Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Breeding hippogryphs?

AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
So I noticed in the video that game along with the new blogpost that the hippogryphs are flying in the air. In the bottom of the post it is mentioned that one would be able to breed these beasts, which I think is really cool.

My main concern is. If this is in fact a flying mount, wouldn't being able to breed it go against Intrepids idea of wanting to limit the amount of flying ingame?

I may be wrong and could have missed a part of the blog mentioning that it is a gliding mount, but I'm not too sure I did.

And if this does turn out to be a breedable flying mount, what're your thoughts on the matter?

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think that they will be gliding mounts :)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »

That is what I think too. Might've just been for cinematic purposes that they made it fly in the video. Still got me curious though :)
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    branegames wrote: »

That is what I think too. Might've just been for cinematic purposes that they made it fly in the video. Still got me curious though :)

Well the flying animation could be the "gliding" animation. The griphons used in apoc also have a flying animation, but still glide :D
    a6XEiIf.gif

Well the flying animation could be the "gliding" animation. The griphons used in apoc also have a flying animation, but still glide :D

That is true actually
  • I think you need mounts with special permission aka major mount or queen/king mount if ya wanna play high
    Ibarumarky wrote: »
    I think you need mounts with special permission aka major mount or queen/king mount if ya wanna play high

What do you mean by that?

I am aware that only certain people will be able to obtain flying mounts either through kingsmanship or the likes thereof, as well as getting them through rare drops.

What I was primarily getting as was whether the hippogryph would fit into that category and if that was the case, how breeding would fit into that if Intrepid wants to stray away from flying mounts being a big part of the mount roster
  • branegames wrote: »
    I think you need mounts with special permission aka major mount or queen/king mount if ya wanna play high

I am aware that only certain people will be able to obtain flying mounts either through kingsmanship or the likes thereof, as well as getting them through rare drops.

What I was primarily getting as was whether the hippogryph would fit into that category and if that was the case, how breeding would fit into that if Intrepid wants to stray away from flying mounts being a big part of the mount roster

I wanted to say... you probably can't breed flying mounts... just gliding. That's what I wanted to say. I hope it's more clear now or a flying mount would become a gliding mount as long as you don't have the "flight" rights

I wanted to say... you probably can't breed flying mounts... just gliding. That's what I wanted to say. I hope it's more clear now or a flying mount would become a gliding mount as long as you don't have the "flight" rights

Ah of course, yes. I completely agree with you
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Even if it was a flying mount, and you could breed it (supposition) perhaps it would be very rare and costly and be on the same par as those rare eggs. Or it could be that ordinary people will only be able to glide on it, and those who are royalty or leaders will be able to also fly.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    elf wrote: »
    Even if it was a flying mount, and you could breed it (supposition) perhaps it would be very rare and costly and be on the same par as those rare eggs. Or it could be that ordinary people will only be able to glide on it, and those who are royalty or leaders will be able to also fly.

Eh I doubt we will have the chance to breed flying mounts, maybe to create a unique type of mount but it wouldn't have the ability to fly and it would look different.
  • grisugrisu Member
    I do think its bad wording tho. It gives the impression of acessible flight, which we have been told time and time again that it will be extremely limited. Mixed signals and I do hope they reword it or at least mention that it's no longer possible in Verra to sustain flight itself.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819