Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Races?

I can't seem to find a thread on races, have the races been listed? Perhaps someone has a link to the Race thread they could offer.

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    latest?cb=20180515214544
    and we also have the Tulnar as well
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Google is a wonderful thing:

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Races
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The picture doesnt include the Tulnar, but we know nearly nothing about them :/
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I honestly find it somewhat strange that there is no information on the official AOC website with even the basics of the races. Just boggles the mind that you have to go to the kick starter page and dig up the info from there. This is really basic stuff that should be in place by now but let me guess we will get a soontm.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2019
    Varkun wrote: »
    I honestly find it somewhat strange that there is no information on the official AOC website with even the basics of the races. Just boggles the mind that you have to go to the kick starter page and dig up the info from there. This is really basic stuff that should be in place by now but let me guess we will get a soontm.

I'm sure Margaret will be getting around to it as they finalize more information.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Varkun That's why whenever I have a question about the game I immediately go to the wiki, as I can usually find the answer there far faster than on the official website. It's sad that developers rely so much on unpaid fans to do their job for them, but....meh.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    Tulnar underground boys ;w; cant forget dem!
    Poko.png
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes honestly didn't think of the wiki but it is the best place atm for information on AOC. The trouble is people who are just finding out about ashes will come to the official website to find well not much. I know it will take time to present even the basic information on the site here.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.

the are bad at marketing
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

the are bad at marketing

That's why Maggie was hired I'm assuming.

We should see some of this change this year.
    Aq0KG2f.png
    Karthos wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

the are bad at marketing

That's why Maggie was hired I'm assuming.

We should see some of this change this year.

indeed good sir. indeed
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• If we think about kickstarter and all that amount of pledges.. maybe they are not so bad..
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ferryman wrote: »
    If we think about kickstarter and all that amount of pledges.. maybe they are not so bad..

Part of marketing is managing expectations.
    k2U15J3.png
  • arzosah wrote: »
    Ferryman wrote: »
    If we think about kickstarter and all that amount of pledges.. maybe they are not so bad..

Part of marketing is managing expectations.

That is true. That is why I used "not so bad", because they have done at least something right, even they have screwed up more or less with expectations, schedules and side projects.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • The game is in alpha. They first have to code it if they even can. Then they have to balance it
  • Recommend Wiki link button on home page of forums.
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    consultant wrote: »
    Recommend Wiki link button on home page of forums.

Which wiki?

There's 9 by my count
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • consultantconsultant Member
    edited July 2019
    Ashes of creation wiki link of course some of the comments mentioned the Ashes of Cration Wiki link. And how people come here to aske questions be really easy for them to research it themselves. Game is pretty new so people might not realize their is an one of the Ashes of Creation Wiki sites.

Was reading how runescape had this feature in game but have not actually tested it out.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    "Game is pretty new so people might not realize their is an official Ashes of Creation Wiki site."

There is no official Ashes of Creation wiki. All are community run. There are many, and some are better quality and keep up to date. Others not so much.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Guess you are right it looked pretty official to me sorry about mix up. Change post slightly.
  • It would be great to see if more unique looking races are created, so far I think the Vec are the most unique. I understand that there's going to be a large demand for the conventional human, elf, dwarf type races.

It would be nice to see if races inspired by insects, reptiles, beasts, plants etc. like the different aliens in the movie "Guardians of the Galaxy", make it in the game.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Holy Cannoli, this is heck of a necro!

There are 9 races planned. Two human races, two elf races, two dwarf races, two orc races. And then the Tulnar which are something else, they might incorporate animal elements and maybe parts from the other races.

I'm not sure why you had to resurrect this thread after almost 3 years of it being dead. There is literally a thread about 5 of the races pinned to the top of this forum right now.

Hhak63P.png
  • Because they all look very human like, give it whatever label you want (Elf, dwarf, etc) the Vek is the only one so far that looks different and unique, the other humanoid races simply vary in height and mild aesthetics.
    I like them all, but wondering if there could be any plans for more diversity like a fish race, an avian race, or will these unique races only be NPCs.
    Tulnar will probably be the closest you will find to what you want. We still need to wait until they give us any info, really, about them.

Hhak63P.png
  • ptitoineptitoine Member
    edited February 2022
    Im quite curious about the Elves one. And how they gonna separate the look. If they are not what i want i'll probably go for Shaman Vek or Tulnar depending on their visual.

So far there is a good difference between each races. Except the human. and I kinda like it. Wish Human had one too but its kinda hard
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Aw, damn it!
    This super-necro had me thinking nagash was active again!!
    ptitoine wrote: »
    Im quite curious about the Elves one. And how they gonna separate the look. If they are not what i want i'll probably go for Shaman Vek or Tulnar depending on their visual.

We have the tiniest bit of an idea of the difference from concept art and early game footage of elves. Here are Py'Rai elves:
    740px-Sentinel%27s_Hide.png

Here is an Empyrean elf:
    800px-ss-2020-12-24-00_00_21-00008.png

The styles of armor are clearly very different. The difference in the faces are more subtle, especially because we don't have a close look at a Py'Rai. They look nearly identical to me, and I wonder if they are just using "generic elf" between the two up until now.

Hhak63P.png
  • Dygz wrote: »
    Aw, damn it!
    This super-necro had me thinking nagash was active again!!

Same.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Honestly I think that usually elf is supposed to be the chocolate ice cream of fantasy races. They may be different from vanilla humans, but they are still rather simple if somewhat more interesting by virtue of being a different flavor. The face shape is where the difference is going to really make or break what people feel towards them.

I'm extremely biased here but I kind of hope Pyrian has some star trek foreheads going on. For the Empyrean I hope we get something with more narrow dragon/bird like eye and nose ridge options.
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
  • JustVine wrote: »
    Honestly I think that usually elf is supposed to be the chocolate ice cream of fantasy races. They may be different from vanilla humans, but they are still rather simple if somewhat more interesting by virtue of being a different flavor. The face shape is where the difference is going to really make or break what people feel towards them.

I'm extremely biased here but I kind of hope Pyrian has some star trek foreheads going on. For the Empyrean I hope we get something with more narrow dragon/bird like eye and nose ridge options.

Human, elf, dwarf... The Neapolitan of fantasy races.