged !
    Poko.png
    On the side of a mountain! Orrrr... maybe on a hill overlooking a metropolis or something... not too close...! Wouldn't want my hold getting easily pillaged !

you make a good point @Pokosaurous where would be the most defendable position for your freehold
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    Nagash wrote: »

you make a good point @Pokosaurous where would be the most defendable position for your freehold

Mmmmhmmm~! But you shouldn't have to worry about that judging by your location c: who knows though! Imagine a metropolis just popping up next to your freehold... gosh!
    Poko.png
    I wonder if you can build defences on your freehold. e.g a palisade
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• chickachasechickachase Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm hope you can at least have a roman style compound with a walled in courtyard.
    HSGNewSignatureFormatChickaChaseApril12th2nd_Edition.png?width=1442&height=416
    I'm hope you can at least have a roman style compound with a walled in courtyard.

That would also work
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• IbarumarkyIbarumarky Member
    edited April 2019
    Or just an angry mob with pitchfork & torches patrolling your freehold... who isn't afraid of a angry mob of peasants 🤪

Also a nice location would be nearby the coast, probably nearby reed grad... at the shore so you can fish and enjoy at the beach...building a pub at the beach... creating a morbid tavern for all traveler

Best regards
    Ibarumarky
    - The Dark Wanderer -
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    somewhere secluded
    k2U15J3.png
    Ibarumarky wrote: »
    Or just an angry mob with pitchfork & torches patrolling your freehold... who isn't afraid of a angry mob of peasants 🤪

Also a nice location would be nearby the coast, probably nearby reed grad... at the shore so you can fish and enjoy at the beach...building a pub at the beach... creating a morbid tavern for all traveler

Best regards
    Ibarumarky
    - The Dark Wanderer -

d67.png
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2019
    @Nagash That could be Richard from Looking for Group :D

(if you havent read it... I will be disappointed)

Here is a swift reminder:
    2007-01-15-11.gif
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Damokles wrote: »
    @Nagash That could be Richard from Looking for Group :D

(if you havent read it... I will be disappointed)

Of course I've read it.

"Fwoosh"
    nJ0vUSm.gif

edited April 2019
    My first introduction to looking for group.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcbazH6aE2g
    k2U15J3.png
  • ArgentDawnArgentDawn Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm hoping to find somewhere in a forest near a creek or river... As long as I can build it there that's my goal.
    arzosah wrote: »

azq50mb_460s.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• KumaryKumary Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

LOL ... What makes it better, it's Ariel themed song
    5b72df90d96c187ed7e6c2f181b8322e.png
    Stormborn Discord: Join Here
    My AoC Referral: Click Here
    Kumary wrote: »

there is another one as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02dyQashwiU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_xZuIkj-NM
    nJ0vUSm.gif

Kumary wrote: »

Yep
    k2U15J3.png
  • pjrydeckerpjrydecker Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    In an alpine forest on a mountain side with a river and view of sprawling countryside or the sea. Not to much to ask is it?
    4ZZpOBh.gif
  • Somewhere in the woods or possibly near a waterfall.
    original.gif
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    Argentdawn wrote: »
    I'm hoping to find somewhere in a forest near a creek or river... As long as I can build it there that's my goal.

Sounds awesome! nice and peaceful... for a little at least lol
    Poko.png
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    uneecorn wrote: »
    Somewhere in the woods or possibly near a waterfall.

Waterfalls sound lovely~! The sound of all the water splashing down in the distance~! I wouldn't want to be too close so I could get some sleep >.> lol
    Poko.png