Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Which race is the best

Comments

• AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Duebrithil wrote: »
    Why should there be the "best" race? oO

Try to be best
    ‘Cause you're only a man
    And a man's gotta learn to take it
    Try to believe
    Though the going gets rough
    That you gotta hang tough to make it
    History repeats itself
    Try and you'll succeed
    Never doubt that you're the one
    And you can have your dreams!
    You're the best!
    Around!
    Nothing's gonna ever keep you down
    You're the Best!
    Around!
    You're the Best!
    Around!

giphy.gif

Hhak63P.png
  • aevariaevari Member
    Any race besides Elves and Humans
    "If you lose sight of something, the only person who can find it again is you"
  • LyiatLyiat Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    caedwyn wrote: »
    Lyiat wrote: »
    For real though, tulnar are the best. But its ok if you disagree, there's nothing wrong with having the wrong opinion. ;)

They really are the best. They provide such a wide variety of heads for my mantel, very unique looking.

i dont personally care for that you know they carry lots of diseases!
    but im sure they can be of some use like the rest of the lower life forms (humans/dwarves/orcs/beasts) we will have to see what our elven scholars need for crafting...

Oh allow us some pleasures. Our hunters need to challenge themselves from time to time, and they do say Man is the most dangerous game there is...
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    For real though, tulnar are the best. But its ok if you disagree, there's nothing wrong with having the wrong opinion. ;)

They really are the best. They provide such a wide variety of heads for my mantel, very unique looking.

but im sure they can be of some use like the rest of the lower life forms (humans/dwarves/orcs/beasts) we will have to see what our elven scholars need for crafting...

Oh allow us some pleasures. Our hunters need to challenge themselves from time to time, and they do say Man is the most dangerous game there is...

Its always funny how weaklings, cowards and traitors call themselves superior to the true sons and daughters of Verra. You humans, dwarvs, orcs and elves grew weak in your little sanctuary, while we Tulnar grew stronger with each generation. We killed our runts and weaklings to ensure the survival of our species and now after eons, you come back and talk down to us? We will bring down your precious civilisation and grind it into dust. I spit on your scholars and these so called "hunters" of yours. Tulnar be waiting for you in the shadows, Tulnar be watching you sleep. And Tulnar will be the last thing that you will see when we slit.... your... throat!
    61a3635090d40247a82c0cdb1db5651e.jpg
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Damokles wrote: »

Its always funny how weaklings, cowards and traitors call themselves superior to the true sons and daughters of Verra. You humans, dwarvs, orcs and elves grew weak in your little sanctuary, while we Tulnar grew stronger with each generation. We killed our runts and weaklings to ensure the survival of our species and now after eons, you come back and talk down to us? We will bring down your precious civilisation and grind it into dust. I spit on your scholars and these so called "hunters" of yours. Tulnar be waiting for you in the shadows, Tulnar be watching you sleep. And Tulnar will be the last thing that you will see when we slit.... your... throat!

Oh please. Stop pretending you're such bold survivors. Your ancestors cowered just as ours did, scratching and clawing their way to get to a Gate. Your defining attribute isn't strength, it's simply bad luck. We fled, aye, but we also blazed a trail to a new world. We faced it's dangers, we conquered it, and we thrived. We forged a new destiny out of the embers of our homeland, and all without our magical birthrights. You buried your heads in the dirt.

What do you have to show for it, Tulnar? You have no great monuments. No cities. No civilization. No works to call your own. Only the ruins of your betters that you cling to. We've come back to do what you could not do. Tame our homeland and make it livable once more. So sit in your mud huts as you have for eons and give way to the actual stewards of Verra.
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Oh please. Stop pretending you're such bold survivors. Your ancestors cowered just as ours did, scratching and clawing their way to get to a Gate. Your defining attribute isn't strength, it's simply bad luck. We fled, aye, but we also blazed a trail to a new world. We faced it's dangers, we conquered it, and we thrived. We forged a new destiny out of the embers of our homeland, and all without our magical birthrights. You buried your heads in the dirt.

What do you have to show for it, Tulnar? You have no great monuments. No cities. No civilization. No works to call your own. Only the ruins of your betters that you cling to. We've come back to do what you could not do. Tame our homeland and make it livable once more. So sit in your mud huts as you have for eons and give way to the actual stewards of Verra.

"Dangers" you say, you say that you found a way to another world. In truth you had to beg the gods for rescue, which they provided through the gates. Because they knew that you would not survive the apocalypse. Also, which dangers? The new world is called SANCTUARY, there were no dangers but yourself.

And we dont have monuments? No cities? No work we can call our own? We carved our monuments in the stone that surrounded us. We hollowed out caves as tall as the highest mountain and built our cities in them. We turned the crystals and gems of the earth into collossal statues securing our achievements through the ages. We forged things out of metal and stone, things that you would call impossible! There is no one better at the carving of stone and rock and metall than the Tulnar!

And if your new world is so nice and save and precious then go back from where you came and never return to our shores. Your ancestors gave their birthright up when they left, you have nothing to support your claim to stewardship!

(I love this btw xD)
    a6XEiIf.gif
    edited May 2019

"Dangers" you say, you say that you found a way to another world. In truth you had to beg the gods for rescue, which they provided through the gates. Because they knew that you would not survive the apocalypse. Also, which dangers? The new world is called SANCTUARY, there were no dangers but yourself.

And we dont have monuments? No cities? No work we can call our own? We carved our monuments in the stone that surrounded us. We hollowed out caves as tall as the highest mountain and built our cities in them. We turned the crystals and gems of the earth into collossal statues securing our achievements through the ages. We forged things out of metal and stone, things that you would call impossible! There is no one better at the carving of stone and rock and metall than the Tulnar!

And if your new world is so nice and save and precious then go back from where you came and never return to our shores. Your ancestors gave their birthright up when they left, you have nothing to support your claim to stewardship!

(I love this btw xD)

And do these cities exist purely in your pretty prose? A lovely idea, I respect the dreams of the downtrodden, but when I look across these lands I find wild, untamed wilderness. Monsters roam the forests. Monsters roam the planes. In the mountains, corruption still reigns. You come to us claiming you own these lands? That you tamed them and built civilization? I have seen more organization and order within our dog packs.

Sanctuary was our salvation from the corruption, not hardship. Without magic, we had to re-learn nearly every lesson. We needed to remaster working the fields, taming the beasts, forging our tools! We sweat and toiled away to rebuild some semblance of life on an alien planet. You had the tools of old ready and waiting for your grasp. You did naught with them. You are not worthy of the bounty Verra offers. Should we leave, nothing will change. It will remain a stagnant memory of times past. We will return Verra to it's former glory. Our visions of the future are grander, greater than your petty aspirations, Tulnar. Your ilk rarely gives greater thought than what your next meal will consist of...

Already we grow strong. Our brothers and sisters reclaim the gifts of old, they wield the powers of this world and bend flame and frost to their will. We grow stronger than ever before. You will make room, or we will take it. This is the future, vermin. Accept it, or vanish into the ruin you call home.

(Always fun to have a creative writing exercise)
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I say we kill every race and then let the dead sleep
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Best race? We can only settle this with a real race between all races i guess.

Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • AtliAtli Member, Warrior of Old
    More Dwarven love is required.
    "Fabled to be the first created of the major races, the Dwarves are said to have arrived on the continents with ships made of stone and steel."

Fabled to be first? First is best IMO. :)

jgyClWy.jpg
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When I was a kid, I learned "First is the worst"
    k2U15J3.png
    arzosah wrote: »

But second is always the best
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • GodbrithilGodbrithil Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Alpha One
    atama wrote: »
    Duebrithil wrote: »
    Why should there be the "best" race? oO

Try to be best
    ‘Cause you're only a man
    And a man's gotta learn to take it
    Try to believe
    Though the going gets rough
    That you gotta hang tough to make it
    History repeats itself
    Try and you'll succeed
    Never doubt that you're the one
    And you can have your dreams!
    You're the best!
    Around!
    You're the Best!
    Around!
    You're the Best!
    Around!

giphy.gif

The song and the movie were of course absolutely top class - pure nostalgia! :P

Nevertheless, I can't spare anything for this childish question. To exaggerate it even sounds discreetly like racial segregation (shitstorm inc.) - the story repeats itself with pleasure and mistakes are repeated again and again.
    unknown.png
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Depends what we can do with the Tulnar but Elves so far.
  • dphantomtvdphantomtv Member, Alpha One
    So the general consensus is “Tulnar and Elves are dope af”
    dEbtg6Q.jpg
    He's a phantom | twitch.tv/dphantomtv
  • daewulfdaewulf Member
    LOL 3 pages and no white power comments... impressive!
    Daewulf wrote: »

Well, until now. :(

Hhak63P.png
  • julsonjulson Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    It doesn't matter it has to be a pirate

Its just skin deep thats why I like bones
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• AtliAtli Member, Warrior of Old
    edited May 2019
    Nagash wrote: »

But second is always the best

It's clear now that some people weren't encouraged to be achievers.... ;):D
    jgyClWy.jpg
  • KotirNexusKotirNexus Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Considering I will have alts, I am split between the elves and the Tulnar. As I will be both and neither will be the same.
  • Nagash wrote: »

I'm just curious, what species did you identify with before you took to horticulture and started pushing up daisies?
    megs wrote: »

I'm just curious, what species did you identify with before you took to horticulture and started pushing up daisies?

Nagash has broader interests than that. He’s also an invertebrate caretaker, who is constantly feeding the worms.

Hhak63P.png
    megs wrote: »

At this point, I have no idea I think I have bones form every race somewhere or another
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• dphantomtvdphantomtv Member, Alpha One
    New sub-thread idea: Tulnar or....frognar *shutters*
    dEbtg6Q.jpg
    He's a phantom | twitch.tv/dphantomtv
  • Tulnar FTW. Dino-people >>>>
  • Elves. If you dont know why, then shame on you
  • RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited August 2020
    Ren'kai...a Ren'kai tank can wield a Dunir cleric in one hand and a Nikua mage in the other...they're basically Voltron.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It should be glaringly obvious to anyone with an IQ higher then their shoe size.
    Clearly the Majestic Siberian Husky rules them all. Tulnar close second
    Little known fact I play a human in the real world not impressed.
    Pointy eared freaks running in circles going "Live long and prosper." pfft
    The tripping hazards are dangerous to everyone else.
    Orcs might need anger management stop turning green and trying to smash everything.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • LuthienstormLuthienstorm Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The one you want to play