Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Reveals from Discord.

VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
Apparently, Steven put revamped animation and a new 3d rendering of some barding onto discord they were then put onto reddit so as no one has put a link on the official forum that I can locate here they are. Will not call them leaks as its Steven who posted them. I know these are simple little things but hey it's new.

https://reddit.com/link/bl64pa/video/fo3rkksizhw21/player

https://i.redd.it/0a59bsd30iw21.png

Credit to alluring for posting them to reddit.
3KAqRIf.png
Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.

Comments

• AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Oh good tentacles, everybody loves tentacles.
    k2U15J3.png
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2019
    I have a few things to say. First off thank you Varkun for posting this. Secondly whatever happened to Intrepid posting all info on the website, forums and discord? Did they already forget we had a forum? so back to redit they go?

Intrepid you are not helping yourself here
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nice catch!
    Agree Nagash. Sigh*
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2019
    Heh.. barding

(Thanks for the notification my friend! Loved the barding for the gryphon and the new hentai animation)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    So for those of us who don't use that cesspool known as Reddit, can you describe it to for us?
    Aq0KG2f.png
    Karthos wrote: »
    So for those of us who don't use that cesspool known as Reddit, can you describe it to for us?

APOC animations that look smoother and some barding
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    I have a few things to say. First off thank you Varkun for posting this. Secondly whatever happened to Intrepid posting all info on the website, forums and discord? Did they already forget we had a forum? so back to redit they go?

Pretty sure that was for official announcements, not for leaks from Steven.

I mean if we want to hold them to that, then we can just as sure kiss all leaks goodbye
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
    edited May 2019
    jahlon wrote: »

Pretty sure that was for official announcements, not for leaks from Steven.

I mean if we want to hold them to that, then we can just as sure kiss all leaks goodbye

Oh so if its on reddit and discord its a leak then? Makes perfect sense

nJ0vUSm.gif

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Secondly whatever happened to Intrepid posting all info on the website, forums and discord? Did they already forget we had a forum? so back to redit they go?

Nagash, they know better then to descend into the forums. Too many dark things are spoken here, sacriligeous ideas are discussed freely in these forumthreads!
    Never forget that the forums are the dark side here ;D
    Discord are the children, reddit are those who need to say any and everything, but the forums are where the old ones dwell!
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Damokles wrote: »
    Secondly whatever happened to Intrepid posting all info on the website, forums and discord? Did they already forget we had a forum? so back to redit they go?

Nagash, they know better then to descend into the forums. Too many dark things are spoken here, sacriligeous ideas are discussed freely in these forumthreads!
    Discord are the children, reddit are those who need to say any and everything, but the forums are where the old ones dwell!

I wish it was just a joke but they said things would change and this does not help in that regard
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Rem_Rem_ Member
    Awesome! Thanks for posting! I missed this! If it was in the discord I barely check there because... it's the discord cx lol They look amazing though!
    Poko.png
  • seaberseaber Member, Intrepid Pack
    Varkun wrote: »
    Apparently, Steven put revamped animation and a new 3d rendering of some barding onto discord they were then put onto reddit so as no one has put a link on the official forum that I can locate here they are. Will not call them leaks as its Steven who posted them. I know these are simple little things but hey it's new.

first link is broken

I went to the reddit to view it and the spell effect is way too flashy.
    Legendary Healer
    Invincible Tank
    Unrivalled Dps
    Queen of Growlgate
    Kraken Tamer
    Super Cutie
    H8 me cuz u ain't me
  • amuriaamuria Member, Intrepid Pack
    I would guess when Steven leaks something he does it where he looks the most, which seems to be discord. It is a chat, so it goes in fast and feedback is fast.
    When Steven leaks something it isn't official new info, so it isn't posted on the forums it is just a leak, alluring posted on reddit not Steven. So, no it isn't a leak because it is on reddit and discord and not the forums it is a leak because Steven leaked it on discord and it then was posted by someone else on reddit.
    In the end if you limit yourself to only 1 platform for whatever reason there will be some downsides and you will have to live with it.
    At least that is my view on it.
    seaber wrote: »

first link is broken

So the spell effect is like wearing to much make-up?
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Nagash wrote: »

Hey there! Looks like Steven hopped onto Discord over the weekend and dropped a quick leak for you all of some work-in-progress stuff ;)

Yup, when we do bigger news/announcements with more details on the pieces vs. just dropping screenshots, you'll see them here on the forums as well as on the website! Like what we did for the Iron Lion set :)

Looks like one of our helpful community moderators grabbed the info (since it was over the weekend) and shared it on Reddit as well - I would definitely like for these kinds of "leeks" to hit the forums as well, so I'll chat with the team about sharing them here in the future as well :D
    community_management.gif
    seaber wrote: »

first link is broken

So the spell effect is like wearing to much make-up?

???
    Legendary Healer
    Invincible Tank
    Unrivalled Dps
    Queen of Growlgate
    Kraken Tamer
    Super Cutie
    H8 me cuz u ain't me
    @seaber

You said "too flashy". In my day that meant someone was wearing too much make-up or was brightly dressed to the point if eye damage when seen.
    Aq0KG2f.png
    amuria wrote: »
    I would guess when Steven leaks something he does it where he looks the most, which seems to be discord. It is a chat, so it goes in fast and feedback is fast.
    When Steven leaks something it isn't official new info, so it isn't posted on the forums it is just a leak, alluring posted on reddit not Steven. So, no it isn't a leak because it is on reddit and discord and not the forums it is a leak because Steven leaked it on discord and it then was posted by someone else on reddit.
    In the end if you limit yourself to only 1 platform for whatever reason there will be some downsides and you will have to live with it.

I completely agree

That's what frustrates me the most, I don't mind leaks at all, in fact, I love them, but the fact they don't post it everywhere else is confusing. Alluring is a mod, one of many in fact and she did her job by posting the leak on to another platform (a 3rd party platform mind you) yet we are still here on the forums with nothing. How hard would it be to copy and past the Reddit thread and post it here? I know I sound entitled, but this is a simple thing to do.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

Hey there! Looks like Steven hopped onto Discord over the weekend and dropped a quick leak for you all of some work-in-progress stuff ;)

Yup, when we do bigger news/announcements with more details on the pieces vs. just dropping screenshots, you'll see them here on the forums as well as on the website! Like what we did for the Iron Lion set :)

Looks like one of our helpful community moderators grabbed the info (since it was over the weekend) and shared it on Reddit as well - I would definitely like for these kinds of "leeks" to hit the forums as well, so I'll chat with the team about sharing them here in the future as well :D

Thank you for your reply. I just hope you remember not everyone uses the discord so without mods or people like Varkun we would have no clue this was happening. I know you said you don't post small pieces but it's still something we would like to see.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

@seaber

You said "too flashy". In my day that meant someone was wearing too much make-up or was brightly dressed to the point if eye damage when seen.

it means nobody will be able to see what is going on in fights
    Legendary Healer
    Invincible Tank
    Unrivalled Dps
    Queen of Growlgate
    Kraken Tamer
    Super Cutie
    H8 me cuz u ain't me
  • Nagash wrote: »

It was more of a leak. It being here puts Steven on a chopping block.
    nick10281 wrote: »
    I have a few things to say. First off thank you Varkun for posting this. Secondly whatever happened to Intrepid posting all info on the website, forums and discord? Did they already forget we had a forum? so back to reddit they go?

It was more of a leak. It being here puts Steven on a chopping block.

if it was just a leak then why did a mod post it on Reddit? if people keep defending this then nothing will change that's why I had to say something. you may disagree with me and that's fine but all I wanted was a clear flow of information, no matter how small
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    I'm with @Nagash on this one. ALL things pertaining to AOC should be here. Big or small, official or not. ALL of it should be here.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    makinoji wrote: »
    I'm with @Nagash on this one. ALL things pertaining to AOC should be here. Big or small, official or not. ALL of it should be here.

I also agree. It’s easy to search for and find things here. And IS owns the site and can fully manage its content, which is another plus. This site is where I look for and expect to find news and other info about the game.

Hhak63P.png
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The guy that convinced me to drop my money on his pet project released a screenshot of said project and it is considered a "leak." Wikileaks has nothing on this :smile:
    Damokles wrote: »

Thanks for noticing :wink:

Also, I too would like to extend a thank you to @Varkun, thank you.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • KriddonKriddon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    amuria wrote: »

I completely agree

That's what frustrates me the most, I don't mind leaks at all, in fact, I love them, but the fact they don't post it everywhere else is confusing. Alluring is a mod, one of many in fact and she did her job by posting the leak on to another platform (a 3rd party platform mind you) yet we are still here on the forums with nothing. How hard would it be to copy and past the Reddit thread and post it here? I know I sound entitled, but this is a simple thing to do.

Yeah @Nagash you would think that posting a Reddit link in the forums or discord would be easy right. And I don't think its entitled to expect new information about a game we follow so closely to be easy to find. I mean if we are expected to dig through discord constantly for leaks Steven should say so. Like if we cant find these leaks I cant imagine new people finding this stuff. Oh and if Steven wants to leak that is great considering the last time I remember seeing mmo gameplay was Dec 2018. I will take anything and everything I can get. (like seriously Steven if you have more gray bear animations post them pls)Especially since it may do something to calm the horde of "wait isn't this game a BR now" comments I see in various places when ashes is discussed. Which I am never sure if they are just trolling. I just wish these leaks or info dumps or whatever they are were easier to find.

And of course if any of you disagree with me I welcome discussion. :)
  • KriddonKriddon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2019

Thank you very much @LieutenantToast. I too would like posts like these to be on the forums or at least a place where they can be easier to find perhaps a Steven leak channel on discord that a mod or steven will then take from and put on the forums and/or reddit perhaps.
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It is little drops like this that I honestly enjoy perhaps more than the official releases, to me they show what is being worked on and that indeed there is real substantive progress being made no matter how small the drop may be.

I would like to thank @LieutenantToast for the response to the concerns of the community here. I was somewhat surprised to see the reddit post thought someone would have linked it here before I did.

I love these sneak peaks @Steven Sharif please don't stop posting them to just where ever you may please. :D
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @seaber

In the present day, no one is actually ever *seen*

Virtue is the only good.
  • tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2019
    Regarding discord leaks, get over yourselves. Someone from the community is always going to post it here, and you adapt to your bosses communication style, not ask him to change to yours.

Virtue is the only good.