Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Name for a Guild

I'm having a hard time naming the guild I want to make in the game and I was hoping you could lend me a hand, I want the name to match with the tematic "a group of individuals who do good deeds...for money...if the pay is good, we can do some of the dirty job...but don't make a mistake, we have honor specially between us" also is going to be a Bounty Hunter guild :#
OMG I can't wait to see it, I want it to be the medieval-fantasy version of John Wick's assassin organization :D
giphy.gif

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vanguard
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2019
    In decending order of silliness:

Venture Capitalism
    The Remunerators
    GDFM (Good Deeds For Money)
    Slay for Pay

Aq0KG2f.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Karthos wrote: »
    Venture Capitalism
    The Remunerators
    Slay for Pay

"Slay for Pay" is my MVP :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    DigBickClub
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • grisugrisu Member
    John Wick's world assassin organization.... doing good deeds.... DistantExemplaryArgusfish-size_restricted.gif

Maybe flesh out what you want to be first and find something that defines your mentality regarding that group.
    You want a bounty hunter guild, well, okay. What else? What makes it your bounty hunter guild?

Maybe jumble some words around until you find something that sounds cool or good to you if you don't care too much for it.

It's not hard to throw around some words that you can somehow link to assasins. Last whisper, The faceless, cat's paw, big oof, merry mistake, gentlemans dagger.
    I could go on and on and on, but I don't know how that would help, you can just google random assassin guild names from games, movies or whatnot.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Valkyria
    Nemesis

Idk I suck at names too xD
  • HexcatHexcat Member
    grisu wrote: »
    John Wick's world assassin organization.... doing good deeds.... DistantExemplaryArgusfish-size_restricted.gif

Maybe flesh out what you want to be first and find something that defines your mentality regarding that group.
    You want a bounty hunter guild, well, okay. What else? What makes it your bounty hunter guild?

Maybe jumble some words around until you find something that sounds cool or good to you if you don't care too much for it.

It's not hard to throw around some words that you can somehow link to assasins. Last whisper, The faceless, cat's paw, big oof, merry mistake, gentlemans dagger.
    I could go on and on and on, but I don't know how that would help, you can just google random assassin guild names from games, movies or whatnot.

"Gentleman's Dagger" I liked that one hahaha :D
    About the definition, it's more like the idea of an antihero, like Deadpool or Lyndon from Diablo III, you know, kind of "the end justify the means" type of organization :#
    The John Wick's reference was for the almost ritualistic type of deals they made, like that of keeping a blood oath no matter what or the use of their own currency, things like that :D
    giphy.gif
  • caedwyncaedwyn Member
    edited May 2019
    Lumbermark wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time naming the guild I want to make in the game and I was hoping you could lend me a hand, I want the name to match with the tematic "a group of individuals who do good deeds...for money...if the pay is good, we can do some of the dirty job...but don't make a mistake, we have honor specially between us" also is going to be a Bounty Hunter guild :#
    OMG I can't wait to see it, I want it to be the medieval-fantasy version of John Wick's assassin organization :D

if a group of people does "good deeds" then they cant also do "dirty jobs" for "good pay"
    so i would suggest the name : contradiction
    :D

how about :
    steel march
    black hand
    bonebag
    crimson company
    red tide
  • IbarumarkyIbarumarky Member
    edited May 2019
    Cynical Backstabber
    Hit'n'Shit
    Pub Slayerz
    ApeShit
    Rogue Red Riot
    Break'n'Make Bones
    Merc's Lovely Fist
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Les Mercenaire
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • caedwyncaedwyn Member
    Ibarumarky wrote: »
    Cynical Backstabber
    Hit'n'Shit

ApeShit

:D lmao
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The Black Company

(I wonder if anyone will get that reference.)

Hhak63P.png
  • HexcatHexcat Member
    Atama wrote: »
    The Black Company

The book? :smile:
    giphy.gif
  • The Tarnished Scales
    The Silver Talons
    Duskguard
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The Black Company

Come on. Know your audience!! That's like making a Spiderman reference at Comic Con.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • infernomiesterinfernomiester Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2019
    Devils advocate, Band of Brothers, Blue Dawn, True Blood, Honor Bound, Steadfast Party, Unwavering Resolve, Soldiers of Fortune, Crimson Tide, Semper Vigilans
    The Black Company

Come on. Know your audience!! That's like making a Spiderman reference at Comic Con.
    I thought maybe folks here were too young.

Hhak63P.png
  • tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We are in fact all old.

Virtue is the only good.
  • RavudhaRavudha Member
    The Price is Right
  • edited May 2019
    In decending order of silliness:

Venture Capitalism
    The Remunerators
    Slay for Pay

I saw GDFM and read it as Godform, which I personally think sounds like an epic guild name.

'Hell YEAH we're Godform, we do good deeds for money. You can't spare the coin, we won't be wastin' our time.'
  • I'm a fan of names that have little or no relevance to what their task is. I believe the group makes the name not the other way around. You should want something easy to type or say in chat. Stay away from cool words that everybody is going to be all over.

Sanctuary
    Clan Destiny
    Overture
  • KumaryKumary Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2019
    @Lumbermark
    Not very good at naming, but here's a go...maybe one might peak your interest or from one of these combine to another. Good luck finding your Guild name!

Bloodhounds
    The Hunter's Mark
    Birds of Prey
    Syndicate
    The Purge
    The Iron Mercenaries
    Red Cloaks
    Wardens of Verra
    Deathbringers
    Bloodforge
    5b72df90d96c187ed7e6c2f181b8322e.png
    Stormborn Discord: Join Here
    My AoC Referral: Click Here
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Black Guard
    Iron Warden
    Deliverance
    The Griffon Legion
    The Vengeful Blades
    Ashen ones

nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • HexcatHexcat Member
    I like that reference to Dark Souls @Nagash :D
    giphy.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Lumbermark wrote: »
    I like that reference to Dark Souls @Nagash :D

I didn't even think of dark souls but you are right ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • LotekArcLotekArc Member
    edited May 2019
    The Order of the God
    Saviors of souls (SoS)
    Not Condemned (NC)
    You can mix, change some words - it's important to be in a climate.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5121036
  • dancerdancer Member
    You could always steal Hammer's Slammers from the old book series by the same name. Or something like Lumbermarks Choppers.
    Hades Blades

Hhak63P.png
  • AtliAtli Member, Warrior of Old
    The Outriders
    The Mad Martyrs
    The Roughnecks
    Lumbermark's Lackeys

I wanted one of the first three names for my own guild, but I don't have the time to create a guild of my own- seeing one of them put to use would be really cool.
    jgyClWy.jpg
  • Come on @lumbermark don't leave us all hanging, after all these suggestions you have to let us know if you picked one so the rest of us can target your guild for not picking our name.