Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Your hopes for crafting.

DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
Hello everyone who enjoys crafting and mercantilism!
We know only a few things about crafting, but what do you hope you will be able to do later in the game?
Crafting will be extremely important in nearly all stages of the game after all ;)

I for one really hope that a jewelcrafter will be able to craft golems that can act as one time guards for caravans. They could be expensive, even more so then normal humanoid guards, but they could have higher hp and defenses(because they are practically made out of stone).

Another hope I have is that there will be a Scribe artisan profession that creates maps etc. At the start of the game, we would all have really rudimentary maps of our immediat surroundings (for our node) and all the other maps would have to be either bought from npcs for a good sum of money, or a scribe creates the map for you/he creates a "upgradekit" for your map, that gives you more information.
a6XEiIf.gif

Comments

• infernomiesterinfernomiester Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I just hope crafting classes will be just as important as combat classes
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I just hope crafting classes will be just as important as combat classes

Well they said that you will have to be a master gatherer to dismember the raid bosses, and crafted gear will be on the same level as high tier raid equipment.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Personally I will most likely choose some kind of weapon or armor crafting as my main profession. At this point it is really hard to say for sure what I am going to craft without knowing much of the system as whole or much about classes either. Anyhow, I am interested to check out spear and magic staff crafting, because I am maybe going to focus use weapons like those.

I really like to see carpenter as one of the crafting professions. Carpenter could craft e.g. boats, siege & defensive weapons, furnitures, carts, carriages and stuff like that.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The scribe I have high hopes for but as of right now im not sure how it will work
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Nagash wrote: »
    The scribe I have high hopes for but as of right now im not sure how it will work

It could include crafting tomes, spellbooks, music sheets and maps for example. I have this crazy idea of map making, and maybe map items could improve and add features to players' minimaps and worldmaps for example.
  • Nagash wrote: »

And maybe scriber could investigate old parchments and treasure maps found from the world and uncode the content. Some may lead for treasures, some for cosmetics and some for hidden lore..
  • HexcatHexcat Member
    I'm hoping to have the ability to craft custom items that can be used in the PBE/RolePlaying scenarios, I really miss the one use skeleton keys of WoW or maybe with the tailoring and the leather work we can made camping tents, one specific thing I want to be able to made are coins, obviously without gold value, that my guild can use only between us when we want a work from other members of the same guild, also I hope we can add our own specific description to the items we craft :#
    Damokles wrote: »
    I for one really hope that a jewelcrafter will be able to craft golems that can act as one time guards for caravans. They could be expensive, even more so then normal humanoid guards, but they could have higher hp and defenses(because they are practically made out of stone).

That would be so cool!!!!!!
    giphy.gif
    Lumbermark wrote: »
    I'm hoping to have the ability to craft custom items that can be used in the PBE/RolePlaying scenarios, I really miss the one use skeleton keys of WoW or maybe with the tailoring and the leather work we can made camping tents, one specific thing I want to be able to made are coins, obviously without gold value, that my guild can use only between us when we want a work from other members of the same guild, also I hope we can add our own specific description to the items we craft

I somehow now really want to creat an epic/legendary trinket with jewelcrafting and name it "Nagash's Phylactery", and then not trade it ever to Nagash. XD
    a6XEiIf.gif
    edited May 2019
    Ferryman wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

It could include crafting tomes, spellbooks, music sheets and maps for example. I have this crazy idea of map making, and maybe map items could improve and add features to players' minimaps and worldmaps for example.

It would be really cool, if the map was an actual item with an item slot, and you would have to upgrade it over time on your own or buy a map upgrade from a scribe to unlock new zone descriptions and so on :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have my fingers crossed for a relatively in-depth and thought out cart building system. I would love to have my wagons all over the roads, raided or not.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • RavudhaRavudha Member
    I'm hoping for Scribe to still be there with lots of things to make for combat and non-combat utility. Maybe it'll have different types of paper, ink, and pens for different grades of items to craft. A lot of utility and variation would be very cool.
  • My biggest hope is that we don't have to compete with NPC merchants for business.

That and that low-level crafting isn't made obsolete just by learning a new recipe, but it looks like that will be unlikely.
  • lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I just want it to not be mind-numbingly boring to do whichever type of crafting, gathering, or processing you do.
    signature.png
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    An in-depth fun engaging system that has meaning when it comes to late game content with a genuine need for gatherers/processors/crafters. That is a one-line shot at what I would like to see.

We do know a few things that have been hinted at to do with interdependence between crafters, master gatherers being needed to harvest drops from world/raid bosses to gain crafting materials that will need to be passed on to a master processor to process and then finally on to a master crafter to produce the end item.

My hope is that there are other layers to this with crafting tools of different quality that may give bonuses to your work, will there be other materials or crafted items that others may need like flasks for alchemists as an example. Just how in depth will the interdependence be? too in-depth could become tedious.

One concern I do have is with processing and how it will work. Sure you can produce your basic iron bars/leather/timber/reagents etc but I honestly hope there is more to it than that. There needs to be rare recipe for creating composite materials or perhaps it is the processor who imbues some of the magical properties into the finished processed material. I do hope that processing is just as involved and rewarding as gathering/crafting.

Low-level materials need to have meaning and use right throughout the crafting process IMO.

Crafting and all that it involves is perhaps the system I am most looking forward to exploring.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think relevancy is what's most important for me. I want the artisan classes to feel like they each have their use within the world and that their uses are not just temporary
  • I could see a system where advanced artisan could refine recipes and craft it differently with other resources

Like a bow... a strong bow would be out of the hercules tree...a weaker would be out of the oak tree but is more flexible...

The idea would be adding both traits through mixing low and high rank materials into an unique new recipe..

Just an idea!

@Damokles great idea 😂😂😂
  • amuriaamuria Member, Intrepid Pack
    While dependencies and playing an important role is all fine, the most important thing for me in crafting is the crafting mechanic itself. I hope they find something that makes the description "I'm a crafter/artisan" mean something else than "I grinded a ton of materials while watching a bar move from left to right".
    This could be a ability system or something completely different, I just would like crafting to actually require some skill.
  • daewulfdaewulf Member
    I hope you don't need to craft to be relevant in this game. I only have a small allotment of time to play and would prefer not to spend it collecting resources and crafting.
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm hoping there will be public areas where people can sell, have processors available, and crafting "tables" to make final projects.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Daewulf wrote: »
    I hope you don't need to craft to be relevant in this game. I only have a small allotment of time to play and would prefer not to spend it collecting resources and crafting.

I am quite sure that you can focus just on dungeons, raids and killing mobs (for example) to collect ingame currency, and then buy all the items you need from crafters. ;)

Ingame currency drops mostly from humanoids, and most likely can be found from treasure chests as well. I presume there will be different kind of currency reward systems related for PvE and PvP.